Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 AM

131 posts, read 209,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the fial straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

We all must look pass politics at times; greatness comes from either side of the political aisle. When Clinton Eastwood appeared at the RNC last year, someone in my family cursed the guy and said they'd never watch another one of his movies solely because he's a Republican. Idiotic? Of course it is, but some people which may include yourself see certain people as boogyman solely because of what others have told you. But aside from that, politics and religion should be like water and oil, they shouldn't mix. When I was into Church, my pastor often pressed for a agenda for everyone to vote for Obama without offering a reason to; of course about 99% of the congregation voted for him.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
If humans aren't responsible for global warming, then what is?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
If humans aren't responsible for global warming, then what is?
The sun?

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. James 3:1 (NKJV)

The bus to hell is gonna be full of preachers. (Electron Paraphrased Version)

My pastor is a warmongering Romans 13 'conservative'

I have come to the conclusion that I will not find the perfect church. No one will. We shouldn't place our faith in men anyway. I enjoy my church for the teaching and fellowship, but know when to tune into what he is saying and when to rely on the scripture instead of his opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Intellektuelle View Post
We all must look pass politics at times; greatness comes from either side of the political aisle. When Clinton Eastwood appeared at the RNC last year, someone in my family cursed the guy and said they'd never watch another one of his movies solely because he's a Republican. Idiotic? Of course it is, but some people which may include yourself see certain people as boogyman solely because of what others have told you. But aside from that, politics and religion should be like water and oil, they shouldn't mix. When I was into Church, my pastor often pressed for a agenda for everyone to vote for Obama without offering a reason to; of course about 99% of the congregation voted for him.
I'm discussing reality.

More bad stuff went into the air when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the 1980's than all the fossil fuel pollution of the last 90 years, and still no catastrophe has occurred.

Humans are not responsible for global warming - and to the chagrin of the alarmists - the Earth is actually cooling.

"Global warming" is a political charade - it is a vehicle for liberals to expand regulation and central control.

In other words - it is a blueprint for the Democrats to turn the United States into North Korea.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
It's amazing that ultra-right-wing Old Testament Christianity and hippie liberal New Testament Christianity can coexist in the same religion.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's amazing that ultra-right-wing Old Testament Christianity and hippie liberal New Testament Christianity can coexist in the same religion.
LOL - speaking of hippies - the pastor said that the benediction phrase was a 1960's bumper sticker slogan.

I was born in the mid 1970's , so I wouldn't know.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 AM

131 posts, read 209,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I'm discussing reality.

More bad stuff went into the air when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the 1980's than all the fossil fuel pollution of the last 90 years, and still no catastrophe has occurred.

Humans are not responsible for global warming - and to the chagrin of the alarmists - the Earth is actually cooling.

"Global warming" is a political charade - it is a vehicle for liberals to expand regulation and central control.

In other words - it is a blueprint for the Democrats to turn the United States into North Korea.
The USA or better yet the Democrats are turning into its number one foe, North Korea? Lets be rational here, we're all adults here therefore we should stop pointing fingers here or there. I won't deny what you're saying, you may be right, your pastor may be right but either way I don't believe you nor your pastor should ignore each others argument. There's no point for me to argue about Global Warming solely because I haven't done much research on it, but I think its safe to say that the world is warming; now the cause of that warming is debatable. Some may say because revelations says the world is coming to a end, while some may say CO2 emitting countries but whatever the cause, it is warming. I'm not sure if you're looking for a debate between Democrats and Republicans, if you want to dispel your pastor as a loony-tune, or you truly want to discuss rather Global Warming is real or not, so could you clarify your exact agenda?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The sun?
It really is that simple. If liberals had their way they would destroy the sun and declare the earth is now safe from global warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies