Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Um.....you pay per gallon, which equates to by the mile. The better gas mileage you get, the lower your tax per mile.

Why should I have to pay road tax, while electric cars don't?
Oh..now I get your logic...since EVs dont have to pay taxes for road maintenance, don't bring EVs into compliance...stop taxing everyone.

Logic concluded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Home heating oil and diesel fuel are exactly the same.
Have you ever considered learning the facts before posting?

While diesel can be burned in a home furnace with no problem, not all oil sold as heating oil will work well in diesels, they can vary considerably in cetane rating among other things.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So what happens when there isn't enough revenue to fix the roads that used to come from gasoline tax?
Dont you think they should have thought of that after they started giving people tax credits to buy them? btw, they are taxing the electricity used to put into the cars..

Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
When the President says under his administration, electricity costs will necessarily skyrocket then touts electric cars that have to be charged regularly, no one should be whining who buys one. They should call it a stupidity tax.

It's all part of a game to grab suburban wealth for the cities, anyway.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

While diesel can be burned in a home furnace with no problem, not all oil sold as heating oil will work well in diesels, they can vary considerably in cetane rating among other things.
I was under the impression he was talking about diesel, used to power trucks and some heating oil. When he mentioned the tax charged at the pump kinda gave it away and he never said ALL heating oil.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:

Sure....it varies from region to region, summer and winter, but the facts are the facts. Many truckers were caught and fined for using heating oil in their trucks instead of diesel fuel.

Diesel vs Home Heating Fuel

Chicken/gravity

Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was under the impression he was talking about diesel, used to power trucks. When he mentioned the tax charged at the pump kinda gave it away.
He said "Home heating oil and diesel fuel are exactly the same"

Simply not true.

Quote:
Sure....it varies from region to region, summer and winter, but the facts are the facts. Many truckers were caught and fined for using heating oil in their trucks instead of diesel fuel.

Diesel vs Home Heating Fuel

Chicken/gravity
I know from the experience of working for a petroleum products distributor years ago that there are batches of home heating oil that will heat your house just fine but won't run worth a damn in a diesel engine.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When the President says under his administration, electricity costs will necessarily skyrocket then touts electric cars that have to be charged regularly, no one should be whining who buys one. They should call it a stupidity tax.

It's all part of a game to grab suburban wealth for the cities, anyway.
Dummycrats believe that electric outlets are magic holes that produce power.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
He said "Home heating oil and diesel fuel are exactly the same"

Simply not true.

I know from the experience of working for a petroleum products distributor years ago that there are batches of home heating oil that will heat your house just fine but won't run worth a damn in a diesel engine.
Okay....I'm not a chemical engineer.

But it is a fact that SOME heating oil will run a diesel vehicle.

I love splitting hairs.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Okay....I'm not a chemical engineer.

But it is a fact that SOME heating oil will run a diesel vehicle.

I love splitting hairs.
If you'd ever been driving a diesel vehicle fueled with low-grade home heating oil you'd know it's far from splitting hairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies