Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:32 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,348,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you think that women aren't aware of the facts of pregnancy, and abortion, when she is going in for a medical procedure?
The facts of pregnancy is taught in many jr high schools. It isn't really a complex thing to understand.
Then you seem to agree with me. So what's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Then you seem to agree with me. So what's the big deal?
I don't think that a ultrasound is necessary for a woman to understand pregnancy and abortion.
I also don't think that government officials should be dictating any medical procedures.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,338,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This isn't about misleading, it's about invading medical privacy. I hate abortion, but this was blatant pandering to the Republican base, and the behavior of the Republicans today was shameful. Total "my way or the highway, and go F yourself" type mentality on display here.
Kinda like the way Obama forced Obamacare on us, huh?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I don't think that a ultrasound is necessary for a woman to understand pregnancy and abortion.
I also don't think that government officials should be dictating any medical procedures.
I never said it was.

It's pretty amazing how reactive people have been to a statement they seem to agree with.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,284,889 times
Quote:
It isn't. The only time an ultrasound should be used, is on the recommendation of the doctor and only in agreement with the woman.

any other reason: Its unnecessary and invasive.

I want to know how Wisconsin plans on paying for these mandatory Ultrasounds. If I was pregnant and wanted an abortion, I'd be sending the medical bill to the State, and if they don't pay, sue them until they do.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I never said it was.

It's pretty amazing how reactive people have been to a statement they seem to agree with.
I apologize, I was cross reading, and not paying attention to the argument, and who said what.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:32 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,414,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Kinda like the way Obama forced Obamacare on us, huh?
Bad analogy. Obamacare was lengthily debated, and is supported by a majority of Americans.

If you've paid attention to how the Wisconsin GOP has been operating since Governor Walker came into office, you'd see a real example of rail roading legislation.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Bad analogy. Obamacare was lengthily debated, and is supported by a majority of Americans.
Poll finds low support for Obamacare

Poll finds low support for Obamacare - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 PM

1,137 posts, read 974,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, not really, considering they're spent nearly the entire time Obama has been in office trying to defund Planned Parenthood which provides women with essential needs, such as birth control.
Essential needs?

I support planned parenthood, but calling bc a "need" is going a bit drama queen.

If its such a need, how did women survive before bc came along?

Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM

1,137 posts, read 974,200 times
I think some mens rights need to be attached to every abortion bill that passes through every form of government.

If a woman can choose to have an abortion over the objections of the fertilizer guy, then the reverse should also be true. If a man doesnt want the kid, and the woman choose to have it, she should be responsible for 100% of the costs for that child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies