Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

The religious nuts suffer another defeat but one has to wonder when, we as a country, will finally grow up and stop believing in superstitions.

The fundies have too much power in this country, notably with the GOP..one reason why I could never support a Republican candidate.

It's too bad they all just can't get in a big boat (Noah's ark no doubt) float away, and leave the rest of alone..so we can grow and prosper without their 13th century fundamentalist baloney interfering.

Quote:
In a trial watched closely by those on both sides of the abortion debate, Dr. George Tiller, a Kansas physician accused of performing 19 illegal late-term abortions, was found not guilty today. The six-person jury, three men and three women, deliberated for less than an hour.
Quote:
Tiller was charged with 19 criminal misdemeanor counts of violating a Kansas law that requires a second opinion from a doctor with no legal or financial ties to any physician who terminates the pregnancies of women whose fetuses are considered "viable" -- or able to survive outside the womb. That generally happens around six months' gestation.
Kansas doctor acquitted in late-term abortion case - Los Angeles Times

Last edited by Upton; 03-27-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,646 times
He may have gotten off on Earth but he be judged by God and suffer in Hell for all eternity. He is nothing short of a Nazi doctor death.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
He may have gotten off on Earth but he be judged by God and suffer in Hell for all eternity. He is nothing short of a Nazi doctor death.

Are you joking? Or are you just an example of the fundie kind of thinking I was referring too?

Sometimes it's hard to tell, as often the fundies take positions that, to those of us who believe in logic and rational thought, are downright ludicrous.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 PM

500 posts, read 703,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Are you joking? Or are you just an example of the fundie kind of thinking I was referring too?

Sometimes it's hard to tell, as often the fundies take positions that, to those of us who believe in logic and rational thought, are downright ludicrous.
How about this for logic and rational thoughts from the Liberals: Late term abortion = YAY, execute a convected murder = OMG how dare you, that's a human life. Now back to your hatred toward religion you peace and tolerant person you.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 PM

First of all I am not a fundamentalist but do believe that there are many paths to God and am proud stand with my Moslem, Jewish, and other religious brothers and sisters. I believe that all life is beautiful. God has blessed us by allowing to share in the beauty of creation. Such a gift should always be cherished.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:

Since you are so logical, you should have no difficulty understanding the fine hair you'll need to split to differentiate between the activities of "doctors" like this individual and those of Nazis like Josef Mengele. There were lots of people like you running around Germany a few years back with no greater sense of guilt than we see in the pro-abortion crowds today. Situational ethics, moral relativism, whatever you want to call it, it may be legal, but it's still murder.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
How about this for logic and rational thoughts from the Liberals: Late term abortion = YAY, execute a convected murder = OMG how dare you, that's a human life. Now back to your hatred toward religion you peace and tolerant person you.

You forgot polar bears and dolphins. Good night! Don't kill one of them they'll throw red piant on you and call you a sadistic tuna-eating fur-wearing psycopath. On the other hand, you could use a chainsaw to preform an abortion five minutes before a child would have been born naturally and that's just dandy!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
First of all I am not a fundamentalist but do believe that there are many paths to God and am proud stand with my Moslem, Jewish, and other religious brothers and sisters. I believe that all life is beautiful. God has blessed us by allowing to share in the beauty of creation. Such a gift should always be cherished.

"....I am not a fundamentalist but do believe that there are many paths to God"

Why?

Based on what?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"....I am not a fundamentalist but do believe that there are many paths to God"

Why?

Based on what?
Based on the belief that God has a different plan for all of us.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
The religious nuts suffer another defeat but one has to wonder when, we as a country, will finally grow up and stop believing in superstitions.

The fundies have too much power in this country, notably with the GOP..one reason why I could never support a Republican candidate.

It's too bad they all just can't get in a big boat (Noah's ark no doubt) float away, and leave the rest of alone..so we can grow and prosper without their 13th century fundamentalist baloney interfering.

Kansas doctor acquitted in late-term abortion case - Los Angeles Times
This isn't a religious vs. non-religious thing. This is a man who took children that were perfectly capable of surviving on their own and slaughtered them at the moment they were born. The excuse is the mother's "mental health".

This goes far beyond being pro-choice. This is murder, plain and simple. This is stabbing a newborn at the base of their skull and dicing its brains to pieces. But they leave the head inside the mother until it's done, so they can't "technically" say it's been born.

You're a sick sick animal if you think this man was doing righteous work and that this is an abortion issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies