Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,430,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And yet I think the world is much less safe now than it was then. The Russians and Americans had enough nuclear power to destroy the Earth, tenfold, but that strength and the general rationality of the actors prevented it. Now we have what is basically a nuclear arms race in the third world, and I don't think those actors are always rational. Imagine nukes in the hands of the Taliban. Pakistan has them, and it's highly unstable with a lot of Taliban there. Iran would probably just use it to put the fear of God in their neighbors, but North Korea seems to be run by a crazy man now. It's much scarier now.
Very true, it is a very different time with a very different enemy and to say Osama Bin Laden is dead and we live in a safer world is ridiculous. They think very different than we do but Obama wanted us to think that he practically did away with terrorism. If we reduce our guard it will be open season on the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 08:36 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Does anyone remember just who is in charge and responsible for the executive branch? It sure doesn't look like Obama is. Between the lack of willingness to accept responsiblity, and the claims of ignorance of what happened during these events, I have to wonder who is running the show? He claims to know nothing of the IRS attacking conservative groups and claims they are an indepentant organization. Yet, they are a department of the Treasury, a direct report to the chief exectutive. With the spying and intimidation of the AP, he claims to learn of it on CNN...yet the Department of Justice is part of the executive branch. He claims ignorance about Benghazi, when the State Department is a part of the executive branch. I have to wonder...is the man just a bald-faced liar, or just that incompetant as a manager? Does he have any idea of what is happening in his areas of responsibiliy under his watch????

6,369 posts, read 6,420,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
A. the AP situation was all about the AP leaking information about a spy program B. Benghazi is the conservatives tactic to try to discredit the president. Won't work, nice try C. the IRS specifically targeted MANY groups looking for non profit status, NOT just tea party groups, however those are the groups the conservatives will ONLY talk about. Looking for non profit status? Hell yeah they're going to be scrutinized more closely. How many groups or people could pop up lying saying that they're some non profit organization? People lie all the time. Anyway, all of this is nothing to get hysterical about but the conservatives are profoundly adept at becoming hysterical with their poutrage.
Wow, you are REALLY a talent. The Nixon White House sure could have used you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You are kidding right? That proves the point that "disagree with the Obama and his agenda and you become a target".

They already control the media and Obama telling us to "reject those voices". Now the AP scandal, Think that through Northnut or are you ignorant to historical events.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Does anyone remember just who is in charge and responsible for the executive branch? It sure doesn't look like Obama is.

Between the lack of willingness to accept responsiblity, and the claims of ignorance of what happened during these events, I have to wonder who is running the show? He claims to know nothing of the IRS attacking conservative groups and claims they are an indepentant organization. Yet, they are a department of the Treasury, a direct report to the chief exectutive.

With the spying and intimidation of the AP, he claims to learn of it on CNN...yet the Department of Justice is part of the executive branch. He claims ignorance about Benghazi, when the State Department is a part of the executive branch. I have to wonder...is the man just a bald-faced liar, or just that incompetant as a manager?
No one knows where Obama was during Benghazi,
Does not know about the IRS targeting,
Spying on the AP but claims he does not know about it,

Just claim ignorance and the liberal media gives him a pass... it's that easy.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,665,805 times
As someone said, "Chicago politics."

When someone rules with a heavy hand rather than logic and honesty, all it takes is one person standing up to them to cause a crash. I kept waiting to see it happen and really wondered if it would.

Nobody really likes a dictator but some bow to them in order to survive. Once the weakness shows, here comes the hounds. I think Benghazi is the undoing of this administration. You would never have heard of the other things if this hadn't taken hold. Most of the other things are the smokescreens this administration is throwing out there to try and get rid of Benghazi reporting.

As I heard yesterday, is he a bad person or a bad leader? I figured that out a long time ago. Good people do not make murdering babies easy. Good people do not even think it is all right to murder babies. It all starts with the basics. If you are faithful in the little things; you will also be faithful with the big things.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,160,748 times
Absolutely. He's a lame duck and is losing grip on his Administration. Its easy to see.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wow, you are REALLY a talent. The Nixon White House sure could have used you.
Thanks!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,602,284 times
Either the low level employees in various departments are running the show (incompetently or dishonestly I might add) with no oversight or knowledge from superiors, which demonstrates their incompetence, or the superiors in many departments are lying and throwing the low-level staff under the bus. I don't know which it is or which is worse.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:53 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,182,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It's just you. Right-wing wishful thinking at its finest.

Btw, only 40% of Dems in Congress voted in favor of the miserable failure that was the Iraq War against virtually unanimous "yays" from the Republicans. Own your failure.

We WON the Iraq War. Saddam Hussein was captured, tried, and executed. Deal with it. Barack is losing the peace.

President George HW Bush pushed Saddam's army back behind its borders and President George W Bush finished him off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies