Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM

98 posts, read 89,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Eh, the Constitution never stopped Bush, did it?
Bush didn't lie under oath.......

It's ALL a lie....everything he does.

Barack Obama Oath of Office / Sworn In - President Obama: The Inauguration - BBC News - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 12:26 AM

98 posts, read 89,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
All he has to do is eliminate all of our rights and he will then have full reign to do as he likes. He has been very successful chipping away at our rights so far:
Freedom of religion-Forcing church groups to pay for abortions
Freedom of speech, Freedom of association-the IRS has stifled these
Freedom of the Press-wiretap the press to find their sources
Add his constantly lying to the American people and you have the worst president in American history.

Even some of his sheep are getting a little annoyed.
Many of us are fully aware of it. Watch him on TV sometime. He'll say one thing...then the next week or two say something else...OR do something else. The opposite in fact.

The "toddler" "tantrum" on TV about the assult weapons ban was priceless.

Love it....freakin' loved it!!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Obama is not even closets to being 2nd worst, 3rd worst or even 5th worst.

Worst presidents in history:

Carter
Nixon
Jackson
Johnson
Ford
and
Both Bush's

And I'm not an Obama supporter. I voted for Clinton then McCain. I didn't vote in the last election.
LOL - William Henry Harrison only served about 30 days and you list those people above him?

For the record, I think that President Jackson(a Democrat) was alright.

President Carter(bless his heart) was a failure.

Which President Johnson?

President Nixon had problems but he did a lot of good things that you lefties love, like create the EPA, sign more environmental legislation than practically any other president(though George w. Bush was a strong environmental president as well), opened up China, weathered a weak economy caused by the Democrat who preceded him, and set the seeds that ended the war that his Democratic predecessor started.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:37 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1911_13 View Post
Bush didn't lie under oath.......

It's ALL a lie....everything he does.

Barack Obama Oath of Office / Sworn In - President Obama: The Inauguration - BBC News - YouTube
Try again. Lying is not unconstitutional.

I'm not trying to argue that Obama hasn't done things that are unconstitutional. He HAS. But so has nearly ever other president, especially the last one, that one who people on here who hate Obama seem to love!

George W. Bush’s Impeachable Offenses: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

If most conservatives were actually consistent with their ideas/arguments, I might actually care what they said about anything. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way about Democrats.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Try again. Lying is not unconstitutional.

I'm not trying to argue that Obama hasn't done things that are unconstitutional. He HAS. But so has nearly ever other president, especially the last one, that one who people on here who hate Obama seem to love!

George W. Bush’s Impeachable Offenses: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

If most conservatives were actually consistent with their ideas/arguments, I might actually care what they said about anything. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way about Democrats.
Consider the source. The article cannot even get Iran-Contra right. Reagan was completely exonerated of any wrong-doing by IC Walsh, as everyone knew he would be. Furthermore, the article does not list a single specific charge for which Bush (43) could be impeached. Everything the article cites came with the approval of Congress. The author of the article obviously knows nothing about the US Constitution, that much is very apparent.

I have no love for Bush (43). I never vote for liberal freaks, and Bush (43) was definitely a RINO. However, there is nothing he did that would warrant "high crimes or misdemeanors." Unlike Obama, who started a war with Libya without the required advance approval from Congress in violation of Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

Lying under oath is an impeachable offense. It is called "perjury" and people can be sentenced up to 15 years in prison for that felony if convicted.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

I have no love for Bush (43). I never vote for liberal freaks, and Bush (43) was definitely a RINO. However, there is nothing he did that would warrant "high crimes or misdemeanors." Unlike Obama, who started a war with Libya without the required advance approval from Congress in violation of Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

Lying under oath is an impeachable offense. It is called "perjury" and people can be sentenced up to 15 years in prison for that felony if convicted.
Did you forget the War in Iraq that was never approved by congress either?

Perjury is not mentioned in the Constitution.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
CNN.com - Senate approves Iraq war resolution - Oct. 11, 2002

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.J.RES.114:

A large number of those votes were from Democrats.

You really need to stop repeating lies that you hear on MSNBC.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
"What Constitution?"
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."
Constitutional U.S.A. (1787 - 1933) R.I.P.

Eighty years and counting...

Old 05-14-2013, 02:45 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:

Perjury is not mentioned in the Constitution.
A GOP controlled House and a Democrat controlled Senate gave their approval to use military force against Iraq in Public Law No: 107-243 which became law on 10/16/2002.

Actually, it is mentioned in the US Constitution:
"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." -- Article II, Section 4, Clause 1 of the US Constitution.
Perjury is a felony, therefore it falls under "high Crimes."

Old 05-14-2013, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
CNN.com - Senate approves Iraq war resolution - Oct. 11, 2002

Bill Text - 107th Congress (2001-2002) - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

A large number of those votes were from Democrats.

You really need to stop repeating lies that you hear on MSNBC.
Hmmm...let's read that authorization, shall we?

Quote:
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This joint resolution may be cited as the ``Authorization for Use of
Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002''.
[[Page 116 STAT. 1501]]
SEC. 2. SUPPORT FOR UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS.
The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the
President to--
(1) strictly enforce through the United Nations Security
Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq
and encourages him in those efforts; and
(2) obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security
Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay,
evasion and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies
with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.
When the UNSC failed to authorize force, which is what happened, the conditional authorization was no longer relevant. That condition was NOT met.

Not Constitutional.

PS I don't watch MSNBC, yo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies