Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He IS an American citizen and has the same rights as ALL American citizens.

If he were NOT a citizen, I couldn't care less what they do with him.

The constitution giveth and the constitution taketh away.
Quote:
2nd bomber not Mirandized......
Proof of your accusation please.

We'll wait. But not til this happens.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
I truly believe we need to keep this process clean.

1) Water board him until sufficient information is obtained.

2) Execute him.

Very simple, very easy.

As for his American citizenship, he was naturalized, not born here. There are certain restrictions like not being able to hold the office of president for one.
If and when illegal aliens eventually obtain citizenship they too will be second tier.

American born is and always will be top tier.

Life is not fair and never will be despite the ones that attempt to level the playing field for continued immigrant migration both legal and illegal.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
By the way, how does everyone feel now about better background checking for gun owners seeing that one of these idiots walked up to the SUV the M.I.T. police officer was sitting in and shot him at point blank range.blah blah blah .

both of those liberal obama supporters would have passed any background check currently in place or proposed by the traitors of the obama administration...

facts are kryptonite to a liberal.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Yes, I would not have allowed the police in my home and I would have defended my own property.
Even if you were out of town?

The legal question would be whether or not a search for a terrorist is "reasonable" (4t amendment), and I think the courts would find it reasonable, since they are not there to search your propery because they suspect the owner of something, but to catch a murderer. I think there would be very few people who would complain about such search, but of course there is always someone who will complain about everything.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 AM

645 posts, read 1,964,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Do you know what I think is interesting? The fact that the police in the Dohner case shot first and asked questions later, but in this case they actually arrested someone who was more of a terroristic threat.
He is more valuable alive to get intel from him.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually mirands rights apply to non-citizens as well as ciizens, but the Constitution does not say they must be read to everyone being arrested, that was added to the procedures in 1966
The reason why they are called Miranda rights is from the Supreme Court case MIRANDA v. ARIZONA, 384 U.S. 436 (1966). It doesn't say in the constitution that the police must read you your rights. That requirement is from the Supreme Court interpretation of the Fifth Amendment.

. . . commanding that no person `shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself.'"

Old 04-20-2013, 06:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd
By the way, how does everyone feel now about better background checking for gun owners seeing that one of these idiots walked up to the SUV the M.I.T. police officer was sitting in and shot him at point blank range.blah blah blah .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
both of those liberal obama supporters would have passed any background check currently in place or proposed by the traitors of the obama administration...

facts are kryptonite to a liberal.
Funny, "facts are kryptonite to a liberal," while you make assertions based upon no facts. How ironic.

Besides, what makes you think you can presume how these people feel about U.S. partisan politics? You may not realize how unpopular Obama is in parts of the Middle East where he has stepped-up drone activity.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:05 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
It is sad that the government is pushing potential constitutional violations in this case when there is really no need. I think it is just trying to flex its terror legislation muscles to see how far they will go, and this is the perfect case. It is a dangerous game for the government because one change on the Supreme Court could invalidate much of the anti-terror legislation.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Keep emotion out of it.
How do you suggest ANYONE keep emotion out of it? I have seen pictures of a young man with no legs, have seen parents in torment over losing their 8 year old child, 180 people hurt, a young police officer shot at point blank range..want more?
No matter how much emotion is in or out of this whole mess there are NO rights for this guy once the Patriot Act kicks in...too bad for him. All this was his choice.
Perhaps you need to find the emotion that will keep this from happening again and stop playing Attorney.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The reason why they are called Miranda rights is from the Supreme Court case MIRANDA v. ARIZONA, 384 U.S. 436 (1966). It doesn't say in the constitution that the police must read you your rights. That requirement is from the Supreme Court interpretation of the Fifth Amendment.

. . . commanding that no person `shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself.'"
Correct. It is a common misconception that the police have to read you your Miranda rights or the case will get "thrown out on a technicality". Miranda rights are actually more of a Due Process requirement to safeguard the Fifth Amendment. But the Fifth Amendment only applies to testimonial evidence. So, if the police do not need a confession from you, then there is no reason to Mirandize you, although they do it out procedure now with most suspects. The only legal consequence of not being appraised of your Miranda rights is that the government cannot use a confession or other testimonial evidence against you if that evidence was collected during a custodial interrogation. Still, there was no reason not to read this guy his Miranda rights. But I doubt the government is worried that they will not get a conviction without his testimony. Hell, I am not even sure he will receive a public, civilian trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies