Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I know of public school teachers who were "promoted out" of the classroom.

The parents put up such a fuss about them the got "promoted" to the admin office of the Board of Education just to get them out of the classroom. THEY SHOULD HAVE NEED FIRED BUT, WE ALL KNOW THAT SELDOM EVER HAPPENS.

And how do we fire the homeschooling mothers passing themselves off as teachers, training their kids to believe their religious propaganda, and not giving their kids freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 11:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And our public schools have such a fine record.
Yes - they do:
Quote:
Harold Hodgkinson, director of the Center for Demographic Policy, offers these observations:

Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This would be nothing more than sinister indoctrination.
Americans Warned: Home Schoolers Stripped of Rights

Actually, this is what the real issue is about:

Quote:
The Justice Department argued in the Romeike case that home schooling is not a fundamental human right.
The Romeikes are seeking political asylum in the US due to their home schooling issue. This is not a legitimate human rights violation issue.

As far as that article you linked, having family in Germany I can tell it your article is jam-packed with BS such as this:

Quote:
“There were stories where [school children] were encouraged to ask the devil for help instead of God and actually the devil would help (in the story),” Uwe said.
Quote:
witchcraft and graphic sex education that are taught in German schools.
Americans Warned: Home Schoolers Stripped of Rights | Spread Liberty News

Old 05-05-2013, 12:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And how do we fire the homeschooling mothers passing themselves off as teachers, training their kids to believe their religious propaganda, and not giving their kids freedom?
Only religious people homeschool....... this is new to me!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:11 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Yes, but the administrators don't really care about that laying off teachers. Are teacher's unions opposed to homeschooling? I haven't heard that they are.

And if you think about it, a typical school system isn't going to benefit by gaining the small minority of people who homeschool. The students would be dispersed between K-12. There wouldn't be enough in a single grade level to justify hiring another teacher.

The problem is that many people are having less kids or communities are overrun with older people who don't have school aged kids.
"Are teacher's unions opposed to homeschooling? I haven't heard that they are."

I am constantly confused why people make statements of opinion WITHOUT doing ANY research.

Many act that just because they haven't heard of it, it doesn't exist.

Just 1 story easily found.

"Teachers Union Attacks Homeschoolers"

"MEDIA ADVISORY, May 30 /Standard Newswire/ -- The closely-watched Rachel L. homeschooling case in Los Angeles is entering the final phase of briefing at the appellate level before oral arguments are scheduled."

"Numerous friend-of-the-court or amicus briefs have been filed with the state Court of Appeal in the last two weeks. While most of the briefs favor homeschooling, those filed by the educational establishment take some hostile - and head-scratching - positions. For instance, the California Teachers Association claims in its brief that allowing parents to homeschool their children without requiring a teaching credential will result in "educational anarchy."

"Home schooling is one of the fastest growing triumphs in family rights in the country. Naturally, teachers unions have been fiercely opposed to permitting parents to teach their own children to read and write. Annette Cootes of the Texas State Teachers Association declared that "home schooling is a form of child abuse." The NEA annually passes resolutions calling for a near-total ban on home schooling."
Teachers Unions: Are the Schools Run for Them? | Heartland Institute

Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama and Holder have no character. what they say is off the wall. And the surely don't practice what they preach.. hypocrites to the ninth degree.
So which Article of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights does this situation violate to grant this family asylum in the US?

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I know plenty of homeschoolers personally. Why the hell would I take any interest in this, if not for my seeing it up close and personal, and realizing what a piece of abusive crap homeschooling is?

I also know that homeschooling parents are sensitive about the criticism. If they're sensitive, that's not my problem.
It seems you are the one INSENSITIVE.

"I know plenty" And I know plenty of kids that went to public school that are a whole lot worse then those that were home schooled.

You shouldn't paint with such a broad brush.

And I thought ALL liberals were for choice!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So many spelling errors? Would you care to point them out?
Sure, select "edit" from your post. The system will do it for you. I would think someone with your eduction, especially in English, would proof read their work before submitting. Especially when the system does it for you AS you type.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
You prove YOU aren't qualified to teach. A teacher should NOT care what, if any, religeon a student is. It is NONE of your business.

But, of course because you DON'T believe in religion, you want to slur anyone who does.

Who do YOU think YOU are to tell a parent they CAN'T teach about religion?

I'd bet you are OK with SEX EDUCATION in kindergarten.

Your "Propaganda" is a major cause of our moral decline.

"giving their kids freedom" Please explain the "freedoms" YOU think kids get in public school beside free condoms, unlimited free sex with NO responsibilities, we shouldn't have grades, it makes those who don't get high grades feel insecure, never getting held back, everybody gets a trophy, etc. I'll 'be waiting with baited breathe for your list.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You prove YOU aren't qualified to teach. A teacher should NOT care what, if any, religeon a student is. It is NONE of your business.

But, of course because you DON'T believe in religion, you want to slur anyone who does.

Who do YOU think YOU are to tell a parent they CAN'T teach about religion?

I'd bet you are OK with SEX EDUCATION in kindergarten.

Your "Propaganda" is a major cause of our moral decline.

"giving their kids freedom" Please explain the "freedoms" YOU think kids get in public school beside free condoms, unlimited free sex with NO responsibilities, we shouldn't have grades, it makes those who don't get high grades feel insecure, never getting held back, everybody gets a trophy, etc. I'll 'be waiting with baited breathe for your list.
I do think when it's all said and done the poster hates Chrisitians.....she does seem to think homeschooling is a religious concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies