Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Further proof all immigration needs to be stopped immediately.

Unfortunately that wont happen since both major political parties are pandering to hispanics to try to win their votes.

This country is a joke.
Why would this demographic shift mean we need to stop immigration? I'm not sure I see the connection.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:39 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You folks just waking up ?

Seven states are minority-majority now meaning Whites are minorities but still labeled majority.
Now that's a good oxymoron.

Over 50% of the kids in Texas schools are Hispanic.

At what point will they categorize Whites to minority status ?
Who cares, and if they do why?

Last edited by lucknow; 06-13-2013 at 09:54 AM..

Old 06-13-2013, 11:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTeaDrinker2013 View Post
Few thoughts

- Are you really naive enough to think each race thinks everything is equal? There are distinct differences like: Asians perform better in schools, Blacks perform better in athletics etc.
Sure. That's what I hear everytime someone identifies themselves as "African American." I hear, "Why can't you just be Americans?" So I ask the question to all who read this: Why can't we all just be Americans?

I know Asian and White people who do very well in sports, and I know Black people who do very well in school. All are Americans.

Quote:

- USA was built on the backs of European immigrants.

Actually, what is now the USA was stolen by Europeans and their descendants from Native Americans, and the development of this land was largely accomplished through the uncompensated labor of Africans and their descendants as well as contributions from Europeans.

Quote:
Europeans stopped immigrating decades ago. Coincidence this is also when USA started to decline?
Europeans continue to come to this country every day. And please define "decline" for me.

Quote:
- Hispanics aren't white. People from Spain are white. Mexicans are not from Spain, thus not white.
Some Hispanics are white, though they are a minority in most Latin countries. In Mexico they are a minority, though they still form a substantial number of people due to the country's large populations. There are whites in every other Latin American country as well. Latin America has many whites of Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, German, English, Irish, Welsh, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Croatian and other European origins.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Minorities In America: Whites Losing Majority In Under-5 Age Group

Sure to hear how this is great news from white-hating leftists.
Sure to hear how the world will collapse from ignorant white racists...

Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTeaDrinker2013 View Post
I'm a liberal but even I recognize the Lefts constant drum beating of equality and progressiveness has strongly influenced the downward spiral the USA is on culturally.
Yes.......and I'm George Lincoln Rockwell.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Further proof all immigration needs to be stopped immediately.

Unfortunately that wont happen since both major political parties are pandering to hispanics to try to win their votes.

This country is a joke.
Can we buy you a ticket somewhere??....

Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
We're not.
Really? Aren't we all Americans?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:10 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why are you so obsessed with race? Aren't we all just Americans?
Exactly, I don't understand why he thinks race is important, we are all Americans.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Because it is. It's horrible news.

Ironically it's even worse news for our fellow blacks in America - they will be overtaken by over double in a few decades by Latinos (31% to 14%). Sadly they seem to think it's some how good for them, but it will be anything but...
Hispanics, typically represent many different ethnic backgrounds. Some are black, some are white, some are Asian and some are a mixture.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Looking forward to getting handouts
One must be pretty stupid to have missed out on the "ole boys network", legacy admissions, preferential treatment in home loans, G.I. Bill, right to ownership of land and all the other free handouts that everyone else were denied prior to the 60's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies