Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 12,633 times

Advertisements

"""Ryan Gino Mullen(Deceased September 3, 2005)

Date(s) of Birth Used: August 27, 1974
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Place of Birth: Bronx, New York
Height: 6'2 1/2"
Weight: 190 pounds
Build: Lean
Sex: Male
Race: White

Ryan Gino Mullen was wanted for the December 04, 1997 armed robbery of a midtown Manhattan Chase Bank, the robbery resulted in the deaths of two including a US diplomat and over ten injures with two seriously injured. Mullen is described as standing over 6 feet 2 inches with a lean build, slicked back brown hair and blue eyes, during the crime Mullen was wearing a panda bear mask with hooded sweatshirt during the robbery, witnesses say Mullen enjoyed instilling fear in victims before shooting them, Mullen was also a prime suspect in the murder of his girlfriend two days earlier. Mullen is of Irish and Sicilian descent and was raised in a middle class section of the North West Bronx.

Ryan Mullen was seriously injured during a shootout with police officers in Queens, New York on March 1, 1998, he was placed in and out of medically induced comas from March 06, 1998 until his death on September 3, 2005 and was located in the long term prison ward in Bellevue Trauma Hospital in lower Manhattan."""

He was kept alive for YEARS(to put it in perspective his braindead body lived through the y2k/new millennium,9/11/01, the nyc blackout, hurricane katrina and several presidential elections), do you realize how expensive that is for a murderer? Doesn't surprise me with NYC, they still have braindead criminals life support today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM

126 posts, read 152,382 times
I remember the story just fine. I'm no Liberal but you can't just kill people, do you understand what that would lead to? As much as we know he did it, as he admitted to it, he was unable to be tried in the court of law and thus is treated like everybody else and has rights, that would have been murder by the state. I speak for most people when I say he deserved death, he was just as evil as 9/11 hijackers and every other murderer, his family knew their kid was an evil drug addict who was locked up for beating his girlfriend several times, teachers said he had a sociopathic personality and enjoyed causing pain in others, the problem back then is as prevalent as today, certain personality types commit these heinous acts, and if they can't get help they should be institutionalized.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 AM

11 posts, read 12,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanBklyn View Post
I remember the story just fine. I'm no Liberal but you can't just kill people, do you understand what that would lead to? As much as we know he did it, as he admitted to it, he was unable to be tried in the court of law and thus is treated like everybody else and has rights, that would have been murder by the state. I speak for most people when I say he deserved death, he was just as evil as 9/11 hijackers and every other murderer, his family knew their kid was an evil drug addict who was locked up for beating his girlfriend several times, teachers said he had a sociopathic personality and enjoyed causing pain in others, the problem back then is as prevalent as today, certain personality types commit these heinous acts, and if they can't get help they should be institutionalized.
Maybe the cops should have just finished him off and saved the tax payers a couple of bucks.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenLibChik View Post
"""Ryan Gino Mullen(Deceased September 3, 2005)

Date(s) of Birth Used: August 27, 1974
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Place of Birth: Bronx, New York
Height: 6'2 1/2"
Weight: 190 pounds
Build: Lean
Sex: Male
Race: White

Ryan Gino Mullen was wanted for the December 04, 1997 armed robbery of a midtown Manhattan Chase Bank, the robbery resulted in the deaths of two including a US diplomat and over ten injures with two seriously injured. Mullen is described as standing over 6 feet 2 inches with a lean build, slicked back brown hair and blue eyes, during the crime Mullen was wearing a panda bear mask with hooded sweatshirt during the robbery, witnesses say Mullen enjoyed instilling fear in victims before shooting them, Mullen was also a prime suspect in the murder of his girlfriend two days earlier. Mullen is of Irish and Sicilian descent and was raised in a middle class section of the North West Bronx.

Ryan Mullen was seriously injured during a shootout with police officers in Queens, New York on March 1, 1998, he was placed in and out of medically induced comas from March 06, 1998 until his death on September 3, 2005 and was located in the long term prison ward in Bellevue Trauma Hospital in lower Manhattan."""

He was kept alive for YEARS(to put it in perspective his braindead body lived through the y2k/new millennium,9/11/01, the nyc blackout, hurricane katrina and several presidential elections), do you realize how expensive that is for a murderer? Doesn't surprise me with NYC, they still have braindead criminals life support today.
did they try and convict him while in coma?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:30 AM

56 posts, read 92,348 times
NYC was a very different city just ten years ago. A lot has changed within the city and very fast.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM

126 posts, read 152,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeekerBot View Post
NYC was a very different city just ten years ago. A lot has changed within the city and very fast.
Even the last five.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanBklyn View Post
well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenLibChik View Post
Maybe the cops should have just finished him off and saved the tax payers a couple of bucks.
you dont just go around killing criminals because you can. whether a cop or a civilian, when you shoot someone, you do so to stop their attack. once the attack stops any shooting you do after is now a criminal offense as bad or worse than what the criminal had originally intended.

you may not like it, but people for the most part can be rehabilitated if they want to be. who know that criminal could have changed his life in prison, and gone on to do great things after he got out. it has happened in the past, and will happen in the future. understand that while life exists the possibilities are endless.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The medical doctor take a oath and they are in charge of the injuries;so that is what you can expect with a injuried prisoner in custody. Its alos why at times jial; do not want minor offeders in their jail if they have injuries needig attention ;they wait.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
No, I don't think it's an example of what you claim in the title.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM

56 posts, read 92,348 times
He's been dead for almost ten years now, isn't that good enough for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies