Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You make it sound like torture. Ultrasound is absolutely a routine part of pre-parturitional care. And it isn't done to please a politician. It's done so the woman makes a truly informed choice.
No ~ it's enjoyable. Really. I suggest you try it sometime.

It IS done to please a politician.

My doctor and I will decide when an ultrasound is necessary - not the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Stupid Republicans.

The government shouldn't be meddling with our health care. Right guys!?

Oh, wait.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
You make it sound like torture.
When you have a trans-vaginal ultrasound done, come back and tell us how it felt, and how you prepped for it .

Quote:
Ultrasound is absolutely a routine part of pre-parturitional care.
For some, it isn't. Since most women don't want to know the sex of their child. and this is not the same type of ultrasound that these politicians are pushing for.

the type of ultrasound you are speaking to, are normally done in the 3rd - 8th month

the type of ultrasound being legislated, is the type that can be done earlier in a pregnancy.

Quote:
And it isn't done to please a politician. It's done so the woman makes a truly informed choice.
A woman who is pregnant is as informed as they can be. when they've decided to have an abortion, and ultrasound isn't going to change their mind.

also, will the tax payers of Wisconsin now pay for these unnecessary medical procedures? If I was pregnant and wanted to have an abortion, I sure as hell am no going to pay for an ultrasound to satisfy the male policians, becaue they believe that I need to be "more informed" about having an abortion.

If the state is going to pay for it, they better expect to see court cases flood their system to pay for these unwanted and unnecessary procedures.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
I guess responsibility would be too hard to teach huh?

Condoms too cost prohibitive too?
Yeah, like women putting an aspirin between their knees?
I can't tell if you're serious or trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Stupid Republicans.

The government shouldn't be meddling with our health care. Right guys!?

Oh, wait.
I agree, they are stupid. They claim to want smaller government, but want to control what women do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRma...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Essential needs?

I support planned parenthood, but calling bc a "need" is going a bit drama queen.

If its such a need, how did women survive before bc came along?
Educate yourself.
Quote:
Our Work
Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 71 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
Planned Parenthood services help prevent more than 684,000 unintended pregnancies each year.

Planned Parenthood provides 585,000 Pap tests and nearly 640,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.
Planned Parenthood provides nearly 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services.
Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs to more than one million young people and adults each year.
- See more at: Planned Parenthood at a Glance

Old 06-13-2013, 06:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
You make it sound like torture. Ultrasound is absolutely a routine part of pre-parturitional care. And it isn't done to please a politician. It's done so the woman makes a truly informed choice.
Do you know the difference between a transdermal ultrasound, and a trans vaginal ultrasound?
In one they put some conductive jelly on your abdomen, and slide a device over it.

In the other they put a device inside your vagina.

I have been pregnant twice, and gave birth to two wonderful healthy children, and never once had a transvaginal ultrasound.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yeah, like women putting an aspirin between their knees?
I can't tell if you're serious or trolling.
No, like women not banging dudes if they arent on a pill or if a condom isnt involved.

It's a pretty basic concept of personal responsibility.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
If the Damned Republicans would stick to mandates there would not be so many abortions required.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Maybe all the whining liberals should move from Wisconsin to Illinois, where their Utopia of failed government already exists just across the border.

As a native Wisconsinite, I'd be thrilled if all the lefties actually left Wisconsin.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Maybe all the whining liberals should move from Wisconsin to Illinois, where their Utopia of failed government already exists just across the border.

As a native Wisconsinite, I'd be thrilled if all the lefties actually left Wisconsin.
No, we still love our state. Maybe all the neo-cons can move down to Mississippi or Alabama since their policies are trying to turn Wisconsin into a Deep South style economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies