Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times

Advertisements

... during which they will petition lawmakers to overthrow the US government. Or else there will be a violent revolution.

» Adam Kokesh Calls For “New American Revolution” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

So c'mon, all you freedom-loving patriots. What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Sounds like you like the status quo

In the late 60's people were all over the protesting scene and genuinely cared about the direction of the nation

Today, we have far more problems than the late 60's....... but people are scared to even protest..... very sad to see how beaten down people are these days.

Occupy Wall St was a far too small blip..... if only it was about 50x bigger, it might have made a dent. I am sure that you were against occupy.... after all we wouldn't want to shake up things or anything

Old 05-29-2013, 04:08 PM

So I guess I know where you'll be on July 4th then.

BTW, Occupy was largely focused on 1%er greed -- not on government overreach. And on that I agree with them completely. It was a good idea, badly executed. As you say, it needed to be about 50 times bigger.

Incidentally, Occupy hasn't gone away. They're now running programs to assist victims of foreclosure, among other things.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
People won't protest when they have their facebook, cheetos, and x-box.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So I guess I know where you'll be on July 4th then.

BTW, Occupy was largely focused on 1%er greed -- not on government overreach. And on that I agree with them completely. It was a good idea, badly executed. As you say, it needed to be about 50 times bigger.

Incidentally, Occupy hasn't gone away. They're now running programs to assist victims of foreclosure, among other things.
Well, the fact we hear nothing about them speaks volumes unfortunately

The 60's protests got louder and refused to go away until they were heard. Heck, all those great famous musicians got on board..... we need that today

Government is one of the reason why these folks get away with what they get away with. The Wall St crooks own the Dems as well as the Reps. That is an example of government overreach

Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Government is one of the reason why these folks get away with what they get away with. The Wall St crooks own the Dems as well as the Reps. That is an example of government overreach
Good point, but Adam Kokesh (the organizer of this "revolution") seems mainly concerned with issues like Second Amendment rights, which were not exactly a prominent focus of the Occupy movement.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:32 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
He can march and protest all he wants, it's his right and anyone elses that wish to. People are free to listen and see what he has to say. I actually encourage him to do so.

If he wants to try a real violent revolution, he's probably going to get arrested...and maybe shot. Individuals can't just go and decide to remove elected officials they don't like by any means. There are processes for that that require those elected by a majority to be removed by one.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If he wants to try a real violent revolution, he's probably going to get arrested...and maybe shot. Individuals can't just go and decide to remove elected officials they don't like by any means. There are processes for that that require those elected by a majority to be removed by one.
His attitude is apparently that the entire electoral process is illegitimate, and therefore, so is every elected official.

Which is a bit like the conspiracy theorist's favorite argument: that every rational rebuttal to their favorite conspiracy is a part of the conspiracy too. Which in turn is like the devout person's unshakable belief that their holy book is 100% true, and anyone hinting otherwise is an agent of Satan.

But even though I'm not really sure what he plans to accomplish, more power to him. As long as no one gets shot.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 2,434 times
I love Adam Kokesh!

Throw out these anti-constitution, leftist, neo-statist!

Old 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
His attitude is apparently that the entire electoral process is illegitimate, and therefore, so is every elected official.

Which is a bit like the conspiracy theorist's favorite argument: that every rational rebuttal to their favorite conspiracy is a part of the conspiracy too. Which in turn is like the devout person's unshakable belief that their holy book is 100% true, and anyone hinting otherwise is an agent of Satan.

But even though I'm not really sure what he plans to accomplish, more power to him. As long as no one gets shot.
There are no sound arguments that justify any government's power. Governments have always brought about more evils than they were intended to cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies