Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Isn't it funny how people on welfare defend Obama constantly. Tells you something about the president. What exactly do you think he is going to do for you anyway. Almost 5 years in and from all the bitching and moaning it doesn't sound like it got better for you.

Oh yea and all you are doing is trying to justify having to accept other peoples money. Even changing the words to take out the stigma. lol, it is what it is. I never would have thought I would see the day whee people were proud of living on welfare.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
OMG. Grow up and stop assuming I don't already support myself. People who are not sociopaths are fine paying taxes so people have food, shelter, and healthcare.

You seem to be really pissed because you are apparently working really hard (while being online all day everyday) and have not gotten RICH yet. Most people are content working hard to make ends meet and live a modest life style. So who is greedy here?
Then you won't have an issue with a flat tax where EVERYONE pays taxes right?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
So many of the folks I know who have their daughters and grandkids on welfare actually vote Republican. Go figure.

BTW, I hate/despise both parties.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then you won't have an issue with a flat tax where EVERYONE pays taxes right?
No. Poor people already pay plenty of their income in taxes. They pay income taxes and property taxes that eat up a huge percentage of their income. You are already in the 1% (if you are being honest about getting taxed more since the recent tax legislation passed) and are complaining like you are being persecuted. Even with a higher tax rate (which is only higher on that top percentage of your income, not all of it!) you have far more disposable income than the vast majority of Americans. You are not suffering.

I already said I am fine with small business owners not getting taxed on the income they choose to reinvest in their business.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
No. Poor people already pay plenty of their income in taxes. They pay income taxes and property taxes that eat up a huge percentage of their income. You are already in the 1% (if you are being honest about getting taxed more since the recent tax legislation passed) and are complaining like you are being persecuted. Even with a higher tax rate (which is only higher on that top percentage of your income, not all of it!) you have far more disposable income than the vast majority of Americans. You are not suffering.

I already said I am fine with small business owners not getting taxed on the income they choose to reinvest in their business.
You don't have a clue do you?

So you are not ok with a flat tax?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Even Thomas Jefferson advocated taxing only the rich to provide basic services to everyone. He thought discouraging people from amassing wealth was good for democracy. I guess he didn't have a clue at all, right?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I am an andvocate of helping the underprivileged and the poor. No country in our time can ignore that and the US who helps others must first take care of its poor.

That said, currently there are 47M people on food stamps. If this number continues to grow we can reach the non return point. The burden may be such, that no country can carry (even if raising taxes on the rich). When we hit this point, guess who suffers first...Hint- these will not be the rich. I can promise you that.
Therefore, the effort must go to job creation, employing more people, in any way, at any cost.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I am an andvocate of helping the underprivileged and the poor. No country in our time can ignore that and the US who helps others must first take care of its poor.

That said, currently there are 47M people on food stamps. If this number continues to grow we can reach the non return point. The burden may be such, that no country can carry (even if raising taxes on the rich). When we hit this point, guess who suffers first...Hint- these will not be the rich. I can promise you that.
Therefore, the effort must go to job creation, employing more people, in any way, at any cost.
Agreed!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Even Thomas Jefferson advocated taxing only the rich to provide basic services to everyone. He thought discouraging people from amassing wealth was good for democracy. I guess he didn't have a clue at all, right?
lol, look at the libby trying justify herself and welfare. Can't make it on their own so they got one hand in other peoples pockets then want to dictate how they spend the rest.

Keep trying to justify it. No matter what you say, people on welfare still need others to pay their bills.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
there are 47M people on food stamps. If this number continues to grow we can reach the non return point. The burden may be such, that no country can carry (even if raising taxes on the rich). When we hit this point, guess who suffers first...Hint- these will not be the rich. I can promise you that.
This is true but the problem is that the people who will suffer the most have to see it actually happen before they believe it. Until then they think the money supply is never ending. So they continue to push for more and when the job creators say that it's too much they will not believe you. Obviously it has to crash before they will believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies