Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still trust President Obama?
Yes 71 31.28%
No 156 68.72%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:56 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times

Advertisements

Still?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 11:02 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
We're talking about President Obama here, NOT the Bush's.
You considered Bush a slick talker?

Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Anyone who upsets the great threat to national security (right-wingers) as much as Obama does is doing something right in my book. I vote yes. Keep up the good work, Mr. President.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Anyone who upsets the great threat to national security (right-wingers) as much as Obama does is doing something right in my book. I vote yes. Keep up the good work, Mr. President.
Only if "national security" equals endless social programs that prop up people with tax dollars instead of actually fixing problems. I couldn't be happier to be a threat to that kind of "national security".

Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
A lot of politicians and talking heads are saying Obama has lost the faith and confidence of the American people. I don't agree with that. I think Americans are sticking with their President and are not buying the current wave of scandals Republicans are trying to exploit to bring him down. What do you think? Do you trust President Obama?
Pretty hard for me to answer because I really never did trust him. I did try to like him, I tried to support him and yes, I even hoped he would be a good Pres. but I never thought it would happen and now, he is looking worse and worse. Either he is about as corrupt as they come or he is totally out of the loop and is a horrible leader.

Nita

Old 05-19-2013, 11:20 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Do you still trust President Obama?

Obama spox puppet on the swirling cesspool that the current admin has become... 'Law Is Irrelevant'

The question might be, Why has anyone ever trusted Obama

Old 05-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
List of Obama's Lies | Barack Obama Lies

“The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.”
Politifact.com

“Mitt Romney raised nursing home fees eight times.”
Politifact.com

“Mitt Romney called the Arizona law a model for the nation.”
Politifact.com

not going to spend all day debunking you, so lets just do the first 3

Quote:
Obama said that the sequester -- and the defense cuts that would result from it -- was not his proposition. "It is something that Congress has proposed," he said in the debate.

But it was Obama’s negotiating team that came up with the idea for defense cuts in 2011, though they were intended to prod Congress to come up with a better deal for reining in the deficit, not as an effort to make those cuts reality.

Meanwhile, members of both parties in Congress voted for the legislation that set up the possibility of sequestration. Obama’s position is that Congress should now act to avoid those across-the-board cuts.

Obama can’t rightly say the sequester isn’t his, but he did need cooperation from Congress to get to this point.
Quote:
Romney answered, "You know, I think you see a model here in Arizona. They passed a law here that says that people who come here and try and find work, that the employer is required to look them up on E-Verify. This E-Verify system allows employers in Arizona to know who's here legally and who's not here legally. And as a result of E-Verify being put in place, the number of people in Arizona that are here illegally has dropped by some 14 percent, where the national average has only gone down 7 percent."

E-Verify is a federal, Internet-based system that employers can use to verify whether someone is authorized to work in the United States. Participation is voluntary for most U.S. businesses -- there is no federal mandate. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website says that more than 280,000 employers across the country are using the system.

After the Arizona debate, many reporters, opinion columnists, Democrats and liberal groups interpreted that statement by Romney as him saying that SB 1070 as a whole should be a model, either for the nation or for other states.

However, Dan Nowicki, the Arizona Republic’s national political reporter, questioned those interpretations in a March 3, 2012, news article that noted that Arizona’s requirement that businesses use E-Verify is not contained in SB 1070 but rather in an earlier state law, the Legal Arizona Workers Act.

"It's clear from the (debate) transcript that Romney was describing part of the state's 2007 employer-sanctions law, which has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court," Nowicki wrote. "That Arizona law requires employers to use a federal electronic system to verify whether new hires are eligible to work in the United States and provides punishment for companies that hire undocumented immigrants."
Romney was indeed saying SB 1070 was a model for the nation, he had no clue that the Legal Workers Act was not part of it though, so politifact only labeled it false based on Romney's own ignorance of law. further more, in the quote, he said the specific part of the law that he thinks should be a national model.

so let me try to explain this in a simpler way. If i say i want to stone people because a 1680 Massachusetts Biblical Justice Law says i can, but you find out that it was actually part of the 1677 Massachusetts Christian Justice Laws, it doesnt change the fact that i said i want to stone people.

Raised fees, from your own link
Quote:

In addition, Romney established a $9.60 per day user fee on nursing home beds not covered by Medicare. The money was meant to be returned to the nursing homes in the form of higher Medicaid reimbursement rates.

The Romney campaign acknowledged the fee increases on nursing home licenses but took issue with the "eight times" characterization. We agree: The fees were not raised eight times -- they were raised once, on seven different levels of nursing homes in mid-2003, which was also when the user fee was implemented.
something you obviously need to learn about politifact, it rates something false based on more than one factor. Not just the person who makes the claim, but the original claim itself.

Last edited by dsjj251; 05-19-2013 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-19-2013, 11:25 AM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Absolutely not, I do not trust him. Those of us who had this gut feeling about Obama all along are finding it awfully hard to avoid telling you "I told you so." The poster on page 3 (juneau?) summed up Obama's presidency perfectly and why he has forever lost my trust.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Bad poll. Still? There's no option for the people with brains who NEVER trusted the lying rat-eared wonder.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I don't "trust" anyone not named DesertDetroiter.

Obama is simply better than the offered alternatives.

I trust him more than I trust Romney or McCain. That's a no-brainer. But do i have some sort of religious like faith in him to always do the right thing? Nope. He'll do what every other politician does...the politically expedient thing. I just happen to agree with his view of the world far more than I agree with his detractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies