Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times

Advertisements

I found that the CD posts were most accurate......no really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As I was watching Fox, I never saw any of the Fox people suggest that the bombing may have been OWS, ELF, or maybe pro-pot legalization types (due to the proximity to 4-20).

On MSNBC, NPR, CNN, etc. you saw one after another lefty incompetent make fools of themselves by suggesting that conservatives might have attacked the Boston Marathon and Boston Athletic Association (BAA) as a way of protesting taxes or some other conservative agenda point.
That's not what I saw. I saw commentators weighing different theories as to who might be responsible, not pointing fingers.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
NBC network news had 3 time more viewers that FNC cable news.
That is why so many liberals were misinformed for so long.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Default Jon Stewart nails one

Let me be the first to admit that I dont often like Jon Stewart, not because of him, but because people actually repeat what he says as "news"...

but this one was too funny to not pass along..
Hysterical: Daily Show's Jon Stewart Absolutely Rips Apart CNN's Boston Coverage | Independent Journal Review

Funniest part is near the end, but its all pretty good.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 AM

90 posts, read 64,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Let me be the first to admit that I dont often like Jon Stewart, not because of him, but because people actually repeat what he says as "news"...

but this one was too funny to not pass along..
Hysterical: Daily Show's Jon Stewart Absolutely Rips Apart CNN's Boston Coverage | Independent Journal Review

Funniest part is near the end, but its all pretty good.
They are useful idiots at the press office. Funny how if they don't have a script they can't work impromptu. Who else does this remind you of...............

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Jon Stewert is able to bring light to many situations through his clever use of satire. Many people often put up a mental block for facts they just don't want to accept. Jon is able to get past that block through humor (he passes this block through the back door, sort-of-speak). Anyone who is annoyed or angry by his show probably does not want to know the truth about the topic at hand.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Jon Stewert is able to bring light to many situations through his clever use of satire. Many people often put up a mental block for facts they just don't want to accept. Jon is able to get past that block through humor (he passes this block through the back door, sort-of-speak). Anyone who is annoyed or angry by his show probably does not want to know the truth about the topic at hand.
I watch his show almost every night - I agree some content, disagree with other content. Just like any other human being, he's not always right, and from his position of hind-sight satire, of course he can tear just about anyone apart.

He's obviously a liberal who's dedicated his show to bashing conservatism, which is fine. But don't pretend he's some sort of comedic voice-of-truth, because, again, it's all from a convenient position.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
It's an old story, discussed previously on this forum.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
The sad thing about Jon Stewart is that he wouldn't even need to be a good comedian for his show to be good. The clips he shows always sell themselves as funny because they reek of so much in irony. And the fact that he can get this kind of material daily says a lot about politics and the media. It's actually pretty depressing.

And if it seems like he likes to bash conservatives, it may be because they reek of irony waaaay too much.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I watch his show almost every night - I agree some content, disagree with other content. Just like any other human being, he's not always right, and from his position of hind-sight satire, of course he can tear just about anyone apart.

He's obviously a liberal who's dedicated his show to bashing conservatism, which is fine. But don't pretend he's some sort of comedic voice-of-truth, because, again, it's all from a convenient position.
I didn't realize that CNN is considered a conservative news outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies