Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times

Advertisements

In light of this:

Fun With Party I.D. : Moderate voters skew HEAVILY Democratic in PPP's 2016 polling

Why do conservatives seem to keep going out of their way to insult and alienate moderates?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:31 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
I don't know about conservatives, but I find most moderates asleep.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Liberals are more likely to label themselves moderates than conservatives are to label themselves moderate. The "moderate" vote almost always swings to the Democrat nominee for President.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:55 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Most moderates are just people who are too embarrassed to admit they're Democrats. I can sympathize with that thought process.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM

This is what I mean. A moderate is just a wimpy democrat? WTF?

Those people used to be Democrats and Republicans. Moderates are the only thing that keeps the ideologues from taking us for rides on the crazy train.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This is what I mean. A moderate is just a wimpy democrat? WTF?

Those people used to be Democrats and Republicans. Moderates are the only thing that keeps the ideologues from taking us for rides on the crazy train.
Conservatives don't like moderates because moderates won't follow the party line. Moderates might stop them from launching another war or trampling over civil rights. Similarly, democrats hate libertarians for the same reason. They call the libertarians "trojan horse republicans".

Old 05-25-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Conservatives don't like moderates because moderates won't follow the party line. Moderates might stop them from launching another war or trampling over civil rights. Similarly, democrats hate libertarians for the same reason. They call the libertarians "trojan horse republicans".
Well, given the fact that most moderates are breaking Democrat, I think they must find that they must not feel equally alienated by the Dems. I don't think DINO is nearly as commonly used as RINO.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:57 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times
Once in awhile I listen to Rush Limbaugh.

He asks why there is no book titled "Great Moderates in American Political History"

He has a point.

Moderates are nothing more than enstupidated, pussified knaves. They should all do us a favor and shoot themselves in the head. Put us out of our misery.

As much as I hate the Commies and/or Democrats, at least I respect them for taking a position on something, unlike some peevish, overweening, insufferable moderate.

Moderates = dumb as turnips.

Last edited by OhioRules; 05-25-2013 at 04:11 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 04:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
In light of this:

Fun With Party I.D. : Moderate voters skew HEAVILY Democratic in PPP's 2016 polling

Why do conservatives seem to keep going out of their way to insult and alienate moderates?
This lays it out quite well:

"Why Liberals Like Compromise And Conservatives Hate It

One of the reasons I think a government shutdown is inevitable is that Republican voters, much more than Democrats, want their leaders to stick to principles and avoid compromise. The latest Pew poll shows 63% of Republicans favor leaders who "stick to their positions" rather than "make compromises with people they disagree with." Just 48% of Democrats say the same. Even aside from the underlying desire by the GOP for large spending cuts, Republican voters are less attracted to compromise as a matter of general principle..."

Why Liberals Like Compromise And Conservatives Hate It - The New Republic

As you can see from the posts here, Conservatives tend to have little respect for Moderates because Moderates consider MORE than just "principles" and are thus open to compromise.

Ken

Old 05-25-2013, 04:16 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
This lays it out quite well:

"Why Liberals Like Compromise And Conservatives Hate It

One of the reasons I think a government shutdown is inevitable is that Republican voters, much more than Democrats, want their leaders to stick to principles and avoid compromise. The latest Pew poll shows 63% of Republicans favor leaders who "stick to their positions" rather than "make compromises with people they disagree with." Just 48% of Democrats say the same. Even aside from the underlying desire by the GOP for large spending cuts, Republican voters are less attracted to compromise as a matter of general principle..."

Why Liberals Like Compromise And Conservatives Hate It - The New Republic

As you can see from the posts here, Conservatives tend to have little respect for Moderates because Moderates consider MORE than just "principles" and are thus open to compromise.

Ken
lols. I actually thought that was written by The Onion or Jon Stewart. Just some self-serving liberal wrote it though. And you expect people to take that nonsense seriously. LMFAO.

I bet if you took the same exact poll when a Republican was in the WH you would find Democrats are not interested in compromise. Sort of like when they wouldn't listen to Social Security reform proposals under Bush and got mad as hell that Dems agreed to Bush tax cuts for all Americans. But that's just a guess. lols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies