Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Another one wakes up from the progressive nightmare and walks off the Democrat Plantation. Well done, Senator Guillory.

Guillory said the biggest disappointment for him has been the party’s role in the breakdown of families.

“Their support of dependency over self-reliance, of everything but traditional marriage, of abortion on demand, their policies have encouraged the high teen birth rates, high school drop out rates, high incarceration rates and very high unemployment rates,” Guillory said. “Our self-initiative and self-reliance are sacrificed in exchange for votes for the party of disappointment.”

“The list of disappointments is long,” Guillory said, noting “the lies and cover-up at Benghazi, the IRS harassing the tea party and wiretapping and spying on reporters.”

Hope and Change
The guy stands for nothing other than himself. I'm guessing you don't remember all the crying in 2009 about the blue-dog democrats that were voting with the republicans? I know you are just hoping this means another (R) seat but you aren't going to get an (R) or a (D).....you are getting a (G)

I could personally never vote for the man.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Duplicate thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...fects-gop.html

Seems you're a little late to the party.
After 63 posts and 18 days you feel the need to be the little girl who tattles.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
After 63 posts and 18 days you feel the need to be the little girl who tattles.
LOL, she's just jealous that this guy finally liberated himself from big government, which is something she'll never have the courage to do.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Blacks need to listen because he's right and if black people did listen they wouldn't face many of the problems that the black community deals with daily.

I don't really care if you feel that this is condescending, deal with it.
The problem is, you're not gonna get what you desire...blacks to listen to this man and vote Republican.

Deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Wise yes. If you listen to his video everything he said is true and wise. Only blacks that would rather game the system and suck off the government would not think what he says is wise. There is no mystery why blacks like the big government giveaway democrats. Personally I think he is joining a sinking ship. He should be a conservative
Pfffffft....Republicans ARE conservatives. Don't even try it.

He's on the same sinking ship that you're on, seeing as how you're a member of the same party.

The whole "game the government, suck off blah, blah, blah is typical right wing nonsense. Not even gonna bother with that tripe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
You mean blacks don't like to be told what they need to do to improve their lot in life?

Who knew. Before you know it, many people who feel this way will wake up and realize that most people regardless of their race have a mind of their own. Okay, probably not.
Not by him. And certainly not by you.

If someone has something to tell me that'll improve my life, it'll have to come from someone credible.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
He's 68? He should be switching to retirement mode and enjoy the rest of his life.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The problem is, you're not gonna get what you desire...blacks to listen to this man and vote Republican.

Deal with it.
I'm a tax payer covering my portion of the cost of the failures inside of the black community every day while people like you tell me that it's not my place to care about what goes on in the black community. Until the crime rate among blacks is level with the national average, the incarceration rate is level with the national average, dropout rates are level with the national average, fatherless children rate is level wit the national average, etc etc etc I will care and I will continue to speak out about it whenever I like.

I know that there's little hope of convincing a lot of black people to vote anything but straight D, Democrats have been very successful at creating an entire class of people who couldn't possibly comprehend voting for anyone else.

That's the root problem, Democrats have build this voter base and they expect other people to pay to maintain it.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 PM

5 posts, read 3,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
well they have to find a token. the democrats have done it. although it was a total failure, it seems very popular to be black, even if you aren't.
Some people have to be made an example of. That would be you, Lions.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
I'm a tax payer covering my portion of the cost of the failures inside of the black community every day while people like you tell me that it's not my place to care about what goes on in the black community. Until the crime rate among blacks is level with the national average, the incarceration rate is level with the national average, dropout rates are level with the national average, fatherless children rate is level wit the national average, etc etc etc I will care and I will continue to speak out about it whenever I like.

I know that there's little hope of convincing a lot of black people to vote anything but straight D, Democrats have been very successful at creating an entire class of people who couldn't possibly comprehend voting for anyone else.

That's the root problem, Democrats have build this voter base and they expect other people to pay to maintain it.
Crying about it ain't gonna help. There's nothing you can do BUT whine and complain. And even then, no one is gonna listen...except other white people perhaps. Good luck with that.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Blacks need to listen because he's right and if black people did listen they wouldn't face many of the problems that the black community deals with daily.

I don't really care if you feel that this is condescending, deal with it.
Those who don't listen to what he says are the true hacks. I listened. I agree with what he says. I personally couldn't care less what party he is. He speaks the truth.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM

50,815 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Judging by his beliefs quoted in the first post, his values are clearly more Republican than Democrat, and I am wondering why he even was a Democrat. Maybe it was easier to get elected as one, other pols have switched parties for self-serving reasons. I don't think it matters, really, but I don't see it as a slam on Dems because IMO it came from someone who didn't share the beliefs of the party in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies