Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Does anyone remember just who is in charge and responsible for the executive branch? It sure doesn't look like Obama is. Between the lack of willingness to accept responsiblity, and the claims of ignorance of what happened during these events, I have to wonder who is running the show? He claims to know nothing of the IRS attacking conservative groups and claims they are an indepentant organization. Yet, they are a department of the Treasury, a direct report to the chief exectutive. With the spying and intimidation of the AP, he claims to learn of it on CNN...yet the Department of Justice is part of the executive branch. He claims ignorance about Benghazi, when the State Department is a part of the executive branch. I have to wonder...is the man just a bald-faced liar, or just that incompetant as a manager? Does he have any idea of what is happening in his areas of responsibiliy under his watch????
Perfect post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
Default Scandal-A-Day Barack Hussein Obama....

.....Would make Richard Milhous Nixon proud!

Quote:
Since the day he took office, the Obama administration has undertaken an assault on government whistleblowers -- people informing citizens of what their government doesn't want them to know -- that surpasses anything that Nixon or any other president has done. Since 2009, the Obama administration has brought espionage charges against six whistleblowers. And most of these whistleblowers have been criticizing that way that America conducts its neverending war of the 21st century. One, Thomas Drake, blew the whistle on the illegal warrantless wiretapping that began under George W. Bush. John Kiriakou dropped the dime on illegal U.S. torture -- and was sent away to prison, even as the perpetrators of torture from Dick Cheney to John Yoo continue to walk freely among us.

Nixon had Daniel Ellsberg, and Obama has Bradley Manning of Wikileaks. Okay, so they didn't break into the office of Manning's psychiatrist, but they have detained Manning in a solitary confinement that a UN torture expert called "cruel, inhuman and degrading." Do you feel better about that? Because I don't. The war on whistleblowers, the treatment of Manning, and now this investigation of journalists are all hallmarks of a White House that promised transparency but has been one of the most secretive -- all to the detriment of the public's right to know.
Will Bunch: The Day the Obama Administration Went All Nixon On Us

Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
Quote:
Does anyone remember just who is in charge and responsible for the executive branch? It sure doesn't look like Obama is. Between the lack of willingness to accept responsiblity, and the claims of ignorance of what happened during these events, I have to wonder who is running the show? He claims to know nothing of the IRS attacking conservative groups and claims they are an indepentant organization. Yet, they are a department of the Treasury, a direct report to the chief exectutive. With the spying and intimidation of the AP, he claims to learn of it on CNN...yet the Department of Justice is part of the executive branch. He claims ignorance about Benghazi, when the State Department is a part of the executive branch. I have to wonder...is the man just a bald-faced liar, or just that incompetant as a manager? Does he have any idea of what is happening in his areas of responsibiliy under his watch????
It's BOLD FACED Liar and yes he is... Always has been, and idiot out of control in his own image. In his mind he can't do a thing wrong... In the real world he can't do anything right, and never has.

The left is insane and in the same fashion create excuse after excuse.

I am sick of excuses, but i prefer the devil I know to Biden who is another devil I know.

At this point we are riding a one way train wreck that ends in 3rd world.. Just wait til the left get that figured out.

Fine by me I can be a War Lord.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,249,837 times
Quote:

You can say all you want and get all worked up and go on the attack like you do in the gun threads but the Reality of it is that he will be President for 3&1/2 more years!

Makes me feel better! Does it do anything for you?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You can say all you want and get all worked up and go on the attack like you do in the gun threads but the Reality of it is that he will be President for 3&1/2 more years!

Makes me feel better! Does it do anything for you?
Welcome to the next new 3rd world country. When your taxes are 85% of your income, and you haven't got a place to live, food to eat, and the welfare check don't come to you or anyone else, and 2 legged animals will hunt you on the street, what's your plan?

This is what Obama is bringing to the USA and what his plan has always been.

The buffoon before him didn't have a very good plan, and didn't fix what Bill Clinton screwed us with..

It will take a real leader to get us out of this mess and we don't have any one qualified.... Hillary is scum, Kerry is scum Biden is and i don't see anyone on the other side I would vote for either. We are a nation of dead beats...

My next vote will be for the .308 bullet.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,986,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said MUCH bigger things happened, and a lot of these things happened too, but they were shadowed by the bigger issues. These kinds of things barely made the news back then.

IRS discrimination. Nothing to do with the admin
drone attacks. You're saying this did not happen with "W". Please.....
a Congress who won't cooperate. The Dem Congress co-operated fully with "W". Plueeeeze
Benghazi. Numerous attacks on US targets all around the globe during "W" admn
Justice Department obtaining APs documents illegally. Patriot act & widespread wiretapping with "W"
Fast and Furious. This program was started during "W" admin.
IRS - Obama created an environment that allowed this to happen.
Drone attacks - took Bush and ramped it up. Proving what a bunch of hypocrites liberals are.
Congress - they're not supposed to cooperate, they're supposed to do what's best for the country. And when "cooperate" to this administration means "do what I say or I'll throw a hissy fit" I'd say they're doing a good job.
Benghazi - it's the coverup and lies. It always is.
Justice Department - When are press isn't "free", and they and their sources fear the government, you have tyranny.
Fast & Furious - shut down by Bush because he feared the guns would fall into the wrong hands.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Welcome to the next new 3rd world country. When your taxes are 85% of your income, and you haven't got a place to live, food to eat, and the welfare check don't come to you or anyone else, and 2 legged animals will hunt you on the street, what's your plan?

This is what Obama is bringing to the USA and what his plan has always been.

The buffoon before him didn't have a very good plan, and didn't fix what Bill Clinton screwed us with..

It will take a real leader to get us out of this mess and we don't have any one qualified.... Hillary is scum, Kerry is scum Biden is and i don't see anyone on the other side I would vote for either. We are a nation of dead beats...

My next vote will be for the .308 bullet.
Here are the tax rates by country. List of countries by tax rates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Study it a while. It will do you good, since you appear to be suffering from some sort of confusion about tax rates on our planet.

As for your threat that one day our taxes will be 85% (or is it your fear?), I think you need to read this article, from which I am posting an excerpt:

Quote:
The studies looked at things like differences between groups’ perception of eye movement, and aversion to threatening noises. Researchers also noted that Democrats had larger anterior cingulate cortexes, which are associated with tolerance to uncertainty, while Republicans had larger right amygdalas, which are associated with sensitivity to fear.
Conservatives and Liberals Have Different Brains, Studies Show - ABC News

Fear/terror is what right wingers deal best in. They love to feel it, they love to spread it, and they do (and say!) a lot of nefarious things because of it.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,369,464 times
you havent been paying attention.

barry has already confessed he has no clue whats going on...

Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,674,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
.....Would make Richard Milhous Nixon proud!

Will Bunch: The Day the Obama Administration Went All Nixon On Us
His entire presidency should be annulled inlcuding every person he appointed. We may never recover but at least that would be start

Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,469,598 times
How interesting to see a right-wing conservative quoting the Huffington Post in defense of Bradley Manning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies