Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 01:17 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times

Advertisements

The Wisconsin GOP decided to get onto the mandatory ultrasound before abortion bandwagon today, and the proceeding were quite amusing:

WI State Senate vote on SB206 (Abortion bill) 6.12.13 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Since for years women were lied to that there was nothing there but a blob of tissue I can understand an argument that women should not be mislead that way but simple facts should suffice.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
So now Republicans are for mandates again?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Since for years women were lied to that there was nothing there but a blob of tissue I can understand an argument that women should not be mislead that way but simple facts should suffice.
This isn't about misleading, it's about invading medical privacy. I hate abortion, but this was blatant pandering to the Republican base, and the behavior of the Republicans today was shameful. Total "my way or the highway, and go F yourself" type mentality on display here.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This isn't about misleading, it's about invading medical privacy. I hate abortion, but this was blatant pandering to the Republican base, and the behavior of the Republicans today was shameful. Total "my way or the highway, and go F yourself" type mentality on display here.
I said the simple truth should suffice. It's always the best choice.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
I've had it up to here with Walker, that senate & the assembly. I hope they get their asses handed to them on a platter in the next election. They've lost all respect long ago when they made the decision to say no & not attempt any sort of compromise w/the dems. The repubs are going to regret the bulldozing BS they've put this state through.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I've had it up to here with Walker, that senate & the assembly. I hope they get their asses handed to them on a platter in the next election. They've lost all respect long ago when they made the decision to say no & not attempt any sort of compromise w/the dems. The repubs are going to regret the bulldozing BS they've put this state through.
I don't know. I think there's plenty of "good ol' boy" types in this state that are perfectly OK with it.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Wisconsin GOP decided to get onto the mandatory ultrasound before abortion bandwagon today, and the proceeding were quite amusing:

WI State Senate vote on SB206 (Abortion bill) 6.12.13 - YouTube

Here's a rare case where the left finally has a point with regard to social conservatives trying to use gov't to impose things. I can understand the case for restrictions or even banning of abortion. I don't see how forcing someone to get an ultrasound is a legitimate role for gov't. Restrict it or ban it if you can get the votes, but don't force the woman to look at an ultrasound. That's not limited gov't.

That is strictly a lib-like proposal. It would be like forcing people to watch a Michael Moore video before buying a gun.

Nonetheless, I'll still take an alliance with the religious-right over the nannyist left. I can count on one hand the number of things that the RR actually wants to ban, but 10 fingers and 10 toes would not be enough to count things that libs have tried to ban, severely restrict, or mandate.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:53 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
It's not just this bill. There are countless issues, COUNTLESS issues that start from the very beginning when he first started in office. This state government makes me want to puke.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A woman knows if she's pregnant.
Holey moley, do you think we're dumb?

Stop trying to control us & forcing us to pay for your patronizing and minizing our understanding of our bodies.
Take care of yourselves and leave women alone.

When you get pregnant, you get to decide.
Until then, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Koch will put another $10M or whatever it takes to get his way.
That's what they injected into the GOP for Walker's recall vote.
They provided resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies