Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Agree many Obama followers are like cult followers. He can do no wrong but the problem this allows him to do nothing as his minion run amok.
Substitute Reagan for Obama in your statement and it still holds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 AM

600 posts, read 660,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Context is everything.

Transcript of President Barack Obama with Univision - latimes.com

Well, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna see how well we do in this election and I think a lot of it is gonna depend on whether we still have some support not only from Democrats, but also Republicans, but they're gonna be paying attention to this election. And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

How dishonest of you, BentBow.

modern day conservatives and context are not friends...

Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I literally had a coworker teaching kids that "Obama has never made a mistake" and when a kid tried to bring up a mistake, the teacher interrupted and repeated the mantra over again twice "Obama has never made a mistake, Obama has never made a mistake".
Oh, yeah, this sounds credible. How do you manage to get through life with a nose that long?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
Sorry, but I have yet to see anything that arises to the level of scandal, not even close!

these 3 issues (Benghazi, IRS targeting, and AP tapping) are all explainable and understandable when accounting for context, which conservatives are not known to discern. and even comparing any of this to Nixon is out-right lunacy!

However, i will agree that Obama supporters, especially initially, were incredibly naive! trust me, being a Hillary supporter during the contentious primary made me very aware of that fact. i did not vote for Obama the first time, mainly because he was too new to the process and not vetted enough by the media, but he proved himself worthy enough for reelection, especially considering what Romney was and what republicans have become.
If this media thinks their current temper tantrum is a mea culpa for how biased they (most media) were during Obama's national debut, they are sadly mistaken! These issues, and relatively minor problems, need to be fully explained and brought into context, thats the media's job; not polemics!
It's a waste of typing. These RWNJs don't want to evaluate facts and evidence. They just want something to use in their attempt to skewer President Obama -- something they have been trying to do since before the inauguration.

So, when governmental missteps occur, they jump on it like rats that haven't eaten in a week. This is our gotcha moment! As Charles Blow writes:

Quote:
You have to take their glee in sorrow with a grain of salt. For them this is more about their scandal lust than what’s scandalous. These people have been searching for a scandal — Kenyan birth certificates and a Michelle Obama “whitey” tape — for years. The fact that they now have something solid and not made of sand is going to make sad souls happy. That’s to be expected.
First, the three issues — Benghazi, the targeting of conservative groups by the I.R.S. and the Department of Justice’s monitoring of Associated Press journalists — appear to be completely unrelated, try as politicians and pundits may to connect them. Second, the president does not appear to have had any direct involvement in any of the episodes. Third, their weight and resonances differ greatly, although all could be diminished by their emerging concurrently.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It's a defense mechanism. The people that voted for this corrupt regime don't want to admit that they were wrong, even though the facts are staring them in the face every. single. day.

The decent ones will come around. Most of them will continue to deflect and defend in order to justify their own poor judgment.
No, actually it's the hypocrisy that stuns me - every single day.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:15 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Obama is like the captain of a ship. He ultimately responsible for the actions of his minions.
I contend that most people in power will stray away from campaign pledges, honesty, and etc...

If the people who vote for him were to demand that he do a better job and put pressure on him, he would be forced to change course. He would be a better president and have fulfilled more campaign promises.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:24 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's a waste of typing. These RWNJs don't want to evaluate facts and evidence. They just want something to use in their attempt to skewer President Obama -- something they have been trying to do since before the inauguration.

So, when governmental missteps occur, they jump on it like rats that haven't eaten in a week. This is our gotcha moment! As Charles Blow writes:
MTAtech,
You are the one that runs from facts and evidence.

Obama has failed on many promises, told many half truths or outright lies, etc...

No one is perfect, but his the buck stops everywhere else presidency is getting lame.

Let's take it one piece at a time, so you can tell me how it is really Bush's fault.

#1 Obama promised to wait 5 days before signing non-emergency legislation so that the bill that passed congress could be posted online for public debate before becoming a law. He broke this on his very first bill, showing that he had no intention of keeping this often made campaign promise (even the person that the bill was named after said he should have posted it online for 5 days). He has broken it over and over and over again since then.

Obama can post these bills online regardless of what congress does....the bill would have already passed congress. He even broke this with laws made during his supermajority time period.

How is this not Obama's fault? Please try not to blame Romney or Bush. Would not have Obama fulfilled this promise if his followers put pressure on him to do so - instead of looking the other way while watching media that fawn over him?

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills

After we settle this, I will move on to the next one. We'll get at least 3 dozen or so in if you wish.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
Sorry, but I have yet to see anything that arises to the level of scandal, not even close!

these 3 issues (Benghazi, IRS targeting, and AP tapping) are all explainable and understandable when accounting for context, which conservatives are not known to discern. and even comparing any of this to Nixon is out-right lunacy!

However, i will agree that Obama supporters, especially initially, were incredibly naive! trust me, being a Hillary supporter during the contentious primary made me very aware of that fact. i did not vote for Obama the first time, mainly because he was too new to the process and not vetted enough by the media, but he proved himself worthy enough for reelection, especially considering what Romney was and what republicans have become.

If this media thinks their current temper tantrum is a mea culpa for how biased they (most media) were during Obama's national debut, they are sadly mistaken! These issues, and relatively minor problems, need to be fully explained and brought into context, thats the media's job; not polemics!
You live in another universe than the rest of us. You couldn't be more wrong about EVERYTHING..! obama is a complete failure and his goal is to destroy America, which he is doing because of uninformed people such as yourself.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Agree. It's scary that many follow Obama like he's God.
If you think about it Obama is their pimp daddy. He takes money from working folks and gives it to them, he gives them free food, free housing and free health care. He hands them everything they need to survive so why wouldn't they support him regardless of the fact he is a narcissistic liar and thief.

There is that old saying that Karma is a *****.. He's going to find out the next 3 1/2 years are going to be a waste of his time, if and that's a big if, he makes it without being impeached. I think we are just starting to scratch the surface of the damage he has done and lies he has told. Regardless everything he does from this point until the miserable prick leaves office will be assumed a lie.

Regardless of what happens, history is going to be a cruel judge. I was told by a mentor when I first started in business that "The mill of the God's grinds slowly but it grinds very fine". I took that saying to heart and treat my business dealings with the utmost respect and ethic's. Unfortunately, Obama's mentors were from one of the most, if not the most, corrupt cities in the nation and he listened to them as evidenced by his soon to be legacy.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
This is a thread for those who have never read the Atlantic Monthly, Salon, Slate, The Nation, Mother Jones, Jeff Greenwald, watched Rachel Maddow, heard of Cornell West or is a member of the ACLU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies