Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

So take your pick of any/all of the issues. NSA, the IRS scandal, Big Brother, gas being almost $ 5.00 a gallon, the hypocrisy of all the politicians.......(to name just a few)
Why aren't more people paying attention?
I just talked to someone yesterday who didn't know any of the latest news.
Is this country that out of touch, & if so -I guess Big Brother's job was well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,788 times
As an American observer who resides abroad, I think most of these "scandals" are non-issues.

Besides, most of the people who believe these are genuine scandals are probably as assortment of teabagger nutjobs, Alex Jones listeners, and 911 truthers. You know, the type who are obsessed with the Illuminati and supported Ron Paul. It's going to be hilarious watching the GOP trying to rally these people to support whichever clown the GOP puts forth in 2016 against Hillary. Some people actually think Rand Paul has a legitimate shot. LOL!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
I think there's a lot of truth to that. I think that most of what people get bent out of shape about is not being able to impose what's best for themselves personally on everyone else.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
They are apathetic and obvlious. Too preoccupied with things that don't matter: reality shows, getting drunk on the weekends, what they are going to wear to a party. I think a lot of them are extremely complacent, too.

Not to mention a lot of people don't even bother learning history and their rights. They don't even know the government is trampling on their rights. It is too bad. We have people who lost their lives for this country back in the day and apparently it was all in vain.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
They are apathetic and obvlious. Too preoccupied with things that don't matter: reality shows, getting drunk on the weekends, what they are going to wear to a party. I think a lot of them are extremely complacent, too.

Not to mention a lot of people don't even bother learning history and their rights. They don't even know the government is trampling on their rights. It is too bad. We have people who lost their lives for this country back in the day and apparently it was all in vain.
One can watch reality tv, drink on the weekends & still be up on the issues. I know people who don't care much about politics because they're too busy focusing on their kids. They're not involved in getting drunk or reality tv.

People get excited about what they think affects them. Some people get involved in all issues, some get involve in only a few & some get involve in none. It's just what you feel passionate or interested about. Some feel the issues mentioned are no big deal in the grand scheme of things, I'm one of them.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Too many people are comfortable slaves.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
So take your pick of any/all of the issues. NSA, the IRS scandal, Big Brother, gas being almost $ 5.00 a gallon, the hypocrisy of all the politicians.......(to name just a few)
Why aren't more people paying attention?
I just talked to someone yesterday who didn't know any of the latest news.
Is this country that out of touch, & if so -I guess Big Brother's job was well done.

People are afraid to complain because they will be labeled a "racist" for questioning the motives of the Amatuer-in-Chief and his out of control idealogues.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
I somehow just can't get worked up over umbrellas. A recent non-issue. And other idiocies like that.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times
Probably because they are worrying about something more important like the economy.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Is this country that out of touch ....
No, I don't think the country is that "out of touch." People decide what's important to them, and to the country. That their views may differ from yours, and we have some national polls which illustrate a lack of upset on some of the issues you might be more concerned about, is no reason to suggest they're wrong and you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies