Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,993,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
and if you save you cannot get any interest on your money in a bank and watch it grow.. the banks are defunct.
Buy guns that are or will be collectors. I have several I bought right years ago that are worth a hell of lot more now than then. Far better than any stinking C D in any stinking bank

There are no real American banks anymore. I don't have time to detail it but no American banks are owned by anyone in the USA any more. Clinton sold us out.... He sold everything...

We don't really have a country anymore either, and this is why we have a puppet for a president.

If you can't own gold, silver, platinum, and etc buy guns. You can use a gun, and it will still gain in value. If you buy into these metals have them in hand not on a paper share. That paper share is as worthless as a dollar bill. Dollar bills are only of any value so long as people will take them. They are not backed up a bit by the Govt in anything and haven't since 1958.

Or you can call me an idiot, but i own guns ammo and grow my own food. Growing my own food is a luxury, as I can eat a wild diet any time it pleases me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
According to the govt everyone in this country is in debt.
Only Liberals and Democrats. They each (man woman and child) owe apx $50,000 bucks each..

Old 06-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I saw a lazy woman today with her food stamps buying groceries..the fruits and vegetables were in trays precut and more money. talk about lazy.she can't cut her own fruit or vegetables??. free food for lazy people.. on the tax payer and she had a baby with her and pregnant again. No cheap cut of meat.. I saw a few porterhouse steaks she was buying with her welfare card. She put her welfare food in her new SUV.. with custom wheels.
If they call you a racist for that don't feel guilty. Feeling guilty is a choice, and only a loser would make that choice.

The PC is the epitome of insanity!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,240,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Only Liberals and Democrats. They each (man woman and child) owe apx $50,000 bucks each..
I thought it's the government that owes us the money

Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
I saw a lazy woman today with her food stamps buying groceries..the fruits and vegetables were in trays precut and more money. talk about lazy.she can't cut her own fruit or vegetables??. free food for lazy people.. on the tax payer and she had a baby with her and pregnant again. No cheap cut of meat.. I saw a few porterhouse steaks she was buying with her welfare card. She put her welfare food in her new SUV.. with custom wheels.
This woman certainly gets around.

I'm kind of hoping she switches over to a Porsche and holds up the line when her fresh lobster decide to make a break for it. Something to break up the monotony.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This woman certainly gets around.

I'm kind of hoping she switches over to a Porsche and holds up the line when her fresh lobster decide to make a break for it. Something to break up the monotony.
A Panamera or a 911?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I thought it's the government that owes us the money
Nope the govt owes china germany and assorted other countries, which we will never pay. The IN is working on a plan to make mexico the next 1st world with Canada and will connect them thru the USA and we will be the 3rd world nation with no say what either mex or cdn do and their rule will be UN from Euro. Clinton sealed that deal when you were a small boy.

We are at the beginning of the truth, and this is why were have the puppet n thief. Nay sayers will be along soon, but they are quite brain dead.
I know you lean wicked left too and that is wrong. You need to open your eyes son.
FRD started this Clinton about wrapped it up. FDR killed the gold std... After that was a sort of Silver std that was never official but still the dollar was back in silver. For a Silver Certificate (google that so you can see and so believe me) you could trade a paper note for silver at least.

That ended in 1957. Change at 90% took till 1964, then change became copper with silver plate (junk for the time) During that time a dollar bill said United States Note I still have some of each (google that too so again you will believe me.)

The note you know as federal Reserve Note is backed by nothing and it is the name of the press which has nothing to do with the feds.

Congress was behind the United States Note and my bet is they got nervous knowing that there was no promise of any value.

You can't tell me what a buck is worth can you? Of course you can't and i can't either.

Last week I got a Postal MO in the mail and 2 1964 dimes of 90% silver. The dimes are worth $2.07 each...

Think about that for a minute....

You PC friends are telling you lies. The PC here lie thru their teeth and i can't understand why since they are not tall enough to be Elite..... never the less they do and you see what they do to me.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 PM

For me, paper is a medium of exchange. My employer pays for my labor in "paper" and that paper could buy my costs of living. I hope that paper never becomes worthless, but incase it does I buy precious metal.

That and I am saving up money to buy good, fertile land with water.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
For me, paper is a medium of exchange. My employer pays for my labor in "paper" and that paper could buy my costs of living. I hope that paper never becomes worthless, but incase it does I buy precious metal.

That and I am saving up money to buy good, fertile land with water.
Like I said think about it. I used to pay 27 cents a gallon for gas...and 2 silver domes are now worth $4.14 combined?

I used to get paid $0.65 cents an hour and could buy more on that rate than you can on 8 bucks an hour now.

I do not work for any 8 bucks and hour either, I get well over 30 but won't say what here on CD.... But even there I don't know what a buck is worth.

I am not knocking you. I am telling you to open your eyes and think. That's a lot better than what other PC people get from me.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,825,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafygreens View Post
It seems people are getting fought at every turn. Is it corporate greed or is it indeed an increase in demand? Energy Star appliances, LED/ compact fluorescent light bulbs, water saver showerheads/ low flow toilets, 90-95% efficient furnaces, cars that get 30+MPG's, yet were paying more for gas and utility bills than ever! Is it the fact that these companies come to expect and certain profit margin and they're starting to feel the pinch? Or is this their way of compensating us using less?

Let's take this one at a time (although the answer is EXACTLY the same, so I'll post the reason the prices are high at the end)

Energy Star appliances.
LED/CFL bulbs
Water saving shower heads/low flow toilets
90-95% efficient furnaces
cars that get 30+MPG's

ANSWER to the rise in price of EACH and EVERY one of the items you mentioned is...

They were ALL mandated by government. Before the mandates these items (or their predecessor) were more affordable.

The final item on your list...

Paying more for gas and utility bills

Government MANDATES forcing electric and gas utility companies to either supply a certain percentage of OR invest in GREEN technology/energy, including the entirely new infrastructure to make those GREEN technologies/energies available to all markets specifically CAUSED the rise in gas and electric rates.

So, when you put those two answers together, it becomes a single and specific answer as to WHY IS EVERYTHING COSTING MORE?

ANSWER:
Government interference with the free market.

Enjoy all those feel good demands you were saying, "Yea! That's a great idea!" about... because now YOU get to pay for them in spades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies