Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
ANY vote for ANY Republican OR Democrat for any national office is a wasted vote.

By voting for one of the two major parties, you are just helping the people actually running the country and consolidating power around the world gather more power and screwing yourself.

Partisanship is a complete hypocritical, baseless waste of time. D and R politicians are irrelevant.

Anyone who thinks one party or one politician from one of the two major parties is somehow preferable to another is a deluded dupe.

D and R politicians BOTH are bought, sold and owned by special interest groups. They have sold us out to the highest bidders, and they laugh at the useful idiots who are so easily distracted by the "us vs them, dem vs. repub" mentality.

The Dems and Repubs are crony capitalists--all of them--who do the bidding of multinational CEOs, global bankers, heads of international energy concerns, and lobbyists. They work for THEM, not We The People.

And as long as we allow Dems and Repubs to run the White House and Congress, we will get continually more screwed and give up more and more of our voice.
I agree. The problem, as I see it, is that Obama voters have particular type of loyalty and ownership attached to their votes, as if they are struggling to hang on to the idea that Barack Obama really was destined to fundamentally change this nation. Those voters harbor a special kind of disillusion and delusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 06:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
ANY vote for ANY Republican OR Democrat for any national office is a wasted vote.

By voting for one of the two major parties, you are just helping the people actually running the country and consolidating power around the world gather more power and screwing yourself.

Partisanship is a complete hypocritical, baseless waste of time. D and R politicians are irrelevant.

Anyone who thinks one party or one politician from one of the two major parties is somehow preferable to another is a deluded dupe.

D and R politicians BOTH are bought, sold and owned by special interest groups. They have sold us out to the highest bidders, and they laugh at the useful idiots who are so easily distracted by the "us vs them, dem vs. repub" mentality.

The Dems and Repubs are crony capitalists--all of them--who do the bidding of multinational CEOs, global bankers, heads of international energy concerns, and lobbyists. They work for THEM, not We The People.

And as long as we allow Dems and Repubs to run the White House and Congress, we will get continually more screwed and give up more and more of our voice.
Until such a time as we stop the buying of elections and allow 3rd party candidates a seat at the table we'll be stuck with the two parties that don't want to share the spoils of office.
What I can't fathom is how the majority look at the amount of money raised to run and win office and think "hmmm, got to vote for that guy"?
These people are raising more money to win ONE office than many small countries annual budgets.
How can one justify that? You have to be stupid not to think those people are not owned by someone.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree. The problem, as I see it, is that Obama voters have particular type of loyalty and ownership attached to their votes, as if they are struggling to hang on to the idea that Barack Obama really was destined to fundamentally change this nation. Those voters harbor a special kind of disillusion and delusion.
Well, I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on the one point, at least.

But I disagree that the mindless followers of one party politician are more deluded than the followers of the other. I think that is hypocritical.

There are plenty of overzealous adherents to both parties, and neither party has a corner on the market of lunatic fringe or revisionist history.

Politicians from both parties make a boatload of promises they will never be able to keep (often I am sure they have no intention of even trying to keep them) and those promises resonate with different demographics within the population of sheeple. Both "sides" do it, and both "sides" have plenty of blinded, partisan hacks that will eat it up and call it peach ice cream.

I mean, you listen to people talk now about Reagan or Clinton. Depending on the political ideology of the person discussing these two relatively recent POTUSes, you'd think they were the Second Coming of Christ Jesus with the added powers of Superman. It's ridiculous.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
That's not the point we are arguing. You stated that BO is not a war monger.

You're wrong. Again.
No, you are. The definition of "war monger or warmonger" is not someone who prosecutes a war he inherited. It is someone who advocates, incites or encourages war against another entity.

"Monger" is an ancient term for seller or peddler. Shakespeare mentioned a fishmonger in Hamlet.

Bush is the one who sold fear in order to sell the war. President Obama was left to clean up Boy George's mess.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
So you support the scope and scale of current government policy on tracking the entire digital footprint of every living breathing American?

Just making sure I'm clear on your position.
Somehow I have the feeling you'd be defending Romney's practice of doing everything Obama is doing, and then some. It's not wise to throw stones in glass houses

Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The definition of "war monger or warmonger" is not someone who prosecutes a war he inherited. It is someone who advocates, incites or encourages war against another entity.

"Monger" is an ancient term for seller or peddler. Shakespeare mentioned a fishmonger in Hamlet.
And by that definition, Obama is a warmonger.

Libya wasn't inherited. Neither was Pakistan. Nor was Yemen. Nor was Mali. Nor was Somalia. Nor was Uganda.

Quote:
Bush is the one who sold fear in order to sell the war.
And the Dems fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Especially Hillary:

Hillary Clinton's 2002 Vote for the Iraq War - YouTube

Quote:
President Obama was left to clean up Boy George's mess.
But then he went and created more messes by intruding in Libya's sovereign affairs (killing thousands of civilians in the process). He overseas the murder of thousands of civilians in Pakistan (including over 200 children) and Yemen. He is sending weapons to cannibalistic Syrian "rebels," many of whom are foreign al-CIA-da fighters.

Meanwhile, U.S. roads are decaying, schools are falling apart, and people are still struggling to find work.

But the military-industrial complex (fully backed by its new puppet Obama) just keeps humming along...

Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And by that definition, Obama is a warmonger.

Libya wasn't inherited. Neither was Pakistan. Nor was Yemen. Nor was Mali. Nor was Somalia. Nor was Uganda.

And the Dems fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Especially Hillary:

Hillary Clinton's 2002 Vote for the Iraq War - YouTube

But then he went and created more messes by intruding in Libya's sovereign affairs (killing thousands of civilians in the process). He overseas the murder of thousands of civilians in Pakistan (including over 200 children) and Yemen. He is sending weapons to cannibalistic Syrian "rebels," many of whom are foreign al-CIA-da fighters.

Meanwhile, U.S. roads are decaying, schools are falling apart, and people are still struggling to find work.

But the military-industrial complex (fully backed by its new puppet Obama) just keeps humming along...
Hillary was acting on the information given to her by George W. Bush.

You need to consult your obstructionist republicans in Congress and ask them why progress can't be made in these areas. There have been multiple bills proposed to deal with these issues, but they don't seem to be able to get passed.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Or Syria for that matter. All true.

Quote:
And the Dems fell for it hook, line, and sinker...
Everyone fell for it. And you had high level Repub sleazebags like Rumsfeld and Cheney throwing out BS about Iraq as if it were fact on a daily basis.

People need to realize this has noting to do with the party affiliation of people in Congress or who occupy the Oval Office at this particular juncture.

Quote:

Yep. And people also need to realize this would be the exact same outcome if Romney had been elected.

Nobody should ever vote for a Dem or a Repub for any national office. Ever.

When you do, you are really electing the people who run the show--and they most certainly are not our elected officials.

The two parties have sold us out to special interests.

We all need to wise up and get over the hypocritical partisan hack nonsense. It's baseless, pointless and consumes a lot of needless energy.

Wealth and power is being consolidated on a global scale by a small few handfuls of people. The Dem and Repub politicians in DC and anywhere near getting to DC are all in the pockets of these people.

Before long, about 250 people are going to own 99.999% of all the wealth and property of the world, and in some way or another, all of us will be working to support and subsidize their lifestyles.

Those people are laughing at the useful idiots who are wallowing in the "us vs them, dems vs. repubs" line of BS.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Hillary was acting on the information given to her by George W. Bush.
Well then how do you explain the Congress Critters who weren't so gullible as to believe the Bush/Cheney lies?

Are you saying Hillary can't think for herself?

Quote:
You need to consult your obstructionist republicans in Congress and ask them why progress can't be made in these areas. There have been multiple bills proposed to deal with these issues, but they don't seem to be able to get passed.
My obstructionist Republicans?

I'm not a Republican--I'm a libertarian who belongs to no political party. I DESPISE the GOP.

You need to consult your warmongering President and ask why he keeps sending American taxpayer money overseas to meddle in the affairs of sovereign nations and kill innocent people.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You need to consult your warmongering President and ask why he keeps sending American taxpayer money overseas to meddle in the affairs of sovereign nations and kill innocent people.
I agree. Obama shouldn't get a pass for this any more than Bush should have.

I'm not a libertarian or member of any political group, party or organization. I also distrust and despise the Dems and the GOP.

As long as we continue to elect Dems and Repubs, we will be involved in the Middle East. Our involvement there engenders more Anti-Western / Anti-American sentiment than anything else. And we sink money into this region to beyond the point of national solvency.

Why? Because the right people are getting rich from it.

I know we have oil concerns there, and I realize that certain folks are still making profits there, but we need to pull out. The different tribes and sects in the Mid East would continue fighting each other (as they have for the past 1500 years) and not worry so much about conflicts with us (which really only began when Western powers began meddling in the region...drawing arbitrary borders, arming rebels, deposing one dictator to install a different dictator of our choosing, selling arms to leaders, then turning around and declaring war on those same leaders, etc., etc.

It's a farce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies