Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:18 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
What a funny thread! You guys are just mad because you LOST!
No, America lost, you just see the little black man won and refuse to see past that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama has created an atmosphere where unethical behavior is encouraged and enabled. He switches position w/o explaining....and the press looks the other way.
And the little people adore him because he is black. It is obviously an abusive relationship. They keep hoping he will do something he promised.

I remember when he was elected the first time. Right away Obama was getting the sob story. One woman in particular just cried the blues. I don't know what the hell she expected but it wasn't a bunch of nothing like she got.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Everyone knows that buzzword comes from Rush. There is nothing less informative than Rush Limbaugh.

I've listened to it many times before, and found absolutely nothing informative or compelling. It's nothing but 3 hours of hateful propeganda.
Sigh, when low information voters try to strike back. I would love to listen to Rush, but in these wonderful years of Obama's economy I have to work two jobs (so much for "focusing like a laser", eh libs).

So here is some helpful information about the term low-information voter to help you folks stop embarrasing yourselves with inane comments.

Here - "The term is mainly used by liberals to refer to those who vote conservative against their interests and the best interests of the nation. It assumes they vote that way because they lack sufficient information about issues." Dumb and Dumber - By George Lakoff | Foreign Policy

Here - "Linguist George Lakoff has written that the term is a pejorative mainly used by American liberals to refer to people who vote conservative against their own interests, and assumes they do it because they lack sufficient information. Liberals, he said, attribute the problem in part to deliberate Republican efforts at misinforming voters." Low information voter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sigh, when low information voters try to strike back. I would love to listen to Rush, but in these wonderful years of Obama's economy I have to work two jobs (so much for "focusing like a laser", eh libs).

So here is some helpful information about the term low-information voter to help you folks stop embarrasing yourselves with inane comments.

Here - "The term is mainly used by liberals to refer to those who vote conservative against their interests and the best interests of the nation. It assumes they vote that way because they lack sufficient information about issues." Dumb and Dumber - By George Lakoff | Foreign Policy

Here - "Linguist George Lakoff has written that the term is a pejorative mainly used by American liberals to refer to people who vote conservative against their own interests, and assumes they do it because they lack sufficient information. Liberals, he said, attribute the problem in part to deliberate Republican efforts at misinforming voters." Low information voter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2 things:

1- I'm definitely not a liberal

2- We both know Rush is why you use that term, so you might as well own it.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
No I honestly didn't think there woudl be corruption...

but in retrospect, he came from chicago, and we are surprised there is a corrupt politician from Chicago... Even if you aren't corrupt you have to be corrupt just to be a politician from Chicago.
That is the definition of a contradiction. He comes from Chicago, is a part of the Chicago machine (the most corrupt city in politics) and therefore he must be corrupt. In fact he must be super-corrupt because he was their star player; the franchise politician. He surrounded himself with Chicago cronys (Holder, Emanuel, Goolsbee...etc.)

But, you didn't think there would be corruption? cough

EVERYONE is going to run away from this as fast as they can. Away from their positions of transparent insanity. Many of us warned this would happen in his lame-duck term. Now we find out that they (Obama, his handlers, IRS, Hillary, Holder) knew about and covered up all of these scandal's pre-election.

This is going to dwarf Watergate!

Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
2 things:

I'm not a Rush or Beck fan, but it sure seems like they nailed it. Unless of course Obama was just trying to make them look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
And the little people adore him because he is black. It is obviously an abusive relationship. They keep hoping he will do something he promised.

I remember when he was elected the first time. Right away Obama was getting the sob story. One woman in particular just cried the blues. I don't know what the hell she expected but it wasn't a bunch of nothing like she got.
I remember seeing the videos of people lined up in Detroit, Chicago and Phily to get their "Obama money"

Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To be honest:

I knew about the history of Chicago politics, the Obamas and the machine that put him into the Illinois State then U.S. Senate seat.

But, OH BOY, even I didn't think the corruption would reach these levels.

Benghazi, IRS and AP scandals reveal Obama's culture of corruption | Fox News

Even Bill Clinton must be taken aback just a bit by what has happened!

What do you think the effects of this toxic White House will be on the mid-term elections for the democrat party?
What, no poll?

I think Obama will have the same sort of second term that W. did along with Clinton, H. Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson (short answer -- didn't run for a second term because of democrats opposing him), Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt, Hoover, Coolidge, etc., etc., etc.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
2 things:

That's it? You didn't even make the effort to see the term was originally invented by liberals? Onto the Ignore List with you for intellectual laziness.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:23 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack Hussein has never won an argument or election on his own merits or arguments. He won them by demonizing or disqualifying the other side. That is the sign of a failure.
Now pretty obvious that Harry Reid took the private tax data the IRS gifted to the Obama campaign to use against Romney....that is beyond low and to use the IRS as a personal weapon against citizens is the worst of the worst. But my dad was always right and said that the leftist in the country would stop at nothing to secure control over the masses....he was right and that should scare you to sleep at night. The DNC has gone to an alltime low in history and how many dems really believe now that there is no death panel in the healthcare bill?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
That's why he does not "seem" to know anything. And we still do not know where he was while we were being attacked.
A wise man wrote in at Fox news and asked "So Mr. President, since you seem to gain all your infomation from the "grapevine" just what magnatude of a crisis would reach you personally?" I thought that was the million dollar question..the other one is just who is running WA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies