Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
How would you feel if your daughter brings Trayvon home and tells you she is going to marry him?
Considering Trayvon is dead and that I don't have a daughter, that question is irrelevant.

But if I had a daughter and Travyon were alive, that marriage wouldn't happen. I have already stated on this forum what I thought of Trayvon. He's no thug, just not the kind of kid I associated with or wanted my kids associated with.

But Trayvon Martin was still a human being without a criminal record who was doing nothing wrong when he was stalked by the idiot George Zimmerman. No matter what he might have done with marijuana or screwdrivers, he did not deserve to be killed at 17.

I'd rather have my hypothetical daughter marry Trayvon Martin than George Zimmerman anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM

318 posts, read 625,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
What would everyone say the odds are of Alex posting evidence of Martin dealing drugs at school?

I will provide the correct answer after a suitable amount of time.
If you can't link the evidence then you are not a very intelligent person.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
If you can't link the evidence then you are not a very intelligent person.
Translation: "I have no evidence."

I wish once, just once, a thread on the C-D forum could contain a right-winger telling the truth. Cannot happen. Cannot happen. It's not in you.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Considering Trayvon is dead and that I don't have a daughter, that question is irrelevant.

But if I had a daughter and Travyon were alive, that marriage wouldn't happen. I have already stated on this forum what I thought of Trayvon. He's no thug, just not the kind of kid I associated with or wanted my kids associated with.

But Trayvon Martin was still a human being without a criminal record who was doing nothing wrong when he was stalked by the idiot George Zimmerman. No matter what he might have done with marijuana or screwdrivers, he did not deserve to be killed at 17.

I'd rather have my hypothetical daughter marry Trayvon Martin than George Zimmerman anytime.
Trayvon was doing something wrong when he grabbed Zims head and smashed it to the concrete several times. No one has the right to do that to a person, zim killed him, 1 bullet, in self defense.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Trayvon was doing something wrong when he grabbed Zims head and smashed it to the concrete several times. No one has the right to do that to a person, zim killed him, 1 bullet, in self defense.
Correct. You can shoot somebody because you feel physically threatened by them but you cannot slam their head. That's just uncivilized and, frankly, over the line.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Correct. You can shoot somebody because you feel physically threatened by them but you cannot slam their head. That's just uncivilized and, frankly, over the line.
That is the law in Florida, like it or not.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
It does not include training for hostage situations or shooting sprees. One of the fallacies of this issue is the belief that if someone is competent with a firearm, a "good shot," they are trustworthy in such situations. It has little to do with marksmanship or familiarity with safety measures in operating a firearm. Most people freeze or, worse, panic in crisis situations. This is one of the primary reasons I don't want you packing heat in public places. I don't care what you use on your own property. That changes when you leave your property for the commons and put my freedoms in jeopardy. The last place I would have wanted to be in that Aurora theater was next to you when Holmes started firing. In the 5% chance that you would have actually been able to draw your gun when the shooting was occurring, you would have drawn me into the fire.

First of all, you're taking a broad leap "assuming" that I don't have such training.. Furthermore, neither do most of your police officers and you would be amazed how many of them panic and freeze in a crisis.. This is not the kind of training that every cop gets.. As far as you worrying about me in the Aurora theater, you don't have to worry.. I wouldn't go there.. I try to avoid gun free zones.. They are good places to get shot..

Old 06-21-2013, 03:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Ya got nothing, dude. Why was Zimmerman anywhere near Trayvon to begin with?

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ya got nothing, dude. Why was Zimmerman anywhere near Trayvon to begin with?
Florida laws 101,

It is perfectly legal to ask someone about their purpose/destination in a gated community.

It is ILLEGAL to go ballistic and punch someone in the face KO him and them grab his head and smash it several times to the concrete.

1st) Trayvon could have outrun him without throwing a punch; or 2) even if he threw a KO punch at Zimmerman (which is illegal), at that moment he could have just walked away. On the contrary, he did what common thugs do, he proceeded to inflict more damage, grabbed his head and bang bang bang to the concrete.

Zim had all the right to put him down. Self Defense, like it or not, and perfectly legal in Florida.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:05 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Why would Martin run from the tub o' lard Zimmy if he was doing nothing wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies