Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

"Only a third of U.S. adults say they are very happy -- minorities show particularly pronounced declines in the past two years, a U.S. survey indicates. A Harris Poll of 2,345 U.S. adults surveyed online April 10-15 by Harris Interactive found certain groups, such as minorities, recent graduates and the disabled, trended downward in the last couple of years."

Harris Poll: Only a third of U.S. adults qualify as very happy

Will this unhappiness translate to the next House and Senate elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 AM

156 posts, read 116,276 times
No. They'll just attribute their unhappiness to Republicans because anything bad that happens to them is a result of Racist Republicans hurting them.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Well, the msm better get with it and start telling them how happy they are because Obama is on their side!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
My original thought, since we aren't talking Presidential election, is that they won't vote. If they stay home during Senate and House elections it will impact Democrats.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Only a third of U.S. adults say they are very happy -- minorities show particularly pronounced declines in the past two years, a U.S. survey indicates. A Harris Poll of 2,345 U.S. adults surveyed online April 10-15 by Harris Interactive found certain groups, such as minorities, recent graduates and the disabled, trended downward in the last couple of years."

Harris Poll: Only a third of U.S. adults qualify as very happy

Will this unhappiness translate to the next House and Senate elections?
"It's Bush's fault", "you racist"!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 AM

264 posts, read 280,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My original thought, since we aren't talking Presidential election, is that they won't vote. If they stay home during Senate and House elections it will impact Democrats.
No, don't you worry, minorities will still vote and it won't be for republicans. Minorities don't vote for stuffy, oppressive bigots that are decades behind the times. Wishful thinking though. : )

Old 06-02-2013, 08:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Well blacks are the second largest minority group -- they should be unhappy. The highest unemployment rates of all, the fact that those trapped in the inner cities are going to remain trapped.

The largest minority group is extremely happy. No border enforcement, they're being promised an amnesty the size never before imagined.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
No, don't you worry, minorities will still vote and it won't be for republicans. Minorities don't vote for stuffy, oppressive bigots that are decades behind the times. Wishful thinking though. : )
You're right -- they're pretty mindless and want their one-party rule. Just like the largest minority group already had back in their own country which they preferred to flee rather than vote with any intelligence.

People who will not use their brains when voting have zero right to complain. They voted for the big cheap labor globalists like Clintons and Obama, they vote for these war mongers that give their jobs away -- they got them. They are never going to vote for anything else.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You're right -- they're pretty mindless and want their one-party rule. Just like the largest minority group already had back in their own country which they preferred to flee rather than vote with any intelligence.

People who will not use their brains when voting have zero right to complain. They voted for the big cheap labor globalists like Clintons and Obama, they vote for these war mongers that give their jobs away -- they got them. They are never going to vote for anything else.
You make me laugh. Such partisan drivel.

Do you really think Romney was going to wave his magic underwear and fix everything that's wrong with this country? That's been wrong for the past 30 years?

Oh and nice job referring to minorities as 'mindless'. IF you truly believe your partisan fantasies - you are mindless, IMO.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
This poll does not simply ask if you are happy. It asks a variety of questions, many of which are out of the government's control (e.g. I have positive relationships with my family members), and then spits out an index that determines your happiness based on how you answer those questions.

This is really not a good method, because some people put more weight on certain questions than others. I'm not religious, the question about spiritual beliefs being a positive factor in my life would not matter to me. However, by me saying that I disagree with that statement, my happiness index would go down. See how that is flawed?

However, the one question that would be helpful to this discussion is, "At this time, I'm generally happy with my life." 81% either strongly agreed or somewhat agreed in 2011. I don't have the updated numbers, but I can't imagine it dropped that much.

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > Annual Happiness Index Again Finds One-Third of Americans Very Happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies