Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times

Advertisements

People want to complain about the government spending too much and that we have to get a handle on the debt, now that the government is cutting back and begining to draw down the deficit and it's affecting the economy the people are still mad.

You can't please them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
People want to complain about the government spending too much and that we have to get a handle on the debt, now that the government is cutting back and begining to draw down the deficit and it's affecting the economy the people are still mad.

not me.

It needs to cut everything,everywhere and relinquish the monopoly it has on things it can no longer run.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:

Well we aren't cutting back we are reducing spending increases. It's a joke and a political football being thrown around. Obama and co. want to make it hurt so if somebody comes along and suggest any actual real cuts they will scream well look how bad the sequester was we can't have that. The useful idiots will nod their heads in approval like always. Obama, the president of the US, is intentionally making the citizens of this country suffer to push his political ideology. He should be forcibly removed from office and made stand trial for crimes against humanity.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we aren't cutting back we are reducing spending increases. It's a joke and a political football being thrown around. Obama and co. want to make it hurt so if somebody comes along and suggest any actual real cuts they will scream well look how bad the sequester was we can't have that. The useful idiots will nod their heads in approval like always. Obama, the president of the US, is intentionally making the citizens of this country suffer to push his political ideology. He should be forcibly removed from office and made stand trial for crimes against humanity.

Well you know Obama had an agenda, and is living up to it. And the people are fitting in to his scheme just go along with everything Obama does, and have a willing and ready excuse.

The many useful idiots think exactly like Obama, they ought to all have bobble head dolls made ha! His political ideology, sucks big time.

This whole administration is a friggin joke, and don't take personal responsibility for a damn thing, always the other guy, my a--!

The other thing is depending on where one lives, the economy is not booming and in some cities, consumer spending is still not up. Better then it has been, my gosh nothing to sneeze at.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Spending is up over last year....
I wonder how much of that spending is on credit.

Prices have gone up considerably but wages have remained stagnant.

And there are not as many people working as some would have us believe.

California jewel: Here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...ient=firefox-a

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 05-01-2013 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:

Government spending per the CBO will be up $110B over the next decade. Who's cutting back?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Thank you, congress, for the sequester.
Thank Obama for the tax increases.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I wonder how much of that spending is on credit.

Prices have gone up considerably but wages have remained stagnant.

And there are not as many people working as some would have us believe.

California jewel: Here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...ient=firefox-a
All of it is on credit - we are running trillion+ deficits.

According to the Kool-Aid drinkers inflation is in check. They dispute that prices are rising.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thank you for making it clear you don't understand macro economics. You can't complain about slow growth and at the same time expect that cutting government spending, which is part of GDP, isn't going to take its toll.

If you want more than slow growth, government should be spending much more not less.
And apparently you are absent a calculator. Your President tried that spending "technique" and boy, did he try it in spades....Solyndra, Cash for Clunkers, etc.....etc....

And yet? The economy has YET to recover....soooooooo skippy, help me with THAT math...we are up 100 billion....with a b....in spending this year and the unemployment numbers still hover in the 7.6-7.8% range....this, after 6 trillion in new spending in the last 4.3 years......

If this is your idea of an economic recovery and good macroeconomics, I'd love to see your other ideas of how spending more will actually help the economy. No thanks, we've had all the "help" we can stand going your way.

I don't need anymore "help" with me spending my money and your new taxes and increased spending have "helped" themselves to enough of my cash.

Here's a thought, why not trying to run it like a business? Novel. Try spending LESS and curtailing WASTE and let's see where we are......ideas? You bet....Kill the free Sprint phone deal, subsidized internet, free b'fast and lunches for all but THE most poor in our nation, save the snail-darter, the whales, the endangered Dakota Dafodil, and any other B.S your party is famous for coming up with.

Let's get back to the basic food groups. National Security, Manufacturing and job creation, Drill baby drill...repeat, trade imbalances, tort reform and healthcare that actually works (pretty easy, make EVERYONE pay for it instead of just 1/2)....FIX THAT first and THEN we can worry about your macro economic wasteland.

You've got Syria and North Korea acting up like two inbred cousins at a family reunion. We also have to spend a great deal of time and resources on keeping all the OTHER kick-the-canistans in line. You, we, all have more pressing issues. No sense in dwindling away everyone's paycheck with no clear plan in sight when you have all these mal-contents to worry about.

Frankly, I don't want another 9-11 only to see your type complaining we did nothing along the way. No, keep wiretapping, stop and frisking, and taking aerial drone practice out on all enemies foreign AND domestic and then we can get back to the real benefit of big governments, waste.

Macro this! Quit wasting our money. Spend less, save more...

Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Being the stock market is at record highs and the private sector GDP growth was pretty good (with government tearing it down as usual of late with cuts), I don't see us doing that poorly.

We could do better, but being there is no compromise anymore in DC and that businesses are finding ways to make money without hiring more people, pretty good is where we're going to stay at for awhile.
When the government policies that are anti-business and always threatening taxes and it is smart for companies to downsize and cut fat. After doing that for years now their company debt is down, companies are more efficient. Now if Obama could just get out of the way and stop his anti-business, anti-employment rhetoric.

I run my home like a business and this is exactly what I did, cut expenses, paid down debt and hoarded. In another time I may have hired locally to do a few renovations and be spending more freely but hell no, not with Obama in office. I will continue to hoard. Alot of people and business owners feel this way. It's survival mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies