Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
That's not a private school - but if said school funded by public dollars can still restrict who attends, then you still can't compare it to public schools that have to take all the left overs.
Yes, they have to take them. But there is NO law that requires them to let violent and disruptive students disrupt others' learning. Put the violent and/or disruptive/recalcitrant students in their own classes. Stop dragging all the other kids down!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 11:44 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, they have to take them. But there is NO law that requires them to let violent and disruptive students disrupt others' learning. Put the violent and/or disruptive/recalcitrant students in their own classes. Stop dragging all the other kids down!!!
Maybe it varies by state, then.

I agree that classrooms shouldn't teach to the lower common denominator.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Those people destroyed Philly and many of great cities starting back in the 1960's. I feel zero compassion for any kid in that school and cheer the idea that they are a product of their failed parents, Liberalism and the Democratic Party! You go boys!
You really believe it's that simple? Well, I hope you don't run for office or are put in charge in hiring anyone. I would not want to go to you for a job. Judging by your obvious resentment of Black people, you might end up making your decisions based on that, decisions that could hurt me.

Seattle is run by Democrats and it is in good shape.

Why is it that even with all that goes on, I can still feel compassion for those who want to learn?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You really believe it's that simple? Well, I hope you don't run for office or are put in charge in hiring anyone. I would not want to go to you for a job. Judging by your obvious resentment of Black people, you might end up making your decisions based on that, decisions that could hurt me.

Seattle is run by Democrats and it is in good shape.

Why is it that even with all that goes on, I can still feel compassion for those who want to learn?
Then we need to work to get those that don't want to learn into an alternative program and out of the current K-12 system.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:28 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then we need to work to get those that don't want to learn into an alternative program and out of the current K-12 system.
And in addition, work on getting help to those who need it.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
A HUGE amount of money already goes for that. 10 times as much is spent educating the learning disabled and behavior disordered as we do educating the intellectually gifted, despite similar numbers of students in each group.
Are We Failing Our Geniuses? - TIME

We're getting EXACTLY what we pay for: a dumbed-down populace, with the greatest amount of dumbing-down occurring among the students who have the highest potential.

The Other Crisis in American Education - The Atlantic

Old 06-08-2013, 12:18 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times

RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms - YouTube

Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
The problem cannot be solved in the school dealing with the students.
That is not where the problem originates.

The students are not the problem but a reflection of their upbringing and life outside of school.
That is where your problem lies.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The problem cannot be solved in the school dealing with the students.
That is not where the problem originates.

The students are not the problem but a reflection of their upbringing and life outside of school.
That is where your problem lies.
The real problem is our schools are still run like factories.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl4live View Post
I am interested to know you after seen your profile and ads and i'm happy with a lot of interest in you. I will like you to write to me back with this my email address (pearlonielzamba@ya/hoo./com) I'm looking for a good friend and possibly a relationship perhaps.
hope to hear from you soon.

yours
pearl.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies