Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 AM

90 posts, read 64,442 times

Advertisements

So the left wants to minimize the Muslim connection. The younger bomber brother has already admitted it was a religious reason for the attack. But is it meaningless as the left is trying to spin?

If it was a white supremacist that had blown up a black church would it be meaningless? If a Nazi group had blown up a synagogue would it have been a meaningless motive?

I think in these two cases the left would have been yelling until their vocal cords were broken about how the motive did mean something. But when its Muslim it suddenly is not meaningful.

What is it about the left that they so desperately try to protect the Radial Muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
It would be really, really nice if you linked to what Ms. Maddow actually said or wrote instead of putting your words in her mouth and then attacking those words. Does strawman come to mind?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM

13,424 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
So the left wants to minimize the Muslim connection. The younger bomber brother has already admitted it was a religious reason for the attack. But is it meaningless as the left is trying to spin?

If it was a white supremacist that had blown up a black church would it be meaningless? If a Nazi group had blown up a synagogue would it have been a meaningless motive?

I think in these two cases the left would have been yelling until their vocal cords were broken about how the motive did mean something. But when its Muslim it suddenly is not meaningful.

What is it about the left that they so desperately try to protect the Radial Muslims?
Not trying to protect anyone. But calling it a Muslim terror attack when it isn't just because you can is not helpful to anybody at all.

Listen, you can give any excuse you want as to why you're a murdering innocent killing bastard. But at the end of the day, if it's just you doing it because you want to, then you're just a murdering innocent killing bastard, and not some kind of religious martyr.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I wonder if all the people calling for a Crusade against Islam are willing to fight in that war?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:24 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Not trying to protect anyone. But calling it a Muslim terror attack when it isn't just because you can is not helpful to anybody at all.
You mean like linking the bombings to the right wing....and wishing it was a white person? Things like that, then I'll agree with you. Were you in any of the threads denouncing any of those?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:

Do you have a link to the comments of Ms. Maddow? I'd like to read/view those remarks in their totality and context. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Leftist loon is an Islamofascist apologist. Considering she is openly homosexual, I wonder if she supports what Muslim theocracies do to people like her under rule of law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder if all the people calling for a Crusade against Islam are willing to fight in that war?
I'd be willing to kick 'em all out of America. That'd be a start.

The reality for me, honestly as an isolationist conservative, is that I'd like to take ALL our men and women out of any Muslim-majority entity and leave them in the stone age they are living in and let them have their Sharia Law. I think that would be one heck of a start. Cultural relativism, you know?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Leftist loon is an Islamofascist apologist. Considering she is openly homosexual, I wonder if she supports what Muslim theocracies do to people like her under rule of law?

I'd be willing to kick 'em all out of America. That'd be a start.

The reality for me, honestly as an isolationist conservative, is that I'd like to take ALL our men and women out of any Muslim-majority entity and leave them in the stone age they are living in and let them have their Sharia Law. I think that would be one heck of a start. Cultural relativism, you know?

You support strawmen arguments with no sources, so it makes sense to me you feel the way you do.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
So the left wants to minimize the Muslim connection.
Rachel Maddow is the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh. Her opinion is her own, not a proxy for the entire left.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:40 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You mean like linking the bombings to the right wing....and wishing it was a white person? Things like that, then I'll agree with you. Were you in any of the threads denouncing any of those?
Did R. Maddow make those accusations? Why not stick to her comments and not conflate Maddow's comments with any other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies