Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I think they should have stood by their principles. If GOP gives up defending traditional values, then you can pretty much kiss them good-bue. Dems do not even pretend to oppose gay marriage.
I say its returning to their principles, which is government needs to leave people alone...

Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,465,220 times
Quote:
No, I think they should have stood by their principles. If GOP gives up defending traditional values, then you can pretty much kiss them good-bue. Dems do not even pretend to oppose gay marriage.
The Republicans were once the liberal party. Times change as parties try to stay relevant. And not every R moves in lock-step. Remember, the Tea Party wing of the GOP is relatively new and has brought new zeal for chopping up government, thereby changing the core beliefs of the larger party.

"Stand by their principles," then, doesn't have much historical support in regards to politics.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I say its returning to their principles, which is government needs to leave people alone...
Exactly.

Bring in a new generation of fiscally responsible, small government types and the Republicans might actually be relevant again. It's well past time to dump the hyper-authoritarian platform. It rings more than a bit hollow when the party that claims to be for small government goes around trying to run people's private lives.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
I think it is a shame the GOP is letting down the people who voted for them based on social issues.
The GOP has adopted stances on everything in the past decade or so ... solely on "social issues." It's how it destroys party members who don't 'goose step' with the American Taliban and other anti-Americans who control so many of the state party organizations. Look at the GOP platform: pure hate for America and the values which made this country great.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Promoting things like gay marriage is actually a trademark of liberalism. Conservatism is about preserving traditional values, and conservatism is being trash-canned in today's GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies