Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times

Advertisements

It use to amaze me that people of the left have no vision and do not understand the simple concept of action- reaction. The thread is full of proof.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,643 times
I'm sorry to tell all of you, but most jobs that need to be done in our society do not require special skills. I guess this means that most of our population should live in perpetual poverty because the free market (which, actually, has never been completely a free market in the history of our country) says so. Unfortunately, that is not good for anyone as it breeds crime, violence, drug abuse, etc, etc. But I guess that's what we want...so yay America.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I'm sorry to tell all of you, but most jobs that need to be done in our society do not require special skills. I guess this means that most of our population should live in perpetual poverty because the free market (which, actually, has never been completely a free market in the history of our country) says so. Unfortunately, that is not good for anyone as it breeds crime, violence, drug abuse, etc, etc. But I guess that's what we want...so yay America.
But at $15/hour for no skill they would be making more than a 4 year college degreed first year teacher in some states.
Do you see the irony in that at all ?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But at $15/hour for no skill they would be making more than a 4 year college degreed first year teacher in some states.
Do you see the irony in that at all ?
I don't know if $15 is appropriate, but collective bargaining will come up with a reasonable amount that is more than they currently make. McDonald's is currently bringing in over $12K a year per employee in profits, so there is room for negotiation.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:58 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
On top of that it has been explained that there would be inflation where a hamburger and everything else would almost double in price. When that does take place the $15 a hour worker would find himself in the exact same place as they are today.
People from the left have a tendency to think with their hearts and emotions and it clouds their judgement on reality and logic. It is a hard cold world out there and no one promised you a rose garden.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I don't know if $15 is appropriate, but collective bargaining will come up with a reasonable amount that is more than they currently make. McDonald's is currently bringing in over $12K a year per employee in profits, so there is room for negotiation.
Collective bargaining by who ? They aren't unionized.
Negotiations ? Really ? lol

McDonald's is a franchise....each store is independently owned with a percentage sent back to the mother ship.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
I'll bet they can make automatic much more of those fast food joints. Robots doing all the work never need a raise or Obamacare.

It will be like drive through vending machines that take credit cards.

Last edited by Rakin; 04-24-2013 at 04:46 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Collective bargaining by who ? They aren't unionized.
Negotiations ? Really ? lol

McDonald's is a franchise....each store is independently owned with a percentage sent back to the mother ship.
The organization is organizing into a union, according to the article.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,325,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Working at a burger flipper joint is minimum wage employment, because it's UNSKILLED labor. It's a wage we start to pay to 14 year old school children who are entering the work force. This is not supposed to be work to raise a family on. At most, it's a job a spouse gets to supplement the income already earned by the family bread winner.

These jobs are to cut your teeth on so you can work your way thru school, and move into a better paying job. Sadly, in this Obama economy, these unskilled labor, entry level jobs are turning into the only job a person can find.
So since you took the time to post, would you like to take a second longer and answer my question?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Working at a burger flipper joint is minimum wage employment, because it's UNSKILLED labor. It's a wage we start to pay to 14 year old school children who are entering the work force. This is not supposed to be work to raise a family on. At most, it's a job a spouse gets to supplement the income already earned by the family bread winner.

These jobs are to cut your teeth on so you can work your way thru school, and move into a better paying job. Sadly, in this Obama economy, these unskilled labor, entry level jobs are turning into the only job a person can find.
Exactly correct. Our economy has been so bad, for so long, that people are extremely desperate to find a job to feed their families with. I feel their pain, they need a job, but all they can find, if they are lucky, is a job flipping burgers or serving tables.

These people shouldn't blame McDonald's, they should blame 0bama and his senseless, idiotic, out of touch policy agenda. The most important issues with Americans is JOBS, and the ECONOMY!!! And yet, where are 0bama's priorities? Immigration, gun control and man-made global warming, and after them, it will be gay mariage. Meanwhile, the deficit cap and our non-existent federal budget are looming over our hrads, but all 0bama will do is use them to push for his tax-the-rich alternative agenda

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies