Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:05 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So let me get this straight, professor.

Thousands of illegal immigrants went down to city hall with a stolen SS card, risking a felony that would get them jailed and deported, so they could register to vote? They went down to the authorities of whom most of them are deathly afraid, with false documents so they could VOTE-- something most citizens don't bother to do?

And this is what you believe?
"Deathly afraid" of the authorities? Do you live in an area with a high number of illegals? I do, and they are cocky, beyond reason. April through October, in particular, when the poor, starving, farmers import them by the train load, and the illegal permanent population ticks up more each year. Our percentage of non English speakers is fast approaching the majority. It's a travesty, and I have lost a LOT of respect for the large farm operations because of it. Hell yes, they vote. They have drivers licenses, and they getaways Social Security numbers, despite not being citizens to. Replete with being able to receive benefits. They overload the hospital ER and urgent care, and don't pay the bills, as well, leaving we real citizens to pick up the tab in higher care costs and taxes.

The schools now are required to have seperate classes to teach English, and also keep a high number of interpretors on staff, as do all the county, city, and state offices. Particularly the ones that handle entitlement benefits, such as food stamps, health services, supplemental financial aid, AFDC, WIC, and such.

Not only are they not afraid of the authorities, they flaunt it. You can, patronizingly, defend, the poor, oppressed, fearful, illegals, all you like. That dog won't hunt around here.

Last edited by NVplumber; 05-16-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,822,733 times
Nevada has that problem? I always associate Las Vegas with Nevada. I didn't realize that it was a large agricultural state.

Don't think I'd want to live there though. Better you than me. Do you live close to Pahrump? Couldn't believe what I read about that place.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Really? I know of a certain person who never became a citizen and was born in canada. He has lived here his whole life and has voted many times. All you need is to register to vote when you get your drivers license or at a drive to sign up. All you need is a id.

So, is he an illegal alien?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah right. Thousands did last time around.
Prove it.

Quote:
All they need is a stolen SS card and go register.

You don't have many illegals in your area, judging from your statement.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:23 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, is he an illegal alien?
What difference does it make? If he is a non-citizen he isn't allowed to vote.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:27 PM

3,407 posts, read 3,454,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What difference does it make? If he is a non-citizen he isn't allowed to vote.
Non citizens vote all the time. And with no need for id all they need is to have thier name on the voting rolls. Getting on the rolls is much easier than getting taken off the rolls. My dad was on it for 5 yrs after he passed away. I kept telling them to take him off each yr.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"Deathly afraid" of the authorities? Do you live in an area with a high number of illegals? I do, and they are cocky, beyond reason. April through October, in particular, when the poor, starving, farmers import them by the train load, and the illegal permanent population ticks up more each year. Our percentage of non English speakers is fast approaching the majority. It's a travesty, and I have lost a LOT of respect for the large farm operations because of it. Hell yes, they vote. They have drivers licenses, and they getaways Social Security numbers, despite not being citizens to. Replete with being able to receive benefits. They overload the hospital ER and urgent care, and don't pay the bills, as well, leaving we real citizens to pick up the tab in higher care costs and taxes.

The schools now are required to have seperate classes to teach English, and also keep a high number of interpretors on staff, as do all the county, city, and state offices. Particularly the ones that handle entitlement benefits, such as food stamps, health services, supplemental financial aid, AFDC, WIC, and such.

Not only are they not afraid of the authorities, they flaunt it. You can, patronizingly, defend, the poor, oppressed, fearful, illegals, all you like. That dog won't hunt around here.
You're right on! Also, Obama has instructed HS not to deport any illegals unless they have a felony "conviction" so what reason do they have to be afraid?....None!

Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,468,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
She's got to distance herself somehow from him. Don't forget, she resigned a week prior to the election and he was NOT happy about it as the election was fairly close. She said that she just wanted to take some time off, survived a concussion, a miraculous recovery, and acknowledged her run for 2016 all within 4 months.

She and he were bitter enemies during the election until she capitulated. Did you ever see Hillary take losing gracefully? Trust me, she wanted to distance herself as much as possible for her next attempt at the White House. Mid-Terms are around the corner and she has to make no mistake and let a late entrant beat her next time. She wants to be in the big show. This pro-active step assures it.

You might also notice Bill's less-than-overwhelming endorsement for BO at the convention. That was not his best effort. My guess? BO promised one thing for her to step aside, and delivered quite another knowing he was a lame duck. Payback came 1 week before the election.

One could theorize that. It's possible. I think it's a longshot but, we are talking about Hillary Clinton. She will stop at NOTHING to be president. Up to and including lying to a fallen Navy Seal's father at his son's funeral telling the father, "we will do everything in our power to prosecute this video maker to the fullest extent of the law" all the while knowing that she KNEW this was a terrorist attack.

She lied to the man's father....at his funeral. You think she is not capable of this? There is sufficient documentation out there that when she first came to the White House she was NO fan of the military. Now, she acts like somewhat of a hawk...whatever the political winds blow, there she is. To be fair, ALL politicians have to do this to some degree. Right or left. She just takes it to a demeaning art form.

People don't like her. They don't like her for a myriad of reasons. And yet, she is very, very bright, knows politics. Me? I think most people just don't trust her. What she did at that funeral is beyond cold and calculating. That's her problem, lack of the public trust. Cries on queue, stiffens to a statue at a hearing, lies to a father at his son's funeral, laughs in a phony matter when necessary, Whitewater, Bill's antics with Monica (did she EVER elaborate what she thought then?".

What woman, in 1998, in "office", would have just mildly let his fling go. The man was getting blown in the oval office, got caught, lied about it, had his mistress go on the Barbara Walters special and say, in front of 80 million watching "gee, he was such a good kisser"... and conspicuously do NOTHING about this? Besides dropping a rolling pin on his head somewhere in seclusion in America, you saw or hear nothing. She let it go publicly.

AND THIS IS HILLARY CLINTON! The only first lady that had more cojones than the president. Trust me, she pees standing up. Probably dropped Chelsea breech while jogging.....ough comes to mind. She lived through his embarrassment and came back like nothing happened. She runs for president a mere decade or so later and is running again. You can't shame her, you can't stop her, she's Hillary..... the movie.....

And you think she couldn't come up with.....this?

I don't think there is much she is NOT capable of....do you?
If memory serves, weren't the first whisps of birtherism issued from the Hillary camp during the primary season?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Obama put on his combat boots and started talking aggressively today about Syria for the first time. You are correct, he and his pin headed minions think if they throw enough smoke screen up and enough of them fall on their swords this will all go away. I think the MSM is again complicit in distracting the American People from the homeboy in chiefs FUs
Another wag the dog like Clinton did during the Monica scandal.
How nice.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Nevada has that problem? I always associate Las Vegas with Nevada. I didn't realize that it was a large agricultural state.

Don't think I'd want to live there though. Better you than me. Do you live close to Pahrump? Couldn't believe what I read about that place.
NV is a BIG state. I live in a rural community SE of Reno. Nowhere near Pahrump. We do not consider Vegas part of NV anymore. It's an extension of CA. The whole valleyin here is Ag and ranching. The farms are huge. Onions and garlic, mainly, with hay as well. South valley did lettuce last year too.

This community has been over run by illegals. They are a major problem. The entire NW part of the state is flooded. They come in on work visas, and don't leave. This time of year, brings in the new crop. We get inundated, then, when harvest is done, a bunch leave, a bunch stay, and the population ticks up, substantially, yet again. Many cal e out ancbor babys, many just don't care about the law, and just squat. The contractors and farmers, not so much with ranchers, but a few, are happy to have them. They live in their big castles ( thats not a metaphor ..I'm serious) and the rest of us have to deal with their chattel.

Used to be, anyone herebouts, needed work, a job with Ag was always there. And nobody was to good to work the farms. The pay ain't half bad. Its hard work. Who did that ever hurt? The high school kids ALL worked the farms in the Summer. Happy to be making some cash. I did. Last couple years, I went to a cattle ranch. Loved it! Pretty good life, but it ain't no living, though.

Now, just try working the farms if you're an "Anglo". My son tried, 3 years ago. The Mexicans are worse than any closed Union shop. Flat brutal and nasty, actually. Didn't do wonders for my opinion of them. But they drew the lines, not me. Anyone who thinks I'm being racist, can take a flying leap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies