Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ah, the rancid smell of the race card fueled by the lies of the left.
LOL
Then YOU explain to ME why the GOP can't attract minorities - because the sure as heck don't seem to be able to do it. They don't attract the majority of Hispanics, they don't attract the majority of Asians, they don't attract the majority of Blacks, they don't attract the majority of ANY minority - and it's NOT just by RACE that they fail. They can't even attract the majority of WOMAN (all races combined). The ONLY racial or sexual demographic the GOP gets the most votes of is WHITE MALES - that's it.
Why is that?
Clearly ALL those diverse groups of people find SOMETHING about the GOP distasteful.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-17-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,302,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Here's a new model developed by Nate Silver (you know - the guy who was soooooo on target with the Presidential elections predictions when pollsters like Gallup and Rasmussen had it so wrong). It shows predicted results for every Presidential election from now until 2048 and how changes in demographics - specifically with a growing minority population - will swing Presidential elections dramatically towards the Democrats in coming years based on past voting habits by the various demographic groups.

I know that wingnut types will immediately try to discredit the model, but you know what? Silver knows a LOT more about both statistics AND voting patterns, than ANYONE here on this board - and more than the vast majority of other pollsters out there.

This should be a REAL eyeopener for the GOP:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...orm.html?_r=2&

Ken
Reality doesn't matter to conservatives.

I think the national conservative party may go the route of Californian conservatives. By their actions, they have relegated themselves in the state to minority status. They didn't adapt to changing demographics of the state.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 AM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL
The YOU explain to ME why the GOP can't attract minorities - because the sure as heck don't seem to be able to do it. They don't attract the majority of Hispanics, they don't attract the majority of Asians, they don't attract the majority of Blacks, they don't attract the majority of ANY minority - and it's NOT just by RACE that they fail. They can't even attract the majority of WOMAN (all races combined). The ONLY racial or sexual demographic the GOP gets the most votes of is WHITE MALES - that's it.
Why is that?
Clearly ALL those diverse groups of people find SOMETHING about the GOP distasteful.

Ken
Because minorities have been robotically voted Democrat for decades now and have been brainwashed by the Democrats that they have their best interests at heart and that the GOP adheres to racism. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is hard to change that pre-programmed mindset. As for Hispanics they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws. The GOP disagrees with that so therefore most Hispanics won't vote for them (now just who are the racists in this issue)? It is really that simple.

As for the female vote far too many are pro-abortion and it is just another thing that most GOPers don't agree with. So what you are saying is in order to pull in the votes from these groups the GOP would have to sacrifice their principles, our borders, our laws and adhere to a nanny state? In otherwords turn into Democrats. No thanks, I'd rather see the GOP go by the wayside then.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Your changing demographics is going to change you more than just having a Dem stronghold.
But you probably don't realize that yet because " the party" is topmost in your sights.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Because minorities have been robotically voted Democrat for decades now and have been brainwashed by the Democrats that they have their best interests at heart and that the GOP adheres to racism. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is hard to change that pre-programmed mindset. As for Hispanics they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws. The GOP disagrees with that so therefore most Hispanics won't vote for them (now just who are the racists in this issue)? It is really that simple.

As for the female vote far too many are pro-abortion and it is just another thing that most GOPers don't agree with. So what you are saying is in order to pull in the votes from these groups the GOP would have to sacrifice their principles, our borders, our laws and adhere to a nanny state? In otherwords turn into Democrats. No thanks, I'd rather see the GOP go by the wayside then.
Then explain Rick Santorum's comments, and Newt Gingrich's comments regarding Blacks. I don't think minorities are brainwashed. Rather, they feel alienated by the GOP. Use of the Southern Strategy was the final nail in the coffin for Blacks. Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Lily White movement basically started purging Blacks out of the Republican Party. Lily-White Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blacks have reasons to feel alienated by the GOP. As of late, Republican candidates haven't campaigned in Black neighborhoods. I haven't seen Bush or Bush Jr do it. Democrats often do.

And when someone like Pat Buchanan says "concentrate on the White vote", it doesn't do very good in attracting minorities to the GOP.

Democrats at this point aren't doing that good of a job, and neither are Republicans. I'm convinced neither party truly cares about the needs of Blacks at all. However, this is the difference. It is the difference between a candidate telling you what you want to hear vs saying things that alienate you. Who is a person going to vote for? A person is going to vote for the person whom they feel tells them what they want to hear.

Under the current system, either the GOP will have to change(in some ways), or it will keep losing elections.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then explain Rick Santorum's comments, and Newt Gingrich's comments regarding Blacks. I don't think minorities are brainwashed. Rather, they feel alienated by the GOP. Use of the Southern Strategy was the final nail in the coffin for Blacks. Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Lily White movement basically started purging Blacks out of the Republican Party. Lily-White Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blacks have reasons to feel alienated by the GOP. As of late, Republican candidates haven't campaigned in Black neighborhoods. I haven't seen Bush or Bush Jr do it. Democrats often do.

And when someone like Pat Buchanan says "concentrate on the White vote", it doesn't do very good in attracting minorities to the GOP.

Democrats at this point aren't doing that good of a job, and neither are Republicans. I'm convinced neither party truly cares about the needs of Blacks at all. However, this is the difference. It is the difference between a candidate telling you what you want to hear vs saying things that alienate you. Who is a person going to vote for? A person is going to vote for the person whom they feel tells them what they want to hear.

Under the current system, either the GOP will have to change(in some ways), or it will keep losing elections.
They don't and you can include Hispanics and other minorities. They just want your vote.
You get tossed a few crumbs and you follow like ducks to bread crumbs.

Neither party care. They just want votes. Or haven't you realized that yet ?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Aside from the black community then the GOP has to thumb their noses at our immigration laws and treat Hispanics like they are special and above them in order to gain their votes? No thanks, I'd rather see the party die than to sacrifice the soveirgnty of our borders and reward those who violate them. We will have moved away from the rule of law then something this country is based on and should be embraced by both parties.
I rather doubt your rants against illegal immigration has anything to do with the law, after all I don't see you folks ranting against tax cheats (unless of course they HAPPEN to be illegal immigrants) - and THEY break the law.
I don't see you folks ranting against wife beaters (unless of course they HAPPEN to be illegal immigrants) - and THEY break the law.
I don't see you folks ranting against murderers (unless of course they HAPPEN to be illegal immigrants) - and THEY break the law.

Why is that?
Why the rants against illegal immigration (who are mostly Hispanic) - if racism has nothing to do with it?
Hmmmmm.

Ken

Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:

So, minorities are all "brainwashed".
Hispanics all think they "above the law".
Women "only care about abortion".

Hmmmm....

And you wonder why minorities think that you folks are racist/sexist?

Ken

Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They don't and you can include Hispanics and other minorities. They just want your vote.
You get tossed a few crumbs and you follow like ducks to bread crumbs.

Neither party care. They just want votes. Or haven't you realized that yet ?
It isn't so much that I haven't seen it. It is a matter of being at a loss. Being in a two party system, there is little room for a third party. It is basically vote for the lesser of evils.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't so much that I haven't seen it. It is a matter of being at a loss. Being in a two party system, there is little room for a third party. It is basically vote for the lesser of evils.
And it will stay that way until enough people get fed up to vote 3rd party and take the risk.
It only takes 5% to get that party recognized and "in the system".
And the two parties (R & D) will do whatever it takes to make sure a third party doesn't get that 5%.

To me..voting for the lesser of two evils is resigning yourself to BAU.
To me..that is throwing away your vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies