Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,125 times

Advertisements

another person who never read the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,839,420 times
I mean why have any rules? Let the kid wear a bikini, prom dress, wear a bra and stuff it with balloons. Bc anyone who raises an eyebrow at this behavior is just a homophobe.

Sometimes a kid in eighth grade needs a little guidance. I wonder how many times he's went out and thrown the football around with his parents? Instead, they're out telling their 13 year old son it's fine if he wants to go to school in make up.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 PM

811 posts, read 1,056,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You certainly are in a flutter over some make-up. Make-up upsets you that much?
Comments such as yours display the essence of the strange mindset that has come to permeate the left. You act as though there isn't a difference between a boy and a girl. Girls, modestly, can wear make-up. Boys can't. Make-up is for girls.

You all know that we're not dealing with concealer make-up to block-out camera glare. Trying to equate it the same as eye-liner and lip stick in a normal setting is absolutely pathetic. What, are you going to try to claim that a freak wearing lip stick in a school is the same as a clown, despite the fact that it's normal for a clown to wear make-up in the circus?

Perhaps leftists need to join the circus considering the irrational beliefs. It's no wonder so many people these days act as though their frontal cortex has been removed, considering that they appear brain-dead in being able to discern normal behavior, the result of the brainwashing that extreme liberalism has had on them.

I agree. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,034,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm sorry, but no.

In my business, a lot of the rich happy people of both genders have tattoos, piercings, wear makeup, etc etc. It's not frowned upon or discouraged in any way.

Your world is not the only one. Seriously. There are numerous professions in the arts where all the above is completely normal.

Now if the kid was going for a job at H&R Block you would have a point. But he's not, and it's not true at all that makeup and other forms of dress outside the norm are universally rejected in society.

Not true AT ALL.
Bingo!! I was just about to say the same thing, more or less. Are these people living in the year 1950, a super conservative town, or what? I'm a librarian of all things, and my 13+ tattoos and (10?) piercings have never stood in my way of a job. Matter of fact:

http://tattooedlibrariansandarchivists.tumblr.com/

Tattooed Librarian Calendar to Raise Funds for Massachusetts Library Association (I so want our library system to do this - I'd say at least half of us are inked!)

Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberalism in action folks! Step right up and get your fill!
Yay for liberalism!!! So nice to see a true support of freedom, which both sides often claim to want but never actually practice. If this situation really is the result of liberalism, I'd say we need a little more of that.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Comments such as yours display the essence of the strange mindset that has come to permeate the left. You act as though there isn't a difference between a boy and a girl. Girls, modestly, can wear make-up. Boys can't. Make-up is for girls.
Says who, you?? And don't tell me "society," because I could cite many societies (both in & out of the US) where these arbitrary gender rules aren't consistent. Not to mention, you'd only really be referring to modern society - seeing as in previous generations, the rules were much different than today. Didn't people have the same hissy fit over women wearing pants not too long ago? Society is fickle and ever-changing, get over it.

Quote:
I agree. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
As are the G-d complex and narcissistic tendencies you & others here seem to have... thinking the entire world should be forced to conform to what YOU deem "normal?" Doesn't get much more narcissistic than that!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,137,524 times
You guys loose again.

Female make up is female make up...not a Santa Claus suit or a tattoo or a piece of nostril jewlery.

It is paint and forever known and applied to make the female appear in a highlighted manner, more then what she is in the usual day to day...( or monthly routine?

Therefore the youngster went to school in costume, which is what female make-up is, supposing a heightened glow and promise for beautifying, attracting and in this case entirely contradicting what he was fully known to be. He is obviously reaching out for help with the very strong statement, whatever it was.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 PM

811 posts, read 1,056,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Only school officials (representatives of the state) are prohibited from prayer at school events as this would effectively endorse one religion.

No student is prohibited the right to pray at school or anywhere else.

If a school rule exists that prohibits prayer by students, it is in violation of the First Amendment.
School officials can pray. They aren't the federal government, in terms of congress. Even then, the establishment clause has been misinterpreted incorrectly. If it meant that religious speech couldn't be used by a politician in a public setting, then the founders would have never spoken of Jesus on the floors of congress after the Constitution's signing.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
You guys loose again.

Female make up is female make up...not a Santa Claus suit or a tattoo or a piece of nostril jewlery.

It is paint and forever known and applied to make the female appear in a highlighted manner, more then what she is in the usual day to day...( or monthly routine?

Therefore the youngster went to school in costume, which is what female make-up is, supposing a heightened glow and promise for beautifying, attracting and in this case entirely contradicting what he was fully known to be. He is obviously reaching out for help with the very strong statement, whatever it was.
I am a woman, and hardly ever wear makeup... you'll also never catch me in a dress or skirt, unless it's a specifically formal affair. Does this make me a freak, and mean I'm trying to be a man? If not, why do you feel only women should have this freedom & flexibility in our "costuming?" That seems rather unfair to me.

Not to mention, unlike tattoos and piercings, makeup is extremely temporary. So it's really a harmless way to express oneself, and I think most (logic-minded) parents would rather their 14yo wear eyeliner than get his face tattooed or nose pierced. FYI: for those who think piercings are 100% reversible, tell that to the holes in my nose & tongue 10+ years after removing that jewelry.

Maybe he is calling out for help or attention, but that is something only he and his parents know. Since I do not know them personally, I'm in no place to pass judgments or evaluate his mental state. Are you?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,387,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Boys can't. Make-up is for girls.
False. It is "for" whoever wants it. You do not get to dictate who can or can not use it or should use it. Or not. The separation is a vestige of an archaic social separation of the sexes which is daily being eroded. And a good thing it is too.

That you would call such a child a "freak" belies nothing but your own biases, bigotry and judgmental nature. But I guess it is easier to throw around phrases like "freak" and "mental disorder" rather than actually substantiate your own position in any way. Ad Hominem is the last shield left for a baseless position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies