Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times

Advertisements

I actually like and agree with much of Rand Pau's ideals. I kind of like with the way Ted Cruz is upsetting the apple cart in DC, at least he is doing what his constituents want him to do (though I suspect he is doing this more for personnel gain than to truly serve the people of Texas). However, with polls showing that 80% of Americans would like to know if their food contains GMO products, I feel pretty angry at their votes on this issue.

These treasonous Senators put Monsanto welfare above ours.Save America Foundation

With all their rhetoric on States Rights, it's interesting when a piece of legislation threaten's Monsanto, all of a sudden they want to give MORE power to the Federal Government and the FDA (which is already bought and paid for by Monsanto). It is hypocritical to me to say you are a defender of the free market, when in this case you are voting against legislation that makes me make a better consumer choice on what I purchase for my family to eat and drink. Let the people know what's in their food, and the let the people, via the market, decide if they want spend their dollars on those foods. If not, the GMO product fails.

People talk a lot about the low information voter. But when it comes to Monsanto, 71 senators on BOTH sides of the aisle want to keep us low information consumers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM

78 posts, read 110,952 times
disappointing.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:25 PM

156 posts, read 116,249 times
Hypocrites.

I can see Ted Cruz doing this, but Rand Paul? What a shame.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM

And what is really mystifying is that the United States support of Monsanto's and other's GMO programs is causing US wheat growers to lose major financial orders internationally. And who is out there picking up the slack? You guessed it, China.

WRAPUP 1-US genetically modified wheat stokes fears, Japan cancels tender | Reuters

I guess you are an American Patriot protecting Main Street, at least until Monsanto, Bayer, and the Chinese lobby show up outside your door. Then its like "American's who?"

Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaddict View Post
disappointing.
Don't worry, somebody will show up here to defend their actions. Everyone has their apologists.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:46 PM

I guess when the rubber hits the road, people just don't care.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Don't worry, somebody will show up here to defend their actions. Everyone has their apologists.
b-b-b-but we need government to run our lives and be our protectors.
Many companies already voluntarily label food containing no genetically modified ingredients.

Rand Paul - "I am an opponent of the FDA's war on natural foods and farmers. I've stood up for raw milk, hemp and natural supplements. I fought to take power AWAY from the government on these issues. So while there is evidence we should be concerned about GMOs, we should also be careful not to lose our constitutional perspective simply because the end result is one we may desire. That's what we fight against. That's what the statists do. Take a look at a pretty thorough rundown on the recent GMO amendment. There were many more problems with it, including the potential the FDA could have assumed broad new rule making authority if this badly written amendment had passed."

The federal government lacks constitutional authority to mandate labeling of products containing genetically-modified food.

Don't worry, some poster will show up here to defend government looking after them from cradle to grave.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Didn't obama sign the bill into law?

Old 06-02-2013, 04:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Ted Cruz and Rand Paul voted against State Rights in favor of Monsanto's Rights

Sounds like some really bought into the teabagger facades of these two worms.

Nothing but shills for corporate sponsors.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:41 AM

207 posts, read 432,499 times
Do all of these traitor politicians who support subsidizing modified corn products and big food like Monsanto actually consume these 'safe' 'foods'? Or are they just for us peons? I am willing to bet they all have money to eat all organic. Just like when they call out for unlimited cheap labor and open borders...what do they care about crime, poverty, racial and cultural tension when they live behind gates in beautiful upscale communities unaffected by their treasonous policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies