Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 11:48 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68
Not surprisingly, and brightest red states also have the most welfare recipients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not surprisingly the brightest red states also have the highest percentages of Blacks.
So according to you and the chart, Blacks who live in Republican states have a high percentage of welfare, but Blacks who live in Democrat states are doing just fine. Why then would Blacks ever vote Republican when not only do Republican attack them every chance they get, but also when, according to you Edward, Blacks seem to be doing worse under Republican controlled states and better (less on welfare) in Blue states?

Why does no one care about the other races that make up 60% of the welfare total? Why does everyone igore the fact that Republican controlled states receive the most welfare?

I know Republicans, you're going to Blacks that live in the Conservative states. Then why is it that more Black people who live under Conservative rule are on welfare and receive"free stuff" than Blacks under Democrat rule who receive "less free stuff?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 11:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
So according to you and the chart, Blacks who live in Republican states have a high percentage of welfare, but Blacks who live in Democrat states are doing just fine. Why then would Blacks ever vote Republican when not only do Republican attack them every chance they get, but also when, according to you Edward, Blacks seem to be doing worse under Republican controlled states and better (less on welfare) in Blue states?

Why does no one care about the other races that make up 60% of the welfare total? Why does everyone igore the fact that Republican controlled states receive the most welfare?

I know Republicans, you're going to Blacks that live in the Conservative states. Then why is it that more Black people who live under Conservative rule are on welfare and receive"free stuff" than Blacks under Democrat rule who receive "less free stuff?"
I think it has to do more with the fact that the poor cannot just up and move.
The South has always been traditionally more conservative and that also happens to be where slavery was predominant hence the large number of Blacks in the south.

I don't think there is a correlation at all.

If that were the case all the illegals would pick up and move to CA because CA has much more benefits for them than other states.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times

Old 12-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think it has to do more with the fact that the poor cannot just up and move.
The South has always been traditionally more conservative and that also happens to be where slavery was predominant hence the large number of Blacks in the south.

I don't think there is a correlation at all.

If that were the case all the illegals would pick up and move to CA because CA has much more benefits for them than other states.
Most Hispanics do live in CA. Illegals can move from on country & sneak illegally into another, I'm sure that that moving from Arizona to CA wouldn't be a issue.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
{image}
This Conservative tactic is sad and it's what's killing your party.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Most Hispanics do live in CA. Illegals can move from on country & sneak illegally into another, I'm sure that that moving from Arizona to CA wouldn't be a issue.
Texas has the second largest population of illegals and they seem to be staying put.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Texas has the second largest population of illegals and they seem to be staying put.
This does prove that they're staying put because, even though they're able to sneak into a new country with nothing but the shirt on their backs, they're to poor to make it a couple of states over if that's what they wanted to do.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:22 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
So according to you and the chart, Blacks who live in Republican states have a high percentage of welfare, but Blacks who live in Democrat states are doing just fine. Why then would Blacks ever vote Republican when not only do Republican attack them every chance they get, but also when, according to you Edward,

You missed the point. AA's make up 13% of the US population and make up 38% of welfare recipients. The southern states that have the highest concentration of AA's would also have higher welfare usage. The particular problem the southern states have is culture. Kentucky has the same demographic makeup as MN, but people in MN believe in education and have higher educational acheivements. Another thing to note is the claims that red states receive more welfare are skewed by government land ownership and military installations.

Quote:
Blacks seem to be doing worse under Republican controlled states and better (less on welfare) in Blue states?
Assuming facts not in evidence.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
This does prove that they're staying put because, even though they're able to sneak into a new country with nothing but the shirt on their backs, they're to poor to make it a couple of states over if that's what they wanted to do.
And the Texas county maps show the largest areas of poverty are right along the border.
They are literally living in cardboard boxes with no running water.

Colonias FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

This is a "home" in a Texas colonia:

Texas Trip

Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'd also like to point out that food stamps does not allow someone to buy luxurious food like filet mignon, salmon, king crab, ribeye, etc. in decent quantities like so many tea partiers have allegedly witnessed on here. $250 a month per person is not a lot of food and usually is enough to buy cheap, unhealthy, per-processed crap and soft drinks. $1.80 for a 2 liter soda or almost $4.50+ for a gallon of milk. Talk about the easy life
I don't know what the limits are exactly, but I know for a fact you can buy almost any food item, I saw a young kid buying a prepared sandwich at a convenience store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies