Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 AM

382 posts, read 588,313 times

Advertisements

Well, with all the White house scandal and weather, it looks like the SH meet the parents tour is DOA. Good reddens to that bad act. I was sick and tired of hearing about how BGC will stop crime, when in fact it would have not done one thing to stop the SH shooting. Good buy to that dog and pony show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
They're going to trot out tornado victims now to whine about global warming. Can't let a tragedy go to waste.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Well, with all the White house scandal and weather, it looks like the SH meet the parents tour is DOA. Good reddens to that bad act. I was sick and tired of hearing about how BGC will stop crime, when in fact it would have not done one thing to stop the SH shooting. Good buy to that dog and pony show.
They couldn't get "gun control" legislation passed so these people are now useless to them.

Anyone that thought the left actually cared about these parents is a moron. They used them then threw them out like trash.

Kinda like they do the blacks and women. Use them for votes then treat them like garbage for 3.5 years.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
20 young children were killed in the SH shooting.

And the parents of those children spoke about it (to try to stop other children from being killed.)

You said "those parents are a bad act."
You called those parents "a dog and pony show."

You need to take a close look at yourself. Your need to bash Obama is making you disrespect dead children and their grieving parents.

I don't like the world your thread brought me into here, they were children.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
They couldn't get "gun control" legislation passed so these people are now useless to them.

Anyone that thought the left actually cared about these parents is a moron. They used them then threw them out like trash.

Kinda like they do the blacks and women. Use them for votes then treat them like garbage for 3.5 years.
Spot on post.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Such a distain for the parents of slain children. Do you have children? Don't fret, the "meet the parents tour" is rolling forward. This week some of the parents were in Illinois. I share their concern, as do an overwhelming majority of Americans. People who love this country and who don't hate fellow countrymen/women ... support modifications to the gun registration/mass murder ammunition laws.

Sandy Hook parents help Illinois high-capacity magazine ban - Chicago Tribune

Old 05-21-2013, 07:41 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
20 young children were killed in the SH shooting.

And the parents of those children spoke about it (to try to stop other children from being killed.)

You said "those parents are a bad act."
You called those parents "a dog and pony show."

You need to take a close look at yourself. Your need to bash Obama is making you disrespect dead children and their grieving parents.

I don't like the world your thread brought me into here, they were children.
You bring up a good point, I can't imagine what these parents are going through, and hope nobody ever has to go through anything like this ever again.
I can understand the intent of the parents actions, but what's damaged their message is the way the left moved in and used them to broadcast their agenda on a much broader scale.
Nobody's talking about mental health care reform, only going after some poor guy that has an AR15 with a 30 round mag in the middle of nowhere.
Where's the logic in that?
The libs have tainted the message these parents are trying to deliver in my opinion.
False outrage is all I see by these leaders we have(both sides) and its sickening.
I seriously hope no family ever has to go through what these people are going through, but odds are it'll happen again.
So...in my point of view the best thing to do is stay armed and hope that you're in a position to protect your family if a situation ever arises. Because, relying on 911 isn't a very good option these days. Especially with the whack jobs that are out there. Times are changing.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post

You claim liberals don't care about children, black Americans, and women.

But republicans are against welfare for single mothers and their hungry (children.)
Huge numbers of (black Americans) work for min wage, and republicans are against raising min wage.
Republicans are against a (woman's) right to have an abortion
Republicans will not allow (women) to serve in all positions in the military
ex.ex.ex.

And the deficits and debt caused by republican supply side/trickle down tax cuts, has left Americas federal government short on funds to care for America's children, black Americans, and women.

Democrats help women, black Americans, and children in many ways. But republicans only want supply side tax cuts (and they post lies and manipulations to get them.)

Also you sound like a racist when you say "blacks", you should say "black Americans."

Last edited by chad3; 05-21-2013 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
They just "trotted" them out here in Chicago yesterday, because the State has been ordered to enact a concealed carry policy. Our governor Jello used them for publicity. Pure politics !

Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You bring up a good point, I can't imagine what these parents are going through, and hope nobody ever has to go through anything like this ever again.
I can understand the intent of the parents actions, but what's damaged their message is the way the left moved in and used them to broadcast their agenda on a much broader scale.
Nobody's talking about mental health care reform, only going after some poor guy that has an AR15 with a 30 round mag in the middle of nowhere.
Where's the logic in that?
The libs have tainted the message these parents are trying to deliver in my opinion.
False outrage is all I see by these leaders we have(both sides) and its sickening.
I seriously hope no family ever has to go through what these people are going through, but odds are it'll happen again.
So...in my point of view the best thing to do is stay armed and hope that you're in a position to protect your family if a situation ever arises. Because, relying on 911 isn't a very good option these days. Especially with the whack jobs that are out there. Times are changing.
Those children were killed with an assault weapon, thats why the left used their parents to demonstrate what assault weapons do.

The Beltway sniper, the Columbine shooters, the movie theater shooter, and the SH shooter (all used assault weapons.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies