Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Their debt will be restructured and dealt with according to "good" conservative principles. You know, the time honored method of ignoring debt and obligations so that more can be built. After all, what did all those employees ever do for the City? I think it's more popular name is, "Donald Trump Financial Planning".
Good luck to Detroit on securing more muni bonds after that "restructuring".

Detroit is not allowed to run deficits like our white-black leader in DC can.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Hardly. Just take a look at the poorest, least educated, most people on welfare, and otherwise biggest dumps in the nation, they are all the screaming red south.

The GOP strongholds are the toilets of america.

Is that why the population continues to grow in the southern states, while state populations in the north, and midwest continue to remain stagnant? Yep, those so called red states really suck!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Is that why the population continues to grow in the southern states, while state populations in the north, and midwest continue to remain stagnant? Yep, those so called red states really suck!
For many, it boils down to one word: CLIMATE!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Funny that blue state apologists hate on North Dakota's ultra-law UE rate because it's cold, yet Vermont and upstate NY are nearly as frigid.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah... just like Texas, Georgia, Okla and others that have the booming economy and growth. Not like those Blue states of the north who is losing jobs and look like war zones.

Lets see would I rather be in Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte or Detroit, Baltimore, Flint, maybe Oakland or Cleveland ????

Hummm............, tough call.

Me being from northeast Ohio, other than Cleveland I'd pick Dallas or Charlotte. Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, Oakland, or Flint? Nope. Actually job growth is up in Ohio.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
For many, it boils down to one word: CLIMATE!
North Dakota has excellent climate?

Incidentally, most of the yanks who move here to NC hate the bugs and stagnant air during the summer. They only came here because of the lower cost of living, though I enjoy hearing them b**ch about how there's essentially no slow plows during the winter. Fortunately, the yanks who couldn't secure work will exhaust their savings quicker now that we shortened UE benefits, and consequently high tail it back up I-95. Win-win.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:41 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Tax revenue from the auto business, tax revenue from the boom that was Mo-Town.

Where did it go?
are you serious?

LOL

It's safe in a lock box.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Funny that blue state apologists hate on North Dakota's ultra-law UE rate because it's cold, yet Vermont and upstate NY are nearly as frigid.

To be fair, I wouldn't live in any of those locations either. I used to say if I had to leave northeast Ohio and relocate to another cold weather city, I'd pick Chicago, or New York. Now...no way in Hell!!!! So if I'm staying in a cold weather place, I'll stay where I'm at. Burdell alluded to climate as a big reason why people move south. Yes that does factor in, and believe me I've lived in the Cleveland area my whole life and I hate the damn cold! In fact I'm loving this 90 degree weather right now, as it beats the alternative. Still, if weather were the determining factor as to where I ended up, I would have moved to Florida years ago when I was young. But, it's not. And...well.... home is home. Plus summers are beautiful here.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
North Dakota has excellent climate?
I said for many, not all But from what I read of ND, sure you'll get a job but where will you live?

Quote:
Incidentally, most of the yanks who move here to NC hate the bugs and stagnant air during the summer. They only came here because of the lower cost of living, though I enjoy hearing them b**ch about how there's essentially no slow plows during the winter. Fortunately, the yanks who couldn't secure work will exhaust their savings quicker now that we shortened UE benefits, and consequently high tail it back up I-95. Win-win.
Uh, NY summers are often just as hot/humid as NC, just need to dump a Gov who gets his cabinet raises while telling everyone else they need to tighten their belts, typical RW "do as I say, not as I do"

Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Who is "we"? If the residents and taxpayers to these cities want to devise and implement a plan to get themselves out of trouble, they should have at it. If by "we" you mean every taxpayer in the US, then no thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies