Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The term "anchor baby" was coined to address the births on our soil from illegal alien parents not legal parents. That is common knowledge. I am sure you find her disgusting just because she is a rightie.
her parents her not here on a permanent basis. She is an anchor baby.

So I guess you are ok with people on tourist visas having kids here too?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Obama's mother family was here for many generation. WTH are you babbling about?
You are just not that bright.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You are just not that bright.
Coming from you.... A self hating anchor baby, your "insult" is not... LOL

Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
I am guessing her solution is to deport them as our laws state. I don't find that idiotic or extremist.
If you don't find deporting over 10 million people extreme than you don't know what that word means.

The whole problem was created by the people of the USA, who for many decades looked the other way as the millions of illegals flooded the country. It was very convient to have a permanent underclass of "Serfs" that could be exploited and generall oppressed. If the country had been at all serious about keeping the illegals out, it is not all that difficult. Just consider all of the thrid rate powers that were not only able to keep illegals out but keep their own people in. Freakin Albania and Rumania for goodness sakes were able to seal their borders. East Germany was near impossible to get in or out of. Surely the great and powerful USA an do as well. You won't though because the political will is just not there.

So, now that this self created problem has come back to bite you in the azz, don't cry me a river about it.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
The term "anchor baby" was coined to address the births on our soil from illegal alien parents not legal parents. That is common knowledge. I am sure you find her disgusting just because she is a rightie.
Obviously it's common knowledge since so many get it wrong. Yeesh.

I find her disgusting because she's a hypocrite.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

Are kids of people on tourist visas anchor babies?

what about student visas?

Or work visas? If so she is an anchor baby

Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
All international students in the US are traced. There is a SEVIS system which records their current status. They pay $100 for this "service" on their own. Their fingerprints are stored too.

If they take fewer credits than required, they will be immediately "out of status" and be deported. International students are not allowed to work off campus and cannot work more than 20 hours per week on campus.
Thank you. I stand corrected . They changed the laws after 9-11.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

Nope. The term "anchor baby" was strictly coined for babies born from illegal alien parents. She isn't a hypocrite because she isn't an anchor baby. Her parents were here legally when she was born.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
If you don't find deporting over 10 million people extreme than you don't know what that word means.

The whole problem was created by the people of the USA, who for many decades looked the other way as the millions of illegals flooded the country. It was very convient to have a permanent underclass of "Serfs" that could be exploited and generall oppressed. If the country had been at all serious about keeping the illegals out, it is not all that difficult. Just consider all of the thrid rate powers that were not only able to keep illegals out but keep their own people in. Freakin Albania and Rumania for goodness sakes were able to seal their borders. East Germany was near impossible to get in or out of. Surely the great and powerful USA an do as well. You won't though because the political will is just not there.

So, now that this self created problem has come back to bite you in the azz, don't cry me a river about it.
Do we have immigration laws and the punishment for breaking them on the books or not? However, there is an easier way to get rid of them and that is to remove all the incentives for them to remain here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Many if not most would self-deport.

No, regular Americans did not look the other way. It was our government in cahoots with the greedy employers and we regular Americans aren't going to pay for their negligence.

It hasn't come back to bite me in the azz as I have fought against illegal immigration for years. I am not an accomplice to this travesty I am a law abiding patriot American. Sad that you appear not to be.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Nope. The term "anchor baby" was strictly coined for babies born from illegal alien parents. She isn't a hypocrite because she isn't an anchor baby. Her parents were here legally when she was born.
They were on temporary visas. So are children of tourists or student visa holders anchors babies? To me they are. Her parents should have gone back home and have the baby there. They are not americans... besides a lot of work visas are just a scam to take our jobs away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies