Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Guaranteed admission to a UC isn't what people think. I doubt you Harrier, I seriously do. I and I know you wouldn't have lasted a semester if you did.
Only Berkeley and Merced operate on the semester system.

Why anyone would want to attend a university in Northern California is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
My post didn't reference God. It mentioned the use of public funds to teach middle school kids about oral sex.

Private schools are free to teach their kids whatever they want - even if we think it is wrong.
Yep, and I said at least oral sex is real, inferring that an invisible man in the clouds that can read your mind is not.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I didnt say you were retarded, I said youre willfully ignorant, which you are.

Any person with the mental capacity to reach a web page should know by now, the year 2013, that the dinosaurs and humans did not exist simultaneously.
Ah, but they did.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Only Berkeley and Merced operate on the semester system.

Why anyone would want to attend a university in Northern California is beyond me.
Well you didn't apply, you wouldn't waste money on a liberal education system. Why lie?

All of us in CA with college aged kids, and who attended college here ourselves, are familiar with the UC transfer programs. Quarter, semester, whatever. They are not right for everyone, not even the best at all things, but they are good. Not for you...too liberal...so why pretend you were all set to go but turned them down? You mean you didn't pursue that particular path. Many don't, not because they are "too liberal" but because they have other ideas.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

Nice cat.

Can I marry it?

Marriage equality - right?

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
Quote:
Ah, but they did.
Proof?

Surely theres one scientist out there who isnt part of the secular conspiratorial agenda like the millions of others...

1,165 posts, read 1,515,000 times
Quote:
I already said that I turned UC down because it was too liberal.
12 grade level since elementary school? Did you regress or something? You do realise "get into" means "accepted". I didn't say, "What University of California campus do you GO TO?". University of California is not a singular school; there are a lot of campuses e.g. Berkeley, Irvine, UCLA, Santa Cruz, San Diego, etc.

Let's try this again...

Which University of California campus did you get into again?

The U of Cs are public schools anyway where a LOT of people get in. Some of them may be prestigious, but they accept a lot of people. I wouldn't exactly be using that as some evidence that you're educated. You're not the only person who can play that game I turned down all the U of Cs, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Michigan, and 100 other universities. I guess that somehow makes my opinions relevant.

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
[quote=T-Rob123;29407256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
OR structured home schooling.

I never said our public education system is by any means quality, but at least theyre teaching facts.

Ive had college courses with biology majors who refuse to accept evolution, its an embarassment.[/quote]

Why an embarassment?
I don't disbelieve in evolution, but let's face it most scientists look for proof. There is no proof of evolution, at least not to the extent of "man came from monkey" evolution. hundreds (of thousands, probably) of archeoligist digs go on every single year looking for the ever elusive "missing link" yet even though evolution would dictate that there were thousands of generations over the course of millions of years of transition between different animals into human form, they can't find one piece of evidence?

Again, I don't discredit the theory, but it's still a theory and to accept it is hardly an embarassment.

For people who demand proof, the quasi scientists of CD seem to have lots of faith when they need it.

According to these folks, all that presently exists came from nothing and the reason why it emerged from nothing is just because.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well you didn't apply, you wouldn't waste money on a liberal education system. Why lie?
I didn't lie.

I specificaly said above that I did not apply to the 3 UC's who would have accepted me because I didn't want to be in a liberal educational environment.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Nice cat.

Can I marry it?

Marriage equality - right?
Of course you can! You just have to get his/her consent. That cat is a bit fluffy anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies