Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No, we still love our state. Maybe all the neo-cons can move down to Mississippi or Alabama since their policies are trying to turn Wisconsin into a Deep South style economy.
Please don't send them here, we have enough already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
No, like women not banging dudes if they arent on a pill or if a condom isnt involved.

It's a pretty basic concept of personal responsibility.
OR, you know, dudes not banging women if they aren't on the pill or if a condom isn't involved.

In fact, I suggest that ever time a dude gets a girl pregnant by mistake - that they shove a wand up his a$$ so he can vicariously experience the transvaginal ultrasound.

Bet that would make them more careful.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
OR, you know, dudes not banging women if they aren't on the pill or if a condom isn't involved.

In fact, I suggest that ever time a dude gets a girl pregnant by mistake - that they shove a wand up his a$$ so he can vicariously experience the transvaginal ultrasound.

Bet that would make them more careful.
Maybe instead of calling them by the fluffy term "transvaginal ultrasound", we can start referring to them as "***** camera insertions." It might make people think twice about advocating these sorts of policies.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You make it sound like torture. Ultrasound is absolutely a routine part of pre-parturitional care. And it isn't done to please a politician. It's done so the woman makes a truly informed choice.
It's extremely uncomfortable, and I assume you're just another rightwing male or you wouldn't dismiss it so lightly.

And it should only be done because the woman WANTS it done, not to satisfy some rightwing male knuckle dragger. Period.

The ONLY reasons to force a woman to do it are because you're trying to make it harder and more unpleasant to get a legal medical procedure, or because you think women are universally stupid. No other reasons. You can try, but you cannot invent any logical reason other than those.

The end.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

A woman who is pregnant is as informed as they can be. when they've decided to have an abortion, and ultrasound isn't going to change their mind.
Exactly. The conservatives try their hardest, don't they? Poor stupid fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
also, will the tax payers of Wisconsin now pay for these unnecessary medical procedures? If I was pregnant and wanted to have an abortion, I sure as hell am no going to pay for an ultrasound to satisfy the male policians, becaue they believe that I need to be "more informed" about having an abortion.

If the state is going to pay for it, they better expect to see court cases flood their system to pay for these unwanted and unnecessary procedures.
Either I completely miss it every time it's mentioned on local radio or the conservatives never decided how it's going to be paid for. Are they going to charge the patient? Eff that. Charge the taxpayer? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Maybe all the whining liberals should move from Wisconsin to Illinois, where their Utopia of failed government already exists just across the border.

As a native Wisconsinite, I'd be thrilled if all the lefties actually left Wisconsin.
Well too bad for you, that won't happen. Deal with it.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,686,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So now Republicans are for mandates again?
A simple ultrasound, before permanently snuffing out a human life, seems like a reasonable request.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,223,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
A simple ultrasound, before permanently snuffing out a human life, seems like a reasonable request.
Look, another one who doesn't know the difference between a transdermal ultrasound, and a trans vaginal ultrasound.

The difference can be seen in post #56.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Exactly. The conservatives try their hardest, don't they? Poor stupid fools.

Either I completely miss it every time it's mentioned on local radio or the conservatives never decided how it's going to be paid for. Are they going to charge the patient? Eff that. Charge the taxpayer? Good luck!
Did you show the same economic concerns, and ask who was going to pay for the free birth control, abortion pills, and free sterilization procedures the Obama admin mandated?

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Look, another one who doesn't know the difference between a transdermal ultrasound, and a trans vaginal ultrasound.

The difference can be seen in post #56.
Did I specify a trans vaginal ultrasound? No, I did not, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Did I specify a trans vaginal ultrasound? No, I did not, so stop putting words in my mouth.
Yet, very early in a pregnancy - a transvaginal ultrasound is very likely.

Just ask Paul Ryan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies