Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 PM

58 posts, read 47,242 times

Advertisements

God bless you Ayannaaaliyah.

Excellent post. [Mod cut]

Most Americans are plain & simple MORE ignorant than Bush. On the bright side, THAT'S quite an achievement by itself!

Last edited by ontheroad; 10-31-2007 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: deleted portion of ToS violation text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
It's not a matter of who is dumber than Bush, et al. Though many really are...way, way dumber... I've never really thought Bush dumb - quite the contrary...actually...he knows what he is doing... and it's still par for the course for him and the people steering the ship.

It's truly a matter of who can get through their false paradigm to fully understand the whole of this country's leadership has been completely hijacked by crooked gangster businessmen...and women...

Save a few.

RP is one. DK - is another.

[Speaking of that false paradigm - and for those who do not understand the meaning of the word: par·a·digm : A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.]

Many Americans - are still caught up in this post WWII thought process that everything this country does in it's political stances are for the betterment of humanity... and with the heavy dose of patriotism and fear, fear, fear - sprinkled on... it's hard to get away from - this mindset. And it's still working wonderfully. Just look at what has transpired in this country. Never has there been so much wrong - yet still so little action to remedy it all. Don't expect that to change. Shillary Clinton will "win" the next election. And it will be business as usual... smoke and mirrors style.

So... to Dorothy and all her friends out there - we ain't in Kansas anymore... and this ain't your grandaddy's America, either. We are in trouble, big time.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
But how do we tell Dorothy in a way she'll understand that Oz is make-believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post

So... to Dorothy and all her friends out there - we ain't in Kansas anymore... and this ain't your grandaddy's America, either. We are in trouble, big time.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:04 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
But how do we tell Dorothy in a way she'll understand that Oz is make-believe?
Unless it's plastered across the television on a nightly basis (which won't happen)... the poor gal is destined to be caught in a false sense of reality forever... unless ... Toto... or maybe Geraldo Rivera...(ideally both) can save her.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 PM

I'll put my money on Toto; he is very compelling.

And those data are telling....something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Unless it's plastered across the television on a nightly basis (which won't happen)... the poor gal is destined to be caught in a false sense of reality forever... unless ... Toto... or maybe Geraldo Rivera...(ideally both) can save her.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,519 times
It isn't that most people are dumb, it is that they don't care. Honestly, if it weren't for places like this, I wouldn't give a rats ass either. I got my own set of issues and real world problems to deal with.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Berkshires...Excellent post, I completely agree....

Old 10-31-2007, 08:25 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Ah, yes. The LA Times and the NY Times ~ the two most liberal papers in the world! Of course they and their readers have no bias against President Bush......right, and I'm the Queen of Sheeba....

Old 10-31-2007, 08:30 PM

However, it was the readers of these two liberal newspapers, I believe, that answered the questions, and it wasn't about Bush, but about perceptions.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Not about Bush? Are you kidding? Shall I count the number of times "Bush" is written?? It's ALL about Bush and how people feel about him ~ their perception of BUSH and how they are just too dumb to see what he's doing! As I stated, two liberal papers....the outcome of the poll....predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies