Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times

Advertisements

The comments made by this woman were not only out there but could be, for some, offensive.

Thoughts?

MSNBC Panel Suggests Racist Motivation by Pro-lifers, Goal of 'Reproducing Whiteness' | Media Research Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
You can't make a blanket statement like that... but I'm sure some share that idea.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The comments made by this woman were not only out there but could be, for some, offensive.

Thoughts?

MSNBC Panel Suggests Racist Motivation by Pro-lifers, Goal of 'Reproducing Whiteness' | Media Research Center
so wanting babies of color to live, in lue of wanting them to be killed, is racist? that made my brain hurt....

Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
When your ratings are in the gutter it seems the hosts will soon follow.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
so wanting babies of color to live, in lue of wanting them to be killed, is racist? that made my brain hurt....
Increasingly, affluent white couples are having less kids or abstaining altogether. If I asked the board about this, there would be legions of stories of white people under 40 with no intention of having kids. This puts more pressure on the remaining white couples to procreate and not terminate pregnancies.

And, yes, I have listened to frightened right-wing elites decry the fact that the white, "gifted" among us simply aren't having kids. It goes without saying that they do not want white elites to abort.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Increasingly, affluent white couples are having less kids or abstaining altogether. If I asked the board about this, there would be legions of stories of white people under 40 with no intention of having kids. This puts more pressure on the remaining white couples to procreate and not terminate pregnancies.

And, yes, I have listened to frightened right-wing elites decry the fact that the white, "gifted" among us simply aren't having kids. It goes without saying that they do not want white elites to abort.
You and every other nutjob who believes there is some sort of concerted effort for whites to curb abortion in an effort to preserve their racial majority, needs to be checked into an institution, medicated, and tossed into a padded room to live out the remainder of your lives without spreading this crap to anyone around you.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
This came from a liberal. I cannot honestly believe that an Ivy League professor would come out with that.

That was the dumbest line of thinking I've heard from an obviously intelligent person. Just goes to show that dumb has nothing to do with IQ.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:

Stats say that whites are less likely to have abortions than minorities.

All human beings should be against late term abortions, because it is appalling. Make the decision earlier.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Stats say that whites are less likely to have abortions than minorities.

All human beings should be against late term abortions, because it is appalling. Make the decision earlier.
I made no assertion otherwise. For the xenophobic right-wingers, it is still essential to keep up white numbers as high as possible in this "invasion" of brown people.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
I made no assertion otherwise. For the xenophobic right-wingers, it is still essential to keep up white numbers as high as possible in this "invasion" of brown people.
If right wingers priority were to keep a white majority -- protecting abortion rights would be in their platform. You may be buying in a little too much into the MSNBC drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies