Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:11 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I didn't realize how deep the love and respect that some conservatives have for terrorists that target Americans and her interests. But I can see it here now.
They had no problem killing terrorist when Bush was President but now that Obama is, they want all terrorist to have trials and be captured no matter how many soldiers die to get them. It's the republican way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He was right about Iraq, but I do listen to Paul and that's how I know most of what he says is crazy or conspiracy fueled.
He has been right about almost every single policy issue of the last 40 years.

You ever seen this 1988 video where he calls out Poppa Bush for the CIA drug running?

Ron Paul: George Bush "Deep Into" CIA Drug Trafficking - YouTube

Or this one from 2007 where he calls out how the drug war and the death penalty are inherently racist?

Ron Paul Calls for End to Drug War - YouTube

Or this one from 1988 where he said basically the same thing?

Video From 1988 Proves Ron Paul is not a Racist! - YouTube

Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He may not have but his daddy sure did and by bringing his son in with his terrorist friends, he opened his son up to be targeted. So basically instead of whining about Obama killing him, blame terrorist daddy.
Nice. Blame the kid for his having a sh*tty father.

Like a young kid had any choice into where his father drug him. I'm sure if your dad said "Hey, we're moving," you would stand your ground and say "No, I'm staying right here. You can't make me"

People like you are absolutely disgusting.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
They had no problem killing terrorist when Bush was President but now that Obama is, they want all terrorist to have trials and be captured no matter how many soldiers die to get them. It's the republican way.
Who is "they?" I'm not a Republican.

Did you watch any of those videos I posted?

Libertarians were vehemently opposed to extrajudicial killings under Bush just like they're opposed to them under Obama.

Educate yourself. Please.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
And I love how you conveniently left out the fact that ALL the links I posted in my OP were links to progressive/left-leaning sites. TRUE progressives are beside themselves.

Obviously you're not a true progressive.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
First of all, we should stay out of the affairs of other nations and work on developing our own resources (all of the above, of course) so we do not find ourselves in a mess like in the past decade. Until then, though, it's bombs away as far as I am concerned. I could not care less if the losers who get bombed are American citizens. Don't try to kill your people and you can sleep easier at night. As for the 16 yo, well, that is prime terrorist age for a Muslim radical. No loss. An ounce of prevention, actually.

The only reason you righties are getting all dewy-eyed over these dead terrorists is because you can't resist whining about Obama. We see right through you.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
First of all, we should stay out of the affairs of other nations and work on developing our own resources (all of the above, of course) so we do not find ourselves in a mess like in the past decade. Until then, though, it's bombs away as far as I am concerned. I could not care less if the losers who get bombed are American citizens. Don't try to kill your people and you can sleep easier at night. As for the 16 yo, well, that is prime terrorist age for a Muslim radical. No loss. An ounce of prevention, actually.
You're absolutely sickening. Revolting.

Killing a 16 year-old American citizen (born in Denver) is fine with you. No crime committed. No evidence of terrorism. Just kill him because he's brown.

You sound like Cheney having a bad day.

Quote:
The only reason you righties are getting all dewy-eyed over these dead terrorists is because you can't resist whining about Obama. We see right through you.
I'm not a "rightie." Get your facts straight.

I guess you missed the "leftie" links I posted:

Four American Citizens Killed In Drone Strikes Since 2009: Eric Holder
Daily Kos: U.S. Admits to Killing Four American Citizens in Drone Strikes
U.S. Admits Drones Killed 4 Americans - Truthdig
Obama Admits 4 US Citizens Killed by Drones, Deaths of Those Not Targeted Left Unexplained | The Dissenter
The Obama Administration Finally Admits Killing 4 Americans | Mother Jones
Obama Administration Admits Drone Attacks Killed 4 US Citizens | Common Dreams

Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Did this happen in one of the countries where your boy Bush started a war?
You've GOT to be kidding. Obama has had 5 years to get out of Bush's moronic wars, and drones are HIS favorite toy, but he's not to blame in the least?

Perhaps you want to explain why Obama hasn't cut Defense spending, when the vast majority of Democrat voters and even a significant majority of Republican voters want it drastically cut? Defense Spending Cuts Popular With Voters: Poll

Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 PM

264 posts, read 280,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You're absolutely sickening. Revolting.

Killing a 16 year-old American citizen (born in Denver) is fine with you. No crime committed. No evidence of terrorism. Just kill him because he's brown.

You sound like Cheney having a bad day.

I'm not a "rightie." Get your facts straight.

I guess you missed the "leftie" links I posted:

Four American Citizens Killed In Drone Strikes Since 2009: Eric Holder
Daily Kos: U.S. Admits to Killing Four American Citizens in Drone Strikes
U.S. Admits Drones Killed 4 Americans - Truthdig
Obama Admits 4 US Citizens Killed by Drones, Deaths of Those Not Targeted Left Unexplained | The Dissenter
The Obama Administration Finally Admits Killing 4 Americans | Mother Jones
Obama Administration Admits Drone Attacks Killed 4 US Citizens | Common Dreams
You sure attack people a lot. Is this a "hider" name or did your real name get banned? Nobody takes you seriously because of your attitude. So it's cool if you want to follow Ron Paul like a robot, as others do, but try to think about things for yourself instead of just attacking people.

Angry, defensive post to follow from you, I'm sure. Hope you feel better.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM

264 posts, read 280,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
You've GOT to be kidding. Obama has had 5 years to get out of Bush's moronic wars, and drones are HIS favorite toy, but he's not to blame in the least?

Perhaps you want to explain why Obama hasn't cut Defense spending, when the vast majority of Democrat voters and even a significant majority of Republican voters want it drastically cut? Defense Spending Cuts Popular With Voters: Poll
I understand you are just following your party, but Obama inherited a mess. We are out of Iraq and will be Afghanistan. Not so easy to clean up after a disaster as you would like to think. But you are a good republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies