Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,966,995 times

Advertisements

We should believe the government led explanation though since they are quite trustworthy

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong | Fox News

Quote:
A group of whistleblowers, including a number of aviation experts, have come forward in a new documentary to claim that the official explanation for the crash of TWA Flight 800 was wrong and a gas tank explosion did not bring down the flight off the coast of Long Island 17 years ago.
However, the six whistleblowers, all part of the original investigation team, stopped short of saying the plane was shot down.

Flight 800, a Boeing 747, had just taken off from JFK airport with 230 people aboard on July 17, 1996 enroute to Paris when it exploded and crashed off the coast of nearby East Moriches, Long Island, killing everyone on the plane.

This team of investigators who actually handled the wreckage and victims’ bodies, prove that the officially proposed fuel-air explosion did not cause the crash,” reads a statement by the producers of the film, which will debut on cable network EPIX next month. “They also provide radar and forensic evidence proving that one or more ordinance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash.” However, the statement said they did not speculate about the source or sources of any ordinance explosions.
Quotes from people that witnessed the event and / or saw a missle headed for the plane on NBC and then never saw it again:

Quote:
I remember this event and I'll never forget a clip I saw on the news showing a surface to air missile being launched. The reporter said it was footage filmed by a tourist. Then...Bam! Never saw this video again, ever, anywhere. Then came the story of the center tank explosion which became the official line. In the back of my mind, I always wondered about the clip I'd seen and where the hell it went

Quote:
I was a major news junkie in 1996 and at the time really liked NBC News and was super excited that NBC and Microsoft were partnering on a cable news channel. As a news junkie young teen, July 16, 1996 was a big day for me and I sat in front of a TV watching MSNBC's debut instead of going to the beach. The following night I was watching the News with Brian Williams when the TWA 800 news broke and Brian took a Rand McNally map out to show viewers the geographic location of Long Island (since MSNBC's own graphics department wasn't up to speed).

I was glued to MSNBC all night and will never forget the airing of an amateur video showing what appeared to be a missile soaring up from the ocean and then an explosion in the sky. That explosion was TWA 800.

Major Fred Meyer, a Ret. International Guard helicopter pilot and decorated Vietnam Veteran is one of hundreds of eyewitnesses that saw a missile hit TWA Flight 800 on July 17th 1996 over Long Island.

Eyewitness - TWA Flight 800 - YouTube

Quote:
A number of the students were high school students from Williamsport, PA.
My now deceased father-in-law told me something interesting the night that it happened.
He was at work when a coworker received a call from her son in the US Navy. He said that the ship that he was stationed on shot Flight 800 down. It was accidental, according to him.
I know that it sounds incredible in that someone would have surely talked about it since then and what reason would there be for the government to cover it up.
But that is what I heard the night that it occurred.

Quote:
My recollection of this is - the Navy was in the area conducting drills. From what I understand they us civilian/commercial aircraft as mock targets, but obviously not with live ammunition. I always felt this was an accident they needed to cover up because the population would freak out knowing that the military use civilian craft as mock targets.

Food for thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,117,558 times
As a life long resident of the South Shore of Long Island I remember a flash of light at around the time the plane exploded. For weeks afterwards I was afraid to venture near a beach for fear I would find body parts ... hey I was 9 years old at the time

That being said absolutely nobody around here believes the official story. Too many people saw something that was clearly not the absurd theory put forward by the CIA to explain the "streak of light" moving upwards towards the plane.

I know a man who was a former US Air Force pilot in Vietnam who happened to be flying in his personal plane at the time of the crash ... he swears he saw a missile and being that he flew combat missions over North Vietnam I have every reason to believe he knows what a missile looks like when it flies through the sky. Oh and he is NOT the same guy as in the News12 video.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,190 times
It was Professor Plum. From the Lido Deck. With a Stinger.

Or maybe it really was a fuel tank.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,190 times
Question: how much did Boeing and TWA pay to the victims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies