Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 AM

709 posts, read 598,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
To make the comment that he did was hateful, ignorant, and cruel.......and for you to defend it says a lot about you.
What comments? Do what you want, I don't care and it's none of my business....Just leave the BSA out of it?

Shame on me, I'm a big mean man!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 AM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
The bolded text is not necessarily true. The majority of heterosexuals do not walk around calling themselves heterosexuals or straight. Actually, I chuckle when I type it out online. Juxtapose this with the majority of homosexuals. Homosexuals are defined based on their sexual orientation. This is what in essence makes you and others who identify as homosexual a protected minority group right? For this reason it's dishonest to pretend that homosexuals haven't built an entire culture based largely on their sexual identity.

And I want to be clear: My statements about some homosexual men having attractions for teenage boys is not a fallacy. You need to be honest about this. I doubt that heterosexual men would deny being attracted to pretty teenage girls. Most however know NOT to act on their attractions, due to strict statutory rape laws. But Some people whether heterosexual or homosexual do take advantage of children and teenagers, when they believe they can get away with doing so. Again, it's the potential risk that all people should be concerned about.

I don't know too many parents that would want a heterosexual male lead to take their girls into the woods for an overnight camping expedition. The guy may be very nice and all, but the risk is still there so precautions have to be taken to ensure that nothing happens. Likewise, since homosexual men are attracted to males, I don't think it's a smart move for a homosexual male to lead a group of children or teenage boys into the woods for camping either. The risk is there, and so is the liability. BSA knows this, that's why they don't want homosexual men leading boy scout troops.
First of all, I am not gay, so your comment directed at me about "you and others who identify as homosexual" is wrong. Nice try though. I always find it amusing that so many of you immediately assume that anybody who supports gay people and don't view them as "the other" must also be gay themselves. Secondly, you seem to assume that my post was directed at you. I didn't quote you (or anybody else for that matter), and I was speaking in general about the many folks who seem to think that all gay people ever think about is sex and their lives are ruled by it. But apparently what I said struck a nerve with you personally. Lastly, I don't see how homosexuals have built a culture based on their sexual identity any more than heterosexuals have. And it doesn't matter if you have to explicitly state that you're straight or not. That's part of the privilege of being part of a majority group. People just assume that you are, so of course it's not necessary for you to state it. Sometimes folks inside their bubble of privilege tend to lose sight of what the world is like for other people who aren't like them. The whole husband/wife/kids thing is what many straight people base their lives on. So that is the "straight culture" based on the heterosexual identity. Everybody has a sexual identity. Be it homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, asexual, or any combination thereof. Having a sexual identity does not mean that sex rules every aspect of that person's life. That's just what people like you choose to believe because you continue to have this "us v. them" mentality. I suppose it's easier to dehumanize an entire group of people if you view them as nothing more than creatures focused on having sex with anything that moves (as long has they have the same genitalia), instead of viewing them as complete, multi-faceted human beings just like the rest of us.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
I agree, that's why it's dishonest for gay men to say, they are only interested and attracted to men. A gay man can't tell me that if he saw an attractive 15 or 16 year old drying off near the lake he wouldn't be checking him out.

Once they admit that this is a real scenario, they should admit that some type of protective policies need to be put in place, to make sure that nothing inappropriate happens. The best policy may very well be to keep the ban in place.
The same is true of heterosexual [and homosexual] teachers. Should we ban them both from teaching?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
First of all, I am not gay, so your comment directed at me about "you and others who identify as homosexual" is wrong. Nice try though. I always find it amusing that so many of you immediately assume that anybody who supports gay people and don't view them as "the other" must also be gay themselves. Secondly, you seem to assume that my post was directed at you. I didn't quote you (or anybody else for that matter), and I was speaking in general about the many folks who seem to think that all gay people ever think about is sex and their lives are ruled by it. But apparently what I said struck a nerve with you personally. Lastly, I don't see how homosexuals have built a culture based on their sexual identity any more than heterosexuals have. And it doesn't matter if you have to explicitly state that you're straight or not. That's part of the privilege of being part of a majority group. People just assume that you are, so of course it's not necessary for you to state it. Sometimes folks inside their bubble of privilege tend to lose sight of what the world is like for other people who aren't like them. The whole husband/wife/kids thing is what many straight people base their lives on. So that is the "straight culture" based on the heterosexual identity. Everybody has a sexual identity. Be it homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, asexual, or any combination thereof. Having a sexual identity does not mean that sex rules every aspect of that person's life. That's just what people like you choose to believe because you continue to have this "us v. them" mentality. I suppose it's easier to dehumanize an entire group of people if you view them as nothing more than creatures focused on having sex with anything that moves (as long has they have the same genitalia), instead of viewing them as complete, multi-faceted human beings just like the rest of us.
What's wrong with the posts? It's just being honest. At least "some" in this thread are.

A well built 16-17 year old female will draw my eyes.

The 16-17 year old boy (young man) will draw the gay guys eyes too.

He's just got an agenda to push and can't admit it on record.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The same is true of heterosexual [and homosexual] teachers. Should we ban them both from teaching?
Please explain how a teacher inside a school has anything in common with a leader of opposite OR (sexually attracted gender *gay*) out in the woods alone?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:07 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Quote:
I could point to a lot of comments made by homosexuals that are hateful, ignorant and cruel. Will you condemn the posters that called God a fairy tale? Oh right, you believe that, so you won't condemn it, even though that statement is hateful, ignorant and cruel to those who believe in God.

See, there's two sides to every coin. Your indignation only seems to be geared at the side that doesn't agree with your viewpoint.
No offense, but there is plenty of empirical evidence pointing to the idea that God is a fairy tale. Not so much pointing to the idea that homosexuals have a higher rate of molesting boys or would be unfit to be involved in boy scouts. If you can provide any, I would gladly read it.

Either way, I still don't know why homosexuals care. I'm done with this organization. And homophobia will die out soon, at least institutional/legalized homophobia.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Please explain how a teacher inside a school has anything in common with a leader of opposite OR (sexually attracted gender *gay*) out in the woods alone?
They are both in the position of authority. It's not even worth dismissing it as a possibility. There's been enough scenarios with teacher-student relations. It's a big problem.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 AM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
What's wrong with the posts? It's just being honest. At least "some" in this thread are.

A well built 16-17 year old female will draw my eyes.

The 16-17 year old boy (young man) will draw the gay guys eyes too.

He's just got an agenda to push and can't admit it on record.

Why are you quoting me with regards to this nonsense? What you just posted about teenage girls "drawing your eyes" has absolutely nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:09 AM

147 posts, read 113,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
No, because they are not camping overnight and there are adequate provisions put in place to protect children from sexual or physical abuse. Most schools have teacher assistants and cameras in every classroom.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No.. shame is for the ones who are not ashamed of their sins in their lives.. Jesus came for the sinner and they spit at his word.. they crucify his word daily.. better read about the word of God and how it judges.. it is God's word not mine.. God does not want you as you have chosen to follow the gays and support them. Jesus knows who rejects his love because they love their homosexual perversion.... they link up in chains of men connect to each other for a sexual thrill. Support that all you want in your perverted love for the homosexual lifestyle and see what God will say when he sees you supporting this perversion.God 's love is higher than man's love. God's love requires repentance of sin.
Damn! For someone professing to be so against homosexuality, you sure seem to have researched it in depth. In excruciating detail. Studied it under a microscope and scoured the interwebz. You regale us with stories of man chains and bath houses and glory holes. You seem rather obsessed with the subject matter. Most peculiar. Is there something you would like to share with the class? Methinks thou doth protest a tad too much.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 04-21-2013 at 01:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies