Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I didn't say it was illegal. But I don't really see a need for 16 hours of interrogation to find out if there are more bombs or accomplices. Of course, I'm not the FBI, and they know more than I do.
Who cares how long it takes. Who even cares about this guy???? I sure don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who cares how long it takes. Who even cares about this guy???? I sure don't.
The rest of the world is watching how our government handles this case. I, for one, don't want us looking like *******s.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Do you really, really want to ponder this if by chance there are others that may do a great deal of us much harm if we do? Nah. I'm completely comfortable with pulling this dbag out of his comfy, tax payers he intended to harm paid for hospital bed and shoot him in the very same spot he committed the crime.

In his case, I don't want us striving to be better than him. I just want him and his chechnyan trash family gone. Would anyone really, really miss him if it happened?

Who says we have to be so nice? F him. He killed an 8 year old and two others. Lock n load and put him out of our misery. And if anyone complains a out our collateral damage overseas, remember, we try not to kill innocents to prove our point. We do more good than harm and if bombing the bejesus out of a flea bitten nation is necessary to stop these malcontents, I'm very cool with it.

WTH is wrong with us? Start with the current leadership and go from there. These are the same fools who wish to leave our borders porous only to show up later in Boston speaking about what a tragedy this is.. And this goes to both sides of the aisle.

You can't win with people who have a death wish and are motivated to see it through. Quit talking them to death and open up on them. Isn't that why we developed drones and trillions in hardware?

Start using it....more.

This clown deserves no less than a good stoning by the runners or a quick shot to the head. Problem solved.
I'm sorry, I was under the mistaken impression you were an American. So what backward third world country are you from?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
The rest of the world is watching how our government handles this case. I, for one, don't want us looking like *******s.
Who cares who is watching, the law was followed, they can go screw.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
When you don't have to pay much for food, shelter, phone, etc. via Welfare programs, it frees up your resources to spend your money on things you want. Like fancy rims for your car, big screen TV, cable, airplane tickets to your home country so you can learn to make bombs and blow up people, you know, the little things in life.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
There is probably nothing I can write that will help you understand why what you're saying is corrupted. It's enough to just make it clear to you that reasonable people disagree with the unskillful manner in which you would have our nation regard anything other than our own interests.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Which have been proved true in a court of law?
None of them since they are not part of the government's case. However, they all happen to be true.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I, too, believe Dzhokhar Tsarnaev most likely committed the crimes he is accused of, but ignoring his requests for a lawyer really bothers me. Either we have rights as American citizens or we don't, no matter who the accused is.
Exactly! He should have been read his Miranda rights when they arrested him.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Quote:
And they will continue to blow us up. We are already breaking international laws that are pissing millions of people off. Why add to that? For vengeance? Ok. If you are cool with more terrorism in our country, then go ahead.

The same motive for anti-US 'terrorism' is cited over and over | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Besides that, refusal of a lawyer is almost definitely illegal.

Quote:
Delaying Miranda warnings under the "public safety exception" - including under the Obama DOJ's radically expanded version of it - is one thing. But denying him the right to a lawyer after he repeatedly requests one is another thing entirely: as fundamental a violation of crucial guaranteed rights as can be imagined. As the lawyer bmaz comprehensively details in this excellent post, it is virtually unheard of for the "public safety" exception to be used to deny someone their right to a lawyer as opposed to delaying a Miranda warning (the only cases where this has been accepted were when "the intrusion into the constitutional right to counsel ... was so fleeting – in both it was no more than a question or two about a weapon on the premises of a search while the search warrant was actively being executed"). To ignore the repeated requests of someone in police custody for a lawyer, for hours and hours, is just inexcusable and legally baseless.

As law school dean Erwin Chemerinsky explained in the Los Angeles Times last week, the Obama DOJ was already abusing the "public safety" exception by using it to delay Miranda warnings for hours, long after virtually every public official expressly said that there were no more threats to the public safety. As he put it: "this exception does not apply here because there was no emergency threat facing law enforcement." Indeed, as I documented when this issue first arose, the Obama DOJ already unilaterally expanded this exception far beyond what the Supreme Court previously recognized by simply decreeing (in secret) that terrorism cases justify much greater delays in Mirandizing a suspect for reasons well beyond asking about public safety.
Report: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's repeated requests for a lawyer were ignored | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
And they will continue to blow us up. We are already breaking international laws that are pissing millions of people off. Why add to that? For vengeance? Ok. If you are cool with more terrorism in our country, then go ahead.

The same motive for anti-US 'terrorism' is cited over and over | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Besides that, refusal of a lawyer is almost definitely illegal.

Report: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's repeated requests for a lawyer were ignored | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Oh stop shivering in your boots. Who cares if we are pissing them off, they **** us off. It's a two way street. Just let them chop each other to bits, they love doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies