Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
S. Dakota's Pine Ridge tribe is at 'breaking point' over alcohol - Los Angeles Times

Yes, the welfare checks are cashed right at the Mini Mart, for booze. Maybe I am crazy, but if you are requesting money for food assistance, how can you afford liquor?
Whiteclay is shameful, and should be shut down.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Oh, I got you. Another person that doesn't understand the "dollar saved is a dollar earned."

I'm not sure if I should be amused or disgusted by the ignorance...
I understand a dollar save a dollar earned do you understand mind your own business ? If the person(s) decide to spend $2 - $5 on lotto let them. You don't get an infinite amount of money on welfare you only get a set amount so if they want to use and waste the money fine let them waste it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Still not criminal, still none of your business, and still not FACT.

You don't know who plays the lottery when or how often or what their financial status is. Some people only play when the jackpot gets huge. Some people buy into the office lotto ticket pool. Some people get/give tickets as gift. Every now and then you will hear that a winner bought a ticket on a lark, just for the heck of it. I have personally only bought 2 lotto tickets in my life.

Are you standing on line at your local gas station, asking everyone where their money came from and what kind of government assistance they receive? No? Then you don't know.

I would really suggest you do something with your time to help out the poor rather than criticize them for what you have made up to be criminal choices.
I think a lot of cons on here are the busybody knowitall types who hangout in the checkout line checking out what everyone else is using because there life is so boring they MUST have something to do.

Quote:
Um, if you're using tax dollars to pay anything in your "budget" that comes from my revenues I do in fact have a vested interest and in fact have dictatorial powers over what that money is used for.

Substitute drugs for lottery tickets. The chances you're going to hit it big (snickers) are about equal.
Last I checked you can't buy drugs using welfare. for housing assistance the check goes straight to the landlord, for food stamps unless you sell your card you can't do anything with it. And EBT CASH does not give a whole lot, more than likely like another poster stated on here they probably work and use that money for lotto. You do know there is a large portion of people in this country who are the working poor. And not all of them work in fast food there are many who work in office jobs as well, Temps and the like, heck even people that work in the mailroom don't normally make much.

Quote:
S. Dakota's Pine Ridge tribe is at 'breaking point' over alcohol - Los Angeles Times

Yes, the welfare checks are cashed right at the Mini Mart, for booze. Maybe I am crazy, but if you are requesting money for food assistance, how can you afford liquor?
I'm pretty sure they don't use Welfare checks anymore and if they do it's for rental assistance. And either way if they use there ebt cash up that's it for the month.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
a lottery ticket cost 1 dollar people. (well in Florida)

IKR...lame outrage from lame people

Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Its like me saying people who speak out against national GOVT should not be able to use any services it provides

See Texas Plant Explosion( Man Causing Disatser

Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Whiteclay is shameful, and should be shut down.
This, right here. Exactly.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:

Whiteclay is a prime example of unfettered capitalism without ethics or morals, preying on the weak.

Clearly you didn't actually read the article you sited - they can't afford liquor. Women prostitute themselves, people steal or sell whatever they can and the owners of the establishments profit off of a group of people that have an almost insurmountable addiction problem.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
They're going to buy lottery tickets, cable TV and Internet on the black market?

What?
My comment was referring to stopping people on government aid from purchasing certain things.
example - If you ban places of business from accepting "government payment" for cigarettes, someone on the black market will allow them to use "government payment", sell it to them, but for a higher price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies