Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times

Advertisements

Obama Blames U.S. For Gun Violence In Mexico | RealClearPolitics

If you look on any gun related article be in on Yahoo, CNN or whatever web news organization when a politician makes a statement like this, or when a anti-gun article is posted the comments by readers far often dismiss and counteract against them.

Once again people will say that this comment by the president is wrong and off the mark and I believe the open internet is a large part of what stops the anti-gunners from getting away with their propaganda.

The way I see it, if you look at photos of guns confiscated from cartels, is a majority of them are from black markets that originated from government sales be it from the U.S.A, Russia or China. I see photos of RPG and grenades from drug cartels, they sure aren't getting THOSE from a American civilian gun store or gun show.

America and Russia supplied countries in latin America and Africa during the cold war and I think a lot of those weapons made it to the black market and then into drug cartel hands. A real AK-47 can be bought for $20 to $50 dollars in some parts of south America or Africa why would a cartel buy one from a American gunshow that is traceable and just semi-auto for $600? Same with a AR-15 vs a M16.

Every time a Mexican soldier defects to a cartel if he takes his M16 with him that rifle originated from a U.S government sale it didn't come from a civilian gun show,

Governments especially the U.S , Russian and Chinese are the biggest cartels and gun runners of them all. And then there is the failed U.S war on drugs that creates the market for drugs and violence to begin with.

The politicians need to be confronted on this when they try to shift blame on civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Obama is a moron. I guess Fast & Furious happened so long ago he forgot about it.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Obama isn't a real president and for the Mexicans, who cares...... They should be sent back across the border or killed.

The admin we have is useless a fact we will have to deal with for the next 3.5 years and then for a long time after the poser is out.

But having him (Obama) where he is is better than any of the next in line.......

The USA needs a real world class leader and there hasn't been one since Reagan, and before him Ike.

Suddenly the Russians are looking much better.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Of course we're to blame. Makes it that much easier to tax the snot out of us and our gun/ammo makers, and those of us who buy these products. Heck, they may even find a way to tax us for merely owning a weapon. Divide and conquer. All of this gun bashing from our communist in chief is just driving up the demand for weapons and ammo. Gun makers can't make them fast enough, and job shops are having a difficult time supplying enough parts to keep up. As a machinist, I couldn't be more thrilled. All this OT means even more money to purchase some additions to the arsenal. Keep it up obummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Obama isn't a real president and for the Mexicans, who cares...... They should be sent back across the border or killed.
I am deeply disturbed by this statement. And this is coming from someone who despises the flow of illegal immigrants....

Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
I would love to see someone question back to the president or anybody who perpetuates this propaganda as to how and why are these gangs and cartels having and using weapons that clearly originated from government sanctioned sales.

Of the amount of AK-47's or M16's confiscated from cartels if they are traceable which they probably are not, it is pretty evident that the majority would be found to have originated from a government sale or military exchange and that these weapons were never sold through a civilian source. And there is the question of these rocket launchers, because there is NO WAY NO HOW they came from a civilian gun show *loop* or a civilian sale without a background check.

Yet these people have the balls to blame you and I for what is really their fault.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
*you and me

Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
And then tell us where in the US one can buy rocket launchers, grenades and a submarine.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Obama isn't a real president and for the Mexicans, who cares...... They should be sent back across the border or killed...
...I am deeply disturbed by this statement. And this is coming from someone who despises the flow of illegal immigrants....
But hey, he got $500 for being an "Informative Poster", the same as you...

Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama is a moron. I guess Fast & Furious happened so long ago he forgot about it.
you said it Obama and his propagandist Carney even think what happened in Libya 8 months ago is old history....remember they were going to get to the bottom of it too...right....

Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Carney's comment & Obama's speech were both despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies