Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You really are dense, aren't you?

OF COURSE that is is the future of ObamaCare, you goof. That's why ObamaCare is one of the worst things passed by the federal government...EVER. It's a tax on those who can least afford it and a welfare handout to rich corporations.
The goof would be the one who doesnt recognize when others OPPOSE Obamacare

Hell, I hired lawyers to fight it, and now doing it again under the grounds that new taxes must be passed in the House and not the Senate.

You're barking up the wrong tree with me..
Quote:
My whole point was that anyone who supported and voted for Romney is a complete idiot, because RomneyCare was the predecessor to ObamaCare--AND SOMEHOW YOU PEOPLE THOUGHT IT MADE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF HE WAS ELECTED.

Remember "repeal and replace?" Why not just "REPEAL?"
Because the system is broken..

Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This is a serious question. We have seen throughout Barack Obama's entire presidency that they are more interested in obstructing the president's agenda and going on over each controversy (birtherism, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the latest DOJ and IRS news) rather than coming up with any real proposals. They recently voted for the 30-something time to repeal the ACA.

Do Republicans really have anything positive or decent to contribute to our nation at this point? I mean, at some point, all of the endless vitriol and hate gets a bit old, even for the most die hard conservatives, one would think.
Your second sentence outs your first as an obvious lie.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The goof would be the one who doesnt recognize when others OPPOSE Obamacare

Hell, I hired lawyers to fight it, and now doing it again under the grounds that new taxes must be passed in the House and not the Senate.

You're barking up the wrong tree with me...
So...if you oppose ObamaCare, did you support and give your vote to the person who signed its predecessor into law while governor of Taxachusetts? Or did you cave in and vote for the guy with the "R" next to his name just because?

Do you remember Romney's slogan "repeal and replace?" Replace with what? Why not just repeal?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
So...if you oppose ObamaCare, did you support and give your vote to the person who signed its predecessor into law while governor of Taxachusetts? Or did you cave in and vote for the guy with the "R" next to his name just because?
Considering I didnt vote for Obama, you can guess who I voted for. Does it matter? Romneycare is a STATE program, Obamacare was federal. If you dont comprehend the difference then I suggest you start there, and when your there learning, then educate yourself also on the laws and how states are within their legal grounds to do so.
Quote:
Do you remember Romney's slogan "repeal and replace?" Replace with what? Why not just repeal?
Oh you're going to fit in here just fine with other people who cant read.

Once again, BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Considering I didnt vote for Obama, you can guess who I voted for. Does it matter? Romneycare is a STATE program, Obamacare was federal. If you dont comprehend the difference then I suggest you start there, and when your there learning, then educate yourself also on the laws and how states are within their legal grounds to do so.

Oh you're going to fit in here just fine with other people who cant read.

Once again, BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.
There were at least 3 other candidates on the ballot besides the Obama/Romney twins. In some states you could even write-in your candidate. I, having principles (unlike you), wrote in Ron Paul, with Gary Johnson as his VP.

So you vote for someone who has no principles and has no intention of getting rid of ObamaCare. Yes, I realize RomneyCare was a state program. Yes, I realize under the 10th Amendment they have the right to set up their own fascist healthcare system. Yes, I realize that RomneyCare doesn't affect people who don't live in MA.

But the fact of the matter remains that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between Romney and Obama on 99.9% of the issues, and for Republican voters to support (another) Obama-lite was not only disingenuous but completely hypocritical.

And I can read just fine, thanks. I read well enough to see that there are more than 1.5 choices on the ballot marked "President."

Old 05-15-2013, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Do Republicans have anything positive to contribute to the USA in 2013?

Tax breaks for millionaires.

Outsourcing for the rest of us.

They don't want immigration reform. Their corporate masters love having millions of sub-minimum wage workers here to keep our wages and benefits lower.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
There were at least 3 other candidates on the ballot besides the Obama/Romney twins. In some states you could even write-in your candidate. I, having principles (unlike you), wrote in Ron Paul, with Gary Johnson as his VP.

So you vote for someone who has no principles and has no intention of getting rid of ObamaCare. Yes, I realize RomneyCare was a state program. Yes, I realize under the 10th Amendment they have the right to set up their own fascist healthcare system. Yes, I realize that RomneyCare doesn't affect people who don't live in MA.

But the fact of the matter remains that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between Romney and Obama on 99.9% of the issues, and for Republican voters to support (another) Obama-lite was not only disingenuous but completely hypocritical.

And I can read just fine, thanks. I read well enough to see that there are more than 1.5 choices on the ballot marked "President."
blah blah blah blah blah.. yeah, thats what your postings read like in reference to who I should have voted for. Your opinion holds no value to me.

do you care to cut a check to help fund the lawyer bills? Or is all your capable of doing is getting on a forum babbling crap?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The "scandals" are diversions created by the GOP for the most part. They have nothing of substance to offer so their entire platform consists of obstructing Obama.

All the obstructionism by the Republicans in Congress has simply hurt the American people and the economy, not the President.
So, ALL those DEMS who are now asking questions have switched party's and are now repubs?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
This is a serious question.
It is?
Quote:
We have seen throughout Barack Obama's entire presidency that they are more interested in obstructing the president's agenda and going on over each controversy (birtherism, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the latest DOJ and IRS news) rather than coming up with any real proposals. They recently voted for the 30-something time to repeal the ACA.
The reason our system was designed as it has been was to make it difficult for someone such as Obama to make the kind sweeping changes that he has proposed, and to ensure that the people have a voice. The Congress was never intended to simply be a "rubber stamp" for a President. Rather, it was to be the voice of the people.

This is not to say that the Congress should necessarily listen to what the people want and act to grant their wishes either. As we all know too well, the majority are often wrong, and often very short sighted. Majority rule is mob rule.

The current President, Barack H. Obama, is wrong on many issues. His policies have resulted in the worst economic times since the Great Depression. He has burdend our children and grand children with incredible debt, yet continues to propose more spending. He has enabled and facilitated the terrorist organization Muslim Brotherhood's rise to power, emboldening our enemies, all the while claiming al-Qaeda to be "on the run." He did nothing while our embassy in Benghazi was under attack, resulting in four lives being lost, lives which quick action on the part of assets that were within striking distance could have saved. They were told to "stand down."

We now know that the IRS was probing into Conservative groups, unfairly targeting them, and requiring them to provide answers to more than the ordinary types of questions; questions of a very personal nature.

Can you offer any reason at all why this President's policies and proposals should not be opposed?
Can you tell me why this President should not face impeachment?

Quote:
Do Republicans really have anything positive or decent to contribute to our nation at this point? I mean, at some point, all of the endless vitriol and hate gets a bit old, even for the most die hard conservatives, one would think.
We have more to offer than the current Democrat (Progressive) Party, because what we have to offer is the preservation of Liberty.

I don't want your Party to succeed. I don't want Barack Obama to succeed. I want Liberty to prevail, and the preservation of our Constitution, which is the greatest document in the history of man.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
what do you want them to contribute? horrific ideas like the democrats contribute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies